Princess screwed our Med Cruise

ucalegend

And after all is said and done.......how would we all actually re-act if we had been on that cruise? Instead of far away sitting at our computers?

My empathy is with the passengers and crew.

A future cruise credit (As I have mentioned Before) might have softened the blow...and not created the heartbreak :cool:

Speaking personally, had I been on the ship when the engine conked out I would appreciate that it does happen occasionally and I would appreciate the crew doing everything they could to try and fix it. The problem was bigger than first thought...which is often the way...they did the best thing, they dropped ports where it was likely they would need all engines working at optimum ability and they tried to sort it into the night and couldn't get things to work.

They have rewarded everyone with high compensation, apologised unreservedly by doing such an act of goodwill.

Cruising is more prone to problems than most holidays, anyone going on a cruise that expects it to be plain sailing is naive, as although it usually is plain sailing, it is far from guaranteed.

The captain and crew did their best with what they had aboard to try and repair the fault, that is commendable.

I see the Princess cheerleaders have arrived....now all of you get in line..Bjdam I don't see you yet...:p where are you...join us...there are people here bemoaning your beloved princess:eek:
I’m not quite sure I understand. On one thread it was suggested by this poster that I butt out because I kept telling the same story. Now the poster wants to hear from me? My response to this thread would be the same as it would have been on the other Grand Princess/Med thread – that Princess provided what it contracted to do and more given they weren’t required to offer any credit. As far as public relations - $400 in on board credits certainly provide public relations that being given no credit wouldn’t have.
The next time that you don't get what you thought that you were buying, please remember that burnt steak is acceptable. That scratch in your paint job after they work on your car. That shopping cart that runs into your car is acceptable. That movie that is really rank is perfectly acceptable. Why ? In every one of the above examples, you have signed away your rights just as you did when you accepted the cruise contract.
I’m not sure I understand the point. A burnt steak is not acceptable and if I receive one, I certainly would send it back – I made no contract with the steak burner that said I agreed to receive steak burnt. Further I have no contract with the shopping cart at all. I’m not sure why people feel that – after agreeing to the provisions of a contract – they can disregard those provisions? If you take your car in for work and the work order indicates in writing the garage takes no responsibility for damage, you’re agreeing to that provision. Or have I lost my mind?
If the Grand Princess were registed in the USA, the obstacles to the handicapped and the many many floor elevation changes would be removed. I saw an awful lot of broken arms and ankles on this trip. Princess said that they would put obstacle courses on their boat and you had better be careful to avoid them. But, if you get hurt, it is your own fault because Princess doesn't care about you at all. It is right there in their contract remember.
Wow – I think this is reaching – someone is really mad at Princess. All these broken arms and ankles happened because of the design of the ship? This is the first that I’ve heard of this – and to think Grand Princess has gotten away with these deficiencies for almost 10 years.
You wish you knew as much about Princess as bdjam and largin
Thanks, she!
Hum I wonder how can the cabin crew properly sanitize each cabin properly with such a quick turn around? .....Maybe this one should be the start of another thread...L---l have some wonderful canisters of Disinfecting Wipes on the market
