Flying from Cozumel to Chichen Itza

OOTS1ST

Hi Everyone !

Any experience with private tours and taking air flight from cozumel ?

I know that's way much expensive compare to the Oasis Of The Seas shore excursion (around $300 compare to $116) but I'd like to know about any experience of that, in order to know if it worths it to spend more money..

Any recommandations about a company for flight ?

Please ? :)

I cannot comment about the tours, but we have been to Chichen Itza and it is well worth seeing.

We did a bus tour from Cancun that took almost two hours to get there and two hour back. We did this on a land trip several years ago.

A few questions to answer:

- Is everyone in your party OK with flying in light aircraft such as a Cessna?

- Weather is an issue...what is their Plan B to get you back to the ship if they can't fly back due to afternoon thunderstorms, high winds, etc? (If they claim it's no problem, they can fly in any weather, I'd stay far away! FYI, I used to own a Cessna.) The important thing isn't the tour operator, it's who they hire to do the actual flying. I'd personally get all the right answers; aviation in Mexico varies from very safe to horrid.

- Cruiselines really vet their shore excursions for practicality and safety. It sounds like they don't offer flying excursions to Chichen Itza....there must be a reason why they don't. (Perhaps they can't rely on the return flight) ?

- I visited Chichen Itza on a trip in my college days. Cozumel was a sleepy fishing village back then :) Very memorable experience.

Edited by kenish