1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

To taste kosher salt

To taste black pepper cracked

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

As needed vegetable oil

Method

Combine all the ingredients in a blender except for the oil and the herbs. While blending slowly add the oil and emulsify. Remove from blender, adjust seasoning if needed, mix in the chopped herbs and place in a container. Keep cool in fridge.

Thank you. I printed it, although the raw eggs concern me a little.

Has anyone actually made the dressing at home from the recipe? Would like to know if it tastes the same before I go through all that trouble.

I have and it's not quite the same. Mine was thinner but my arm was dropping off trying to add the oil VERY slowly to thicken it. Perhaps it differs on the ship because they make it in larger quantities. Thanks everyone for reminding me of this. We are just off the Eclipse and I never thought of it.

I have and it's not quite the same. Mine was thinner but my arm was dropping off trying to add the oil VERY slowly to thicken it. Perhaps it differs on the ship because they make it in larger quantities. Thanks everyone for reminding me of this. We are just off the Eclipse and I never thought of it.

I still don't know why Celebrity can't find a way to bottle it and sell it onboard the ship. I would probably buy two bottles every time I cruised.

I still don't know why Celebrity can't find a way to bottle it and sell it onboard the ship. I would probably buy two bottles every time I cruised.

They'd have to pasteurize it and add preservatives and all kinds of noxious stuff to keep the "4 fresh whole eggs" from causing purchasers to come down with the "Coup de Goup" or some other malady. Of course, if they did, it wouldn't taste the same and no one would buy it.

Then X would have an inventory of useless, potentially toxic, environmentally dangerous, fishy, emulsified grease to dispose of.

Had it last week on the Summit. You can ask for it in the main dining room and most nights it was available. If you love ranch dressing, you have got to like this!

Awesome glad to hear this!

Next time try making it in the food processor. The blade goes super fast and helps emulsify the eggs thicker.

Speaking from making other dressings using raw eggs.

Back in the old days we thought nothing of drinking raw eggs or adding some to a Caesar dressing! I really think the key ingredient here, believe it or not, is the anchovy! :eek: Great Dressing!

I also love that dressing and would be willing to haul a bottle or two back to Alaska after every cruise too!