Cabin stewards enlist others on board the ship to help them clean cabins on turn around day – I’ve seen it on back to back cruises and virtually everyone who does not have a direct duty between cruises (deck attendants, janitors, etc.) are working at cleaning cabins.
I think hiring empty planes to take care of their previous passengers speaks volume about their customer relations. They also didn't have to really provide any compensation whatsoever to all the current passengers on the ship because 9/11 was not a disaster of their making. Finally, they could have decided to continue our 12 day cruise and telling the previous passengers to get off the boat, and not wait 3 days in Istanbul for more current passengers make it onboard.
Just goes to show that everything is relative. Missing two ports to some is a big deal, but when things really get out of hand, Princess does a good job at taking care of its passengers – even when the situation is much more serious. I talked to a couple who were on a 15 day Sun Princess cruise to Hawaii and back that was struck with Norovirus. The ship was emptied mid-cruise and passengers were off loaded in Honolulu and had to be moved back to the mainland via air. This couple was quite satisfied with what Princess did for them to get them home – including putting them up overnight in a Waikiki Beach hotel, and a nice one at that. All at the cruise line’s expense, even though the Noro outbreak was caused – more than likely – by a sick passenger who brought it on board.
These cheerleaders who have taken a bunch of cruises can't take legitimate complaints about their favorite cruise lines....
In my own defense (although I’m not sure why I’m defending myself) and as I’ve pointed out to this poster before, when I make legitimate complaints about MUTS, I am treated as a traitor to Princess and their wisdom when it comes to running a cruise line. I wish people would make up their minds.
And the 'contract' you agreed to here stated that you agreed not to engage in harassment or insulting of other posters. Let people vent, and let others respond...so as to include all perspectives, not just those you happen to agree with.
Thank you…
Disclaimer...I am not a Princess cheerleader. As a matter of fact I am going on my first Princess cruise next week. But I am a "cruise" cheerleader. And I do know that not everything is perfect all the time.
Yeah – be careful – you don’t want to get caught up in that group…:)
Professional complainers cost people jobs, the modus operandi is the same...make as much racket as they can, whinge and whine about absolutely everything and take the company for every penny they can.
Add to that the fact that complainers tend to be more vocal than those who are satisfied with services – so not only do they affect those who provide the service, but they tend to spread the vile as far as possible. Out of 2600 passengers, there have been two threads posted here with a number of people siding with the complainers – but they are probably less than 1% of the population on the ship at the time. I can’t believe that as posted there were 1000 people - one third of the passenger load - rioting at the Purser’s desk. Complainers are vocal – those who were satisfied with what Princess offered are probably home enjoying the memories of their vacation right now.
A future cruise credit (As I have mentioned Before) might have softened the blow...and not created the heartbreak
I don’t think a future cruise credit applicable – those are usually given when a cruise is abbreviated or cancelled. This cruise was neither – it just didn’t stop in all of the ports advertised. So the on-board credit is fair and equitable – everyone on that ship got the 12-day cruise they paid for. They may not have gotten the port stops they expected, but they got 12 days on the ship and all the services and amenities that come along with those 12 days. Princess has to pay for that - running the ship doesn't come free - Princess shouldn't have to pay for it twice.

