Bare Minerals QVC

Ethel5

i tried bare minerals b/c the thought of that no make-up feeling really appealed to me. from experience i have to say that my face did not look as polished as the ladies on tv and the kit really is the best way to go b/c you really do need 2 colors to match your coloring.

I also didn't find a difference in coverage from bare minerals than to say physicians formula loose powder or clinique's or revlons. HIMO you can swirl and tap any loose powder and get the same look and effect.

I ordered the $60 kit from sephora.com and was pleased that I have 2 foundation colors to mix/match. In addition to the kit, I also ordered Bisque.

Since I began using BE, I have also added Clear Radiance. I like all of the products and I like the look that I achieve by using BE.

To answer your question, the products offerred on QVC are usually a pretty good value. BE doesn't really go "on sale" anywhere else. The introductory specials are good if you're new to BE or looking to expand your product and brush collection. They are usually standard sizes and a pretty good bargain.

Try www.medi-spastore.com . Right now they are having 15% off storewide this week. Use coupon code youth15. And they charge no shipping for orders over $25. They carry many lines including BE. They just had a storewide sale of 20% off. That is a great deal!!!!!!!Hope this helps someone!!!!! By the way, I swear by BE. Love it, love it, love it!!!!

I love it also and wear all their products. It does take me a lot longer to do my make-up everyday. Be careful about buying any from Ebay as I have checked out the products and the big thing there seems to be that people sell smaller sizes of the products and you need to compare off of QVC what the retail price is and what size is normal.

I really love their eyeliner which I use wet. By the way I should also say their powders do tend to leave your bathroom counter a mess so I have mine on a towel.

I just went out this weekend to Sephora and bought the $60 trial kit, which, I think is a good deal, because the brushes you receive are $28 each when you purchase them separately.

I DO LOVE this makeup.....I am 53, and have Rosecea terribly. This eliminates every trace of the redness. Truly remarkable, and I have tried everything out there on the market.

I agree with the other poster who said the "Warmth" was too dark. I have the same problem with it. Does anyone use the blushes?

The blush I use is Beauty and I love it. The color is perfect for my complexion. And I also agree about Warmth. Much too dark. I use the foundation, bisque as needed, beauty and MV. Great stuff! And the towel idea is good. Thanks. I will try that.

Esther

I use the warmth with a very large blush brush and a very light hand. I llike a light tanned look as I live in So. Calif. and am very pale otherwise. I use a self tanner on my arms and legs sometimes in the summer. if the warmth gets too dark you can go over it with the mineral veil lightly to tone it down. Be sure to carry the warmth down your neckline and chest to blend the color. Again a very light hand, just adding a dab of color.

The color of blush I use is Thistle. It is a dark rose tone and you only need a tiny amount so the container should last at least a year if not longer. Some might think this color is too dark. I use it very lightly.

The one thing about their products are you use so little, except in my case I do go through the face products, they should all last for a very long time. I can't imagine how long it will take me to finish the eyeliner and eyebrow and shadow colors I have bought. Every other brand I have owned I know I would have been replacing after 6 months. Just don't spill them!

Tip if you have trouble using the eyebrow brush to crete a defined brow try using a pointed eyeliner brush to draw in where you need to on your brows. I sometimes like to use a combination of both. Sorry but I am a bit of an eyebrow perfectionist. Remember the eyebrow makes your whole eye and you can give yourself an eyelift without surgery with the correct shape eyebrows.

As you can tell I am now a complete fan of BE products and only use their products. Although I still do love smashbox eyeshadows.

Vicki

Sharod, thanks for the heads up on the medispa store...I just ordered BE Glimmer with kabuki brush and got the 15% discount and no shipping charge...I have been eyeing this over at QVC, and even sent Patty Riley an email to see what was making her sparkle so (that is how I found out about the Glimmer) she said that is what she and most hosts and all models use on QVC. I will let you know how I like it once I receive it...Thanks Again, Jill:cool:

And when the BE products are a TSV (todays's special value) they are a steal!!! Especially when you can get the TSV price on auto-delivery - where they will ship you new colors every 3-4 months. I am a BE junkie, and love the TSV auto-delivery programs because they really help me acquire a nice array of shadow, liner, and blush colors. :D

I learned the hard way that you shouldn't remove the paper cover over the holes. You are suppose to just pull it away from a few holes and leave it covering the rest so the powder doesn't spill. Maybe some tape over the holes when travelling will help. Happy Sailing!

Sharod,

Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the BE glimmer, it makes my chest sparkle and shine! I also ordered BE from QVC and got a 3 pc set warmth, mineral veil and foundation w/ brush. It doesn't even feel like I am wearing any makeup. Have put the Medi-store in my favorites. Thanks again

Jill:cool:

Sharod,

Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the BE glimmer, it makes my chest sparkle and shine! I also ordered BE from QVC and got a 3 pc set warmth, mineral veil and foundation w/ brush. It doesn't even feel like I am wearing any makeup. Have put the Medi-store in my favorites. Thanks again

Jill:cool:

Always happy to help a fellow BE lover!!!! If medistore has your e-mail address, you should be informed on all of their sales.

Have a great rest of your weekend!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone for the great adcice. I ordered BE and tried it but I found the Warmth way too dark for me so I sent it back. Do you have any other suggestions?

I am now using Joyous Jennifer as my blush. I really like it. There are colors even lighter than this. It isn't as dark as the Warmth. Warmth is a little dark, but if I use a light hand, I can get away with it!!!

Archived