Late embarcation Constellation

dazed1

We are sailing on Constellation next Sunday from Venice:). Unfortunately our flight doesn't get in until 5pm. I've ok'd late embarkation with Celebrity, no real issue as she is staying in Venice overnight, and I realise we will probably be carrying on our own bags. We're planning on taking a land taxi.

Has anyone done similar, arriving late? Where will the taxi take us to? Usually it's easy enough to just follow the crowds but I'm beginning to worry about the details now :o.

We were on the May 28 Connie cruise with similar itinerary. Since the ship doesn't leave until the next day, you have nothing to worry about. Just ask the driver for Marittima. Once at the pier, you will see plenty of signs directing you to the ship. We boarded at about 4:00 on Day 1, and we saw people boarding all evening.

We were on the May 28 Connie cruise with similar itinerary. Since the ship doesn't leave until the next day, you have nothing to worry about. Just ask the driver for Marittima. Once at the pier, you will see plenty of signs directing you to the ship. We boarded at about 4:00 on Day 1, and we saw people boarding all evening.

Thanks Susan. That's just what I wanted to know. Do we just go right to the gangway then or walk through a Cruise terminal building? I've never been to Venice port before but am in the thick of research this week. How close will the taxi take us?

Ann

Thanks Susan. That's just what I wanted to know. Do we just go right to the gangway then or walk through a Cruise terminal building? I've never been to Venice port before but am in the thick of research this week. How close will the taxi take us?

Ann

Don't know about the taxi, because we arrived by train/walking/Peoplemover. During the day, everyone walked through a terminal building, but not sure if this was the case at night. We just saw people getting on the ship later at night, so not sure of the process, just know that late arrivers were accommodated.

I think that the taxi drops you off at the entrance to the terminal building but ask if it is possible to go round to the Celebrity entrance. I never actually saw a taxi pull up there but you never know. Quite a stroll otherwise. We arrived on alilaguna from St Marco.

Yes, people arrived quite late.

I was on by 11.00!

Just in time for a glass of champagne and my lunch:D