Compare the Fantasy and Ecstacy

uncleg

I have sailed on Fantasy, I know it will be replaced with Ecstasy next year in Charleston. Will there be much difference? If you have been on both what was the difference to you? Plus or minus.

I have sailed on Fantasy, I know it will be replaced with Ecstasy next year in Charleston. Will there be much difference? If you have been on both what was the difference to you? Plus or minus.

I have not been on the fantasy, but we have been on the ecstasy. we are very happy with the fantasy class of ships.:) we have been on most of this class and love it.:) I think you will be happy on the ecstasy.:)

I've been on both & they are very similar. We had a balcony room on the Ecstasy & we enjoyed the aft pool very much. I believe the aft pool is adults only. I guess those are the reasons we enjoyed the Ecstasy more. Oh---I just remember that we didn't have our kids with us--so that's the reason! LOL

Obviously, both are older ships but in decent condition.

I'm surprised the Ecstasy is still running! It's a pretty old ship. I wonder if they plan on retiring it soon.

Rumor has it she's returning to the West Coast.

If she's running well, why retire her? She's paid for.

Fantasy is the oldest, Ecstasy the next oldest.

Doesn't matter to me. I've had 38 nights on Fantasy. I've also sailed Elation and Fascination (twice).

All eight are basically the same with only minor differences. Yes, Ecstasy has the add-on balcony cabins while Fantasy doesn't. I book insides, so I'm sure I won't even notice except for the weird borg-like appearance, externally.

When I started sailing Fantasy, I thought she was hideous. I guess I'm used to her now because her bad-acid-flashback decor doesn't bother me any more! :p

Elation and Fascination were both rather more subdued. Guess I should have a look at some Ecstasy photos.

I actually booked the 4/30/16 sailing partly because it was the last sailing shown for her at the time and I was hoping to be on her "going-away" party, but now I'm booked on Ecstasy.

Really doesn't matter. Haven't been on Fantasy since Risa left so don't know what the change in CD might mean. I've always thought the food was best on Fantasy of any ship I've sailed with Carnival. Of course, that's subjective and maybe I've just been lucky.