New Orleans Post-cruise excursion

BopRN

Does such a thing exist? I can't find anything on the Carnival website about a post-cruise excursion. If we have a late flight, we are looking for options of what to do.

I've been to New Orleans 3 times, twice before cruises. We always hit the French Quarter for awesome food...dinner, drinks, etc. You pretty much can't go wrong. There are many tours, including ghost and cemetery tours, Garden District tours, and horse drawn carriage tours. Also the aquarium there is very nice. Myself, I can walk the French Quarter for days! Have fun!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Isn't the cruise terminal immediately adjacent to the French Quarter ?

Plenty to see/do there until your flight.

No, the cruise terminal is on one side of Riverwalk and the Convention Center. The French Quarter is on the other side,past the ferry terminal and aquarium.

The trolley will have a stop at the cruise terminal and will take you down to the French Quarter with a choiuce of several stops.

We are staying in the French Quarter 3 nights before the cruise....we will have luggage and can't do tours on our own. I am asking if anyone knows if CCL offers post-cruise excursions where they take care of your luggage then drop you off at the airport.

No they do not offer post cruise excursions in new Orleans. Sure wish they did. We have always driven to the port, but in Sept. we will be flying. Our plan is to look for the service right outside the terminal. I think it is like $40 for 4 bags. They will take them to the airport and you pick them up near baggage claim before checking in for your flight. The other thing I have seen mentioned is to ask your precruise hotel if they would store them for you that day, they may do it for free.

We were curious about this too since check in at the hotel isn't until 3. We figured worst case we would take a cab to the hotel, drop bags and wander the town. Any idea on the platinum departure time from the ship?

We were curious about this too since check in at the hotel isn't until 3. We figured worst case we would take a cab to the hotel, drop bags and wander the town. Any idea on the platinum departure time from the ship?

If everything goes as planned, maybe 7???

I recommend this anytime a visit in New Orleans is on the agenda....visit the World War II museum. It's very good.

http://nationalww2museum.org/

Here is one of the exhibits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIxPagAI5s

Edited by fuddrules

We had a late flight out, too, didn't leave until almost 6. Our hotel where we did our one night precruise stay, held our luggage and we walked to the WWII museum and spent most of the day there, then we had lunch and off to the airport.

We are staying in the French Quarter 3 nights before the cruise....we will have luggage and can't do tours on our own. I am asking if anyone knows if CCL offers post-cruise excursions where they take care of your luggage then drop you off at the airport.

You may want to think about using Luggage Express where your luggage is taken from the ship and you get it back when you arrive at your destination. I don't know if it's available for NOLA or for your airline, but if it is, that would be a way to get rid of your luggage and have the day to sightsee or whatever without worrying about the luggage.

The trolley will have a stop at the cruise terminal and will take you down to the French Quarter with a choiuce of several stops.

Streetcar, it's never referred to it as a "trolley".

Especially historic is the St Charles Streetcar. Can ride as far as you want $1.25pp each way. It is NOT handicapped accessible, so you have to be able to step up to enter/leave. Plenty of attractions along the way. Taking a look at some travel guide would go a long way.

Edited by Budget Queen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

we stored our luggage with Advance Check-In. There was a fellow right when we got off the ship, he took us to where you pay and the luggage is stored. We were going to just store our two large bags and two carry-ons but they close at 13:30. We spent the $40 (up to 4 bags) for them to take our luggage to the airport. We met them at baggage claim and then checked into our flight. It went very smoothly. You can also arrange to be picked up in the French Quarter and be taken to the airport (for a fee). We visited the WWII museum, ate some lunch and then took a taxi to the airport.

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

• 4 years later...
19 hours ago, bitsey66 said:

Can you do the cemetary and ghost tours in the afternoon (although not as spooky, I'm sure)

I really don't know. I do know that you used to be able to walk through the cemeteries on your own, but that has ended. You now have to be on an organized tour. I would just google New Orleans ghost tours and you will find a bunch of companies.