Carnival Corp. Four New Ships

landnsea

Some people will go on the larger ships for the ship experience, not for the ports.

RCI is able to still command premium pricing for the Displacement of the Sea and the Behemoth of the Sea. Pricing for those two ships is higher than for Princess' newest ships.

As an example (dates picked at random) current pricing:

November 7, 2015 7-day cruise from Port Everglades on the Oasis of the Sea:

Inside from $1055

Balcony from $1046 (yes, less than inside)

November 8, 2015 7-day cruise from Port Everglades on the Regal Princess:

Inside from $649

Balcony from $919

Yes, I'll say déjà vu. I think it is the ship experience that is the draw for the big ships.

Price comparisons are highly dependent upon how well a cruise is selling at any point, or the number of available cabins. I have the OTS booked for this sailing, and got my balcony for 739. It also had a 400 OBC, so it was too good to pass up. Prices are up substantially since then. At the beginning of this month, you could have booked a balcony on Harmony for April 2017 for less than this with no OBC, but it has since been re-priced.

You only have to look at the size of the ships on order to see where things are headed.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/Orderbook.html

Thirteen of them are around 4,000+ passengers. Only Seaborne, Reagent, and Viking are building the smaller ships.

Yes, I'll say déjà vu. I think it is the ship experience that is the draw for the big ships.

Price comparisons are highly dependent upon how well a cruise is selling at any point, or the number of available cabins. I have the OTS booked for this sailing, and got my balcony for 739. It also had a 400 OBC, so it was too good to pass up. Prices are up substantially since then.

Agree. But Oasis if selling enough so they can raise prices, then the Regal is not selling enough to allow the same.