Just back -Constellation -Drinks,Totes,Food

dazed1

Just posted a review on our fantastic cruise but thought I'd do a quick post on the hotter topics! We had a great FV stateroom, plenty of room for 4, brilliant balcony but sofa beds a bit dodgy for adults.

123 go - 2 of us had the Classic package -we never had any sales pressure to upgrade this or to upgrade from MDR. There were several red, white and rose choices for the wine lovers and all were very acceptable. Glass topped up regularly. I had a list of cocktails gleaned from here somewhere (thank you cc) and enjoyed trying many of them out. Only one 'pour of the day' was supposedly not available on Classic, no problem I just had something else. All liqueur coffees Cafe el Bacio were covered and delicious.

We had 40mins free internet which I used to do online check in and printed of the boarding passes easily in the IT room.

MDR and main cafe food was all excellent. One steak dish was rare rather than the medium ordered but was replaced quickly with no fuss and was great.

Tote was in the wardrobe -haven't used it yet. I have the much better quality one from my last concierge room but it's too long for me -drags on the ground!

Embarkation -we were overnight in Venice. I knew we were arriving late and expected to have to take own luggage up. In fact we arrived at about 5pm and were straight through -one of the last to be processed I'd think. land taxi from Marco Polo was 45E dropping us off at the terminal.

Brilliant cruise. Eaten and drunk too much as usual but full of happy memories as well.:)

Happy to answer any questions from anyone lucky enough to be sailing on the beautiful Constellation.

Hi there

Glad read you enjoyed your cruise. We'll board the constellation in venice soon.

Do you remember the show times and what production shows were offered?

Please could you post a link to your review? Thanks. Looking forward to boarding ship in Venice in 2 weeks!

The review is viewable now -I didn't realise it takes a few days! :)

Hi there

Glad read you enjoyed your cruise. We'll board the constellation in venice soon.

Do you remember the show times and what production shows were offered?

Hi -here's what I can remember/find and my scores out of 10 (personal opinion only). Just the three production shows unfortunately, they were all excellent though.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!

day1 celebrity showtime 8.00pm 'taster' appearances 7/10

day2 I Hollywood 8.30 and 10.45 9/10

day3 nothing in theatre except 10.30 showing of movie Imitation Game

day4 Amy Abler -Piano Divalicious 3/10

day5 Jayne Curry 7.15 and 9.15 6/10

day5 late production Elyria (>18yrs) 7/10

day6 land of make believe 7.15 and 9.15 9/10

day7 Juggler 3/10

day8 Celebrate the World 7.15 and 9.15 9/10

day9 flautist gary Arbuthnott 8.30 and 10.45 8/10

day10 voyage to remember 7.15 and 9.15 7/10

The Constellation is my favorite ship, but alas we don't sail on her again till Sept 2016. Glad to hear everything is still wonderful on her. Who was you CD?

We thought her crew and the service was impeccable.

Mark was our CD. Don't know the surname, sorry. Only saw him as the compère for the stage shows but I'm sure that's because I didn't do any of the late evening or pool deck entertainment.

We're looking forward to our first trip and first transatlantic on the Constellation in November.

We're signed up for second seating dinner but are considering switching to anytime (or whatever Celebrity calls it)….comments, thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi -here's what I can remember/find and my scores out of 10 (personal opinion only). Just the three production shows unfortunately, they were all excellent though.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!

day1 celebrity showtime 8.00pm 'taster' appearances 7/10

day2 I Hollywood 8.30 and 10.45 9/10

day3 nothing in theatre except 10.30 showing of movie Imitation Game

day4 Amy Abler -Piano Divalicious 3/10

day5 Jayne Curry 7.15 and 9.15 6/10

day5 late production Elyria (>18yrs) 7/10

day6 land of make believe 7.15 and 9.15 9/10

day7 Juggler 3/10

day8 Celebrate the World 7.15 and 9.15 9/10

day9 flautist gary Arbuthnott 8.30 and 10.45 8/10

day10 voyage to remember 7.15 and 9.15 7/10

Thanks for the info! Glad to see they offer an early show on most nights. We don't like to feel rushed at dinner to make sure we can go see the shows.

We're looking forward to our first trip and first transatlantic on the Constellation in November.

We're signed up for second seating dinner but are considering switching to anytime (or whatever Celebrity calls it)….comments, thoughts?

Thanks!

We have just switched to Select as after a lot of thought we decided that 8.45pm was a little late for us. Will report back after our September cruise on how it was!

Were they offering special deals for the speciality restaurants on board? On my last Eclipse cruise they were always hovering around the MDR trying to get people into the specialtys!

When we were waiting in Cellar masters with our buzzer we were offered a discount for one of the specialities -forget which. It was a very 'soft' light hearted 'have a look at this menu' with absolutely no pressure felt and a simple 'no thanks' was accepted graciously.

From reading these boards I had been a bit concerned about 'hard selling' but saw no evidence of that anywhere.

Hi Dazed1.

Chris and Bob calling from Australia. Firstly, glad you guys enjoyed your cruise on the Constellation.

We are thinking of our 1st cruise on the Constellation out of Rome for a 12 nighter ending in Venice. This is for 2016. Did you guys do the same cruise and how was it. Just a tad worried about a fair few negative reviews about the Constellation which had me researching S class ships. We really wanted to do the Constellation as the itinerary really appeals to us.

Would love to read your full review. Where can we find it.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Hi Dazed1.

Chris and Bob calling from Australia. Firstly, glad you guys enjoyed your cruise on the Constellation.

We are thinking of our 1st cruise on the Constellation out of Rome for a 12 nighter ending in Venice. This is for 2016. Did you guys do the same cruise and how was it. Just a tad worried about a fair few negative reviews about the Constellation which had me researching S class ships. We really wanted to do the Constellation as the itinerary really appeals to us.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Hi. We really enjoyed the ship and the cruise ports except maybe Corfu but that was my fault for poor planning. You should be able to see my review now in the reviews section. My last cruise was another Celebrity Med Cruise on Equinox from Rome. I loved the ships equally. Venice was my favourite port this time. Last trip Istanbul was great and Rome is a well visited absolute favourite for me. The constellation seems to have quite a few different itineraries over this summer. Good luck choosing and planning, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time whatever you choose. :)

When we were waiting in Cellar masters with our buzzer we were offered a discount for one of the specialities -forget which. It was a very 'soft' light hearted 'have a look at this menu' with absolutely no pressure felt and a simple 'no thanks' was accepted graciously.

From reading these boards I had been a bit concerned about 'hard selling' but saw no evidence of that anywhere.

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for any men loitering with menus!;)

Hi Dazed1.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Bob & Christine,

We are already booked on the May 31st sailing on the Constellation out of Rome into Venice (I think that's the only Celebrity ship that will be doing that particular route in 2016, and then only on May 31st). We haven't sailed on the Constellation, but we've sailed on the Summit several times, and found it older, but still classy........ it's not bad when you're in port most of the time, anyway.

We took almost the same itinerary on the Silhouette a couple of years ago, and it was one of our favorite itineraries...... however, the main issue is Venice. We get there about 1:00pm on a Saturday, and the ship 'overnights' in Venice.... everyone disembarks on Sunday morning. The city of Venice is amazing, but their airport?.... (not so much). Prepare for long queues and slow processes at the airport. The problem is that the airport is too small, and seriously understaffed to handle the huge influx of travelers (especially when the ships come into port.)

But all things considered, we're booking this itinerary again, so it can't be all :)that bad!

FLG8ter