I’m not quite sure I understand. On one thread it was suggested by this poster that I butt out because I kept telling the same story. Now the poster wants to hear from me?

Now BdJam......I never told you to butt out:eek: if you, largin, and coiran left I would have to seek out a new source of entertainment!!:p

what I did say though was you need to let people vent without stateing a bunch of "facts" from your 80 cruises over the last 80 years. People who "feel" they have been dealt with badly don't want a band of princess cheerleaders berating them. The facts regarding contracts or policy, however how factual, aren't what these people want to hear!:cool:

Now BdJam......I never told you to butt out:eek: if you, largin, and coiran left I would have to seek out a new source of entertainment!!:p

what I did say though was you need to let people vent without stateing a bunch of "facts" from your 80 cruises over the last 80 years. People who "feel" they have been dealt with badly don't want a band of princess cheerleaders berating them. The facts regarding contracts or policy, however how factual, aren't what these people want to hear!:cool:

Ya see! Reading Comprehension - if you read the CC rules and understand them the CC board is not supposed to be a source of entertainment - it is supposed to be a source of info for cruisers and a place for cruisers to relate there experiences.

Like talking to a wall - who said that??

Ron

I’m not quite sure I understand. On one thread it was suggested by this poster that I butt out because I kept telling the same story. Now the poster wants to hear from me? My response to this thread would be the same as it would have been on the other Grand Princess/Med thread – that Princess provided what it contracted to do and more given they weren’t required to offer any credit. As far as public relations - $400 in on board credits certainly provide public relations that being given no credit wouldn’t have. I’m not sure I understand the point. A burnt steak is not acceptable and if I receive one, I certainly would send it back – I made no contract with the steak burner that said I agreed to receive steak burnt. Further I have no contract with the shopping cart at all. I’m not sure why people feel that – after agreeing to the provisions of a contract – they can disregard those provisions? If you take your car in for work and the work order indicates in writing the garage takes no responsibility for damage, you’re agreeing to that provision. Or have I lost my mind? Wow – I think this is reaching – someone is really mad at Princess. All these broken arms and ankles happened because of the design of the ship? This is the first that I’ve heard of this – and to think Grand Princess has gotten away with these deficiencies for almost 10 years.

Thanks, she! Cabin stewards enlist others on board the ship to help them clean cabins on turn around day – I’ve seen it on back to back cruises and virtually everyone who does not have a direct duty between cruises (deck attendants, janitors, etc.) are working at cleaning cabins. Just goes to show that everything is relative. Missing two ports to some is a big deal, but when things really get out of hand, Princess does a good job at taking care of its passengers – even when the situation is much more serious. I talked to a couple who were on a 15 day Sun Princess cruise to Hawaii and back that was struck with Norovirus. The ship was emptied mid-cruise and passengers were off loaded in Honolulu and had to be moved back to the mainland via air. This couple was quite satisfied with what Princess did for them to get them home – including putting them up overnight in a Waikiki Beach hotel, and a nice one at that. All at the cruise line’s expense, even though the Noro outbreak was caused – more than likely – by a sick passenger who brought it on board. In my own defense (although I’m not sure why I’m defending myself) and as I’ve pointed out to this poster before, when I make legitimate complaints about MUTS, I am treated as a traitor to Princess and their wisdom when it comes to running a cruise line. I wish people would make up their minds. Thank you…

Yeah – be careful – you don’t want to get caught up in that group…:) Add to that the fact that complainers tend to be more vocal than those who are satisfied with services – so not only do they affect those who provide the service, but they tend to spread the vile as far as possible. Out of 2600 passengers, there have been two threads posted here with a number of people siding with the complainers – but they are probably less than 1% of the population on the ship at the time. I can’t believe that as posted there were 1000 people - one third of the passenger load - rioting at the Purser’s desk. Complainers are vocal – those who were satisfied with what Princess offered are probably home enjoying the memories of their vacation right now. I don’t think a future cruise credit applicable – those are usually given when a cruise is abbreviated or cancelled. This cruise was neither – it just didn’t stop in all of the ports advertised. So the on-board credit is fair and equitable – everyone on that ship got the 12-day cruise they paid for. They may not have gotten the port stops they expected, but they got 12 days on the ship and all the services and amenities that come along with those 12 days. Princess has to pay for that - running the ship doesn't come free - Princess shouldn't have to pay for it twice.

Wow...I need a cocktail!!

I’m sorry – given that this board is supposed to be a place where people come for information about cruising, I think it appropriate for both sides of the debate to be heard - in this case, someone might not know of the contractual agreement made when cruise passage is purchased. If readers don’t like what some of us are saying – when relating facts – then it’s unfortunate that they aren’t interested in the facts, but the fact is they can skip reading what is posted. Much as I will do with further posts like this.

Ya see! Reading Comprehension - if you read the CC rules and understand them the CC board is not supposed to be a source of entertainment - it is supposed to be a source of info for cruisers and a place for cruisers to relate there experiences.

Like talking to a wall - who said that??

Ron

I did come here for info.....but if some here amuse me then that is an added bonus.....Siily rabbit, tricks are for kids:D

Dang Bdjam you are looking pretty good for an 80 year old. ;)

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age!!

