On FOS now - Day 1 Impressions

I was surprised it didn't disappear after the last dry dock as I always thought it was empty too.

It sounds like you are enjoying yourself. One day I would love to be on a cruise by myself. Someday....................................

They had talked about moving the Cupcake Cupboard during the last dry dock, but never did.

Formal nights - Nights 2 and 6 (tonight). Tonight is also the Platinum-Emerald-Diamond-Diamond Plus & Pinnacle reception in the Star Lounge at 4:45.

Is that Coco Cay night and the sea day after St Marteen ... or first sea day and last sea day? Sorry, trying to decide what nights to book specialty restaurants.

Yes -- formal nights are CocoCay night and the first full sea night after St. Maarten. I haven't gone back to the dining room, so I can't advise on themes.

There isn't an empty chair or lounger anywhere on the pool deck right now - and there are quite a few "saved" chairs with towels on them. The pool is wall-to-wall bodies. The ship had not felt crowded to me all week, but today (sea day) that deck is definitely very crowded. There are very long lines at the Sprinkles soft-serve station by the pool.

I have to take back my comment about kids being well behaved. First -- it's more of a parent thing, but I've been seeing smaller kids dump french fries, butter and other stuff off their plates in the Windjammer when parents let them go to the buffet by themselves. The parents have been oblivious (in one case, a Mom was standing and talking to her kid while he dropped stuff from his plate and a crew member crawled around on the ground at their feet trying to pick up the debris). I was tempted to take a picture since it made quite a social statement. In another case a kid was walking next to a parent and dropping a trail of fries while a crew member crawled on the floor after him to pick up the fries as they fell. Plus smaller kids dumping stuff while trying to use the serving spoons. If your kid can't handle a buffet by themselves or carry a full plate to find a table, don't let them. It's that simple.

Second, I've never experienced this before -- but kids are switching around "do not disturb" and the "make up room" tags on cabin doors. My steward was really upset this morning, because he walked in on someone taking a shower and on someone else who was sleeping because that had the "make up room" tags on their doors. Other passengers didn't get our rooms cleaned since someone put do not disturb" tags on our doors. My steward said that he was going to have to work through his lunch break to clean the rooms that had the false "do not disturb" tags on them. The switches evidently happened between 7:00 - 8:30 am. The steward said they've been reported all over the ship this week. Parents -- tell your kids that's not funny. Better yet, don't let them go to breakfast by themselves if they might do something like that.