Scott

I doubt you've come here for information at all. You have a gripe with Princess' date=' and extending this thread with its numerous and sometimes ridiculous complaints is the way you have decided to get even.[/quote']

Read, read, read, I have nothing against Princess, I thouroghly enjoyed my cruise on Regal and I have money down on 2 more Princess cruises (just cant decide which ones). This has NOTHING to do with Princess and everything to do with letting people vent without having cheerleaders get all over them!!:D

Remember...cruise CRITIC....the Good as well as the BAD!! I've had no bad but somes perception is that they have...leave them alone.....vent on me I can take it....But I can dish it out even better!:D

I doubt you've come here for information at all. You have a gripe with Princess, and extending this thread with its numerous and sometimes ridiculous complaints is the way you have decided to get even.
Most of those complaints have included a swipe at other posters – starting with the “thoroughly enjoyed” Regal Princess cruise which was proclaimed to be boring and on a worn out ship.
Dang Bdjam you are looking pretty good for an 80 year old
Thank you. It’s all done by warping the time space continuum. Consider that Princess Cruises has only been in existence for 40 years.

Most of those complaints have included a swipe at other posters – starting with the “thoroughly enjoyed” Regal Princess cruise which was proclaimed to be boring and on a worn out ship. Thank you. It’s all done by warping the time space continuum. Consider that Princess Cruises has only been in existence for 40 years.

Correcting you Bdjam is beginning to get old but I will for the sake of your enlightenment.... I said it was 'Boring at times" and "starting to show some wear" I can't help it if my comments bring out the "cheerleader" in you...again this is an example of the problem, nobody can post anything that you consider even slightly negative regarding Princess without you butchering thier words and attacking them for it...:D

I’m not quite sure I understand. On one thread it was suggested by this poster that I butt out because I kept telling the same story. Now the poster wants to hear from me? My response to this thread would be the same as it would have been on the other Grand Princess/Med thread – that Princess provided what it contracted to do and more given they weren’t required to offer any credit. As far as public relations - $400 in on board credits certainly provide public relations that being given no credit wouldn’t have. I’m not sure I understand the point. A burnt steak is not acceptable and if I receive one, I certainly would send it back – I made no contract with the steak burner that said I agreed to receive steak burnt. Further I have no contract with the shopping cart at all. I’m not sure why people feel that – after agreeing to the provisions of a contract – they can disregard those provisions? If you take your car in for work and the work order indicates in writing the garage takes no responsibility for damage, you’re agreeing to that provision. Or have I lost my mind? Wow – I think this is reaching – someone is really mad at Princess. All these broken arms and ankles happened because of the design of the ship? This is the first that I’ve heard of this – and to think Grand Princess has gotten away with these deficiencies for almost 10 years.

Thanks, she! Cabin stewards enlist others on board the ship to help them clean cabins on turn around day – I’ve seen it on back to back cruises and virtually everyone who does not have a direct duty between cruises (deck attendants, janitors, etc.) are working at cleaning cabins. Just goes to show that everything is relative. Missing two ports to some is a big deal, but when things really get out of hand, Princess does a good job at taking care of its passengers – even when the situation is much more serious. I talked to a couple who were on a 15 day Sun Princess cruise to Hawaii and back that was struck with Norovirus. The ship was emptied mid-cruise and passengers were off loaded in Honolulu and had to be moved back to the mainland via air. This couple was quite satisfied with what Princess did for them to get them home – including putting them up overnight in a Waikiki Beach hotel, and a nice one at that. All at the cruise line’s expense, even though the Noro outbreak was caused – more than likely – by a sick passenger who brought it on board. In my own defense (although I’m not sure why I’m defending myself) and as I’ve pointed out to this poster before, when I make legitimate complaints about MUTS, I am treated as a traitor to Princess and their wisdom when it comes to running a cruise line. I wish people would make up their minds. Thank you…

Yeah – be careful – you don’t want to get caught up in that group…:) Add to that the fact that complainers tend to be more vocal than those who are satisfied with services – so not only do they affect those who provide the service, but they tend to spread the vile as far as possible. Out of 2600 passengers, there have been two threads posted here with a number of people siding with the complainers – but they are probably less than 1% of the population on the ship at the time. I can’t believe that as posted there were 1000 people - one third of the passenger load - rioting at the Purser’s desk. Complainers are vocal – those who were satisfied with what Princess offered are probably home enjoying the memories of their vacation right now. I don’t think a future cruise credit applicable – those are usually given when a cruise is abbreviated or cancelled. This cruise was neither – it just didn’t stop in all of the ports advertised. So the on-board credit is fair and equitable – everyone on that ship got the 12-day cruise they paid for. They may not have gotten the port stops they expected, but they got 12 days on the ship and all the services and amenities that come along with those 12 days. Princess has to pay for that - running the ship doesn't come free - Princess shouldn't have to pay for it twice.

Bdjam honestly I really think you are a 'Monty Python 'fan,you certainly know how to turn people (Start an Argument)....I am hoping your typing with a 'Nudge,Nudge,Wink' attitude. :D

Remember...cruise CRITIC....the Good as well as the BAD!! I've had no bad but somes perception is that they have...leave them alone.....vent on me I can take it....

Fair enough then, but if your quest is to present information from all sides, then it follows that if one can question whether or not the GOOD is really good, then we should also be permitted to comment upon whether or not the BAD is really bad.

I have seen some bad, and mostly good on Princess. There are ways to communicate both. All I would really add, something you have not considered, is that for those who question if they have made a mistake, look at all those instances where one person has complained, and others on the same cruise have said they had a great time.

It is ridiculous to think everything is perfect on any cruise, and equally ridiculous to think that the entire experience was miserable. Sometimes people complain about things the cruise line has no control over, and expect compensation for things that will never (and should never) be compensated. I agree, let both sides be heard. I hope you will stand by your words, if you are man enough to practice what you preach.

Fair enough then' date=' but if your quest is to present information from all sides, then it follows that if one can question whether or not the GOOD is really good, then we should also be permitted to comment upon whether or not the BAD is really bad.

I have seen some bad, and mostly good on Princess. There are ways to communicate both. All I would really add, something you have not considered, is that for those who question if they have made a mistake, look at all those instances where one person has complained, and others on the same cruise have said they had a great time.

It is ridiculous to think everything is perfect on any cruise, and equally ridiculous to think that the entire experience was miserable. Sometimes people complain about things the cruise line has no control over, and expect compensation for things that will never (and should never) be compensated. I agree, let both sides be heard. I hope you will stand by your words, if you are man enough to practice what you preach.[/quote']

You speaketh wisely (is that a word):) many people that complain here have no comprehension regarding what they are due (but usually NOT due) but to ridicule them for being naive just cause you have a bunch of cruises under your belt is wrong:(

Speaking of Monty Python, with some of the verbosity in these posts, I think a tryout for the "Confuse-a-cat club" would be appropriate. I still don't know where s@#$ starters comes from. Can you help mke on thsi Kruisey?

That was in one of their theatre shows not taped for TV.. :D

I posted here (on this thread) a couple of days ago that its less about what Princess HAS to do (the contract,etc, which people kept bringing up) but what it SHOULD do (exceed expectations - the key to excellent customer service - see Nordstroms, Four Seasons, Costco, JetBlue, and numerous others. Business 101). What they offered seemed inadequate to me. Also, they should pay attention to the increasing number of complaints about the food, service, and staff.

I've yet to sail on Princess -- will do so in December over the holidays (DW, 2 boys 9 & 12, and I). I must admit I'm getting a bit nervous that I've made the wrong choice given what I've been reading lately not only on this thread but many others -- food quality in DR, Horizon Ct nightmare, service quality, surly staff, cutbacks, etc. Many of these complaints are far more prevalent than many of the boosters would like to admit. Often, I see a complaint coupled with 'but given the price/still a good value...'. Given what we're paying for a minisuite on this holiday cruise, I don't know if I'll be able to say that.

Yet, I'm also hopeful as I see a group of people here who are rabidly loyal to Princess -- you'd never see this type of apologizing/defending for a land-based business/service/corporation -- they must be doing something right to keep you all on their side. I hope the 4 of us will be singing Pricess' praises along with you after our cruise.

Archived