Bare Minerals QVC

Ethel5

• 3 weeks later...

i have watched the Bare Minerals infomercials forever and finally decided to give it a try.

I hav VERY oily and problem skin. I have always had to use a very heavy liquid founation and so i was skeptical about trying BM, but after i got it yesterday, i am a believer!!

What an amazing product!

it works perfectly covering any problems i have and feels wonderful!

I am also new to BE and love it. Medispa does have great prices with the coupon and the free shipping. If anyone is interested, BE is going to be the TSV on November 19th and I already received the 10 pc kit which is marvelous. I went on auto del. and will receive new kits in Mar, May and Aug of 2006. Check it out at QVC A71001 free s & h for the auto del. too. Let me know if you order it and how you like it. BE foundation is so wonderful, it does not feel like you are wearing any makeup at all. The infomercial was on yesterday and I must have watched it 3 or 4 times:eek: . Guess it is something else that I have become addicted to along with these boards:D ... Jill:cool:

After reading your post, I immediately went to QVC and ordered it sight unseen. I received it in the mail today. What a bargain!!! I also have the TSV from last year, also a 4 x a year promotion "Goddess collection" on the way as well. It was not as nice a bargain as the one I just ordered, but I just can't resist the collections they offer on QVC! The value is unreal! I can't wait to try out the colors tomorrow! Again, THANK YOU!!!!:D

Christina: Glad to help out a fellow CC'r;) . I tried the lipstick today and love it too. The well lit and back lit are great as well, can't wait til the next collection to see what will be included.

By the way, you will love the Golden Princess, we were on her twice and enjoyed her each time. Jill:cool:

After reading your post, I immediately went to QVC and ordered it sight unseen. I received it in the mail today. What a bargain!!! I also have the TSV from last year, also a 4 x a year promotion "Goddess collection" on the way as well. It was not as nice a bargain as the one I just ordered, but I just can't resist the collections they offer on QVC! The value is unreal! I can't wait to try out the colors tomorrow! Again, THANK YOU!!!!:D

I agree that this year's TSV that Jilly posted is an even better value than last year's (especially with the free s&h). I am not opening the QVC packages that I just got for the Gala Goddess or the new TSV collection - I'm having my hubby put them away for Christmas :o - so I won't be able to post what I think about it for a while (even though I know I'm gonna love it!!!) :D I love getting new makeup colors to play with!!!

Thanks again Jill!!!

Debbie & Christina, Before you throw out the box the BE TSV comes in remove the gold medallion it is a mirror another little gift!:D

"Well lit is for use around the nose, under the rounds of the cheeks and along the outer corners of the lower lip to brighten and lift areas of the face affected by gravity..."

"Back Lit is to be applied to the inner and outer corners of the eyes, along the brow bone and right above the brow on the forehead."

Have a good day......Jill:cool:

I actually just bought the kit from Sephora too. It costs $60.00 but what you are really paying for is the brushes that come with it. The kabuki (think that is how you say it) brush is the best. It is the little fat brush but makes a big difference. It also comes with another brush which is for light coverage and then a foundation brush. With 2 actual foundation colors (you can pick), warmth and the mineral veil it makes the kit so worth it. Also, if you buy at Sephora and don't like it you can return it as long as you keep the original receipt and the box. There is no time limit on returning. Basically, you can try it and if you find after a few weeks you really don't like it you can take it back...no questions asked. I like the fact that you can do that because so many times you may like something for about a week or two and then decide its not so great. Lastly, I wear the bare minerals when I work out and it seems to be fine. When using the warmth you can only use a tiny bit anything more and it looks too dark. The best part is a CD comes with the kit so you can just watch the video and learn the right technique.

Bethsheb, The kit you bought is different than the one from QVC which is made specifically for QVC. It does not include the kabuki brush, but did include 2 brushes. One is like a kabuki but with a longer handle and not as squat. You can also return to them with no questions asked. A Sephora store just opened in my area but I have not yet gotten there. I have been to an Ulta store and they have much to chose from. I tried trudy which was included in the kit tonight and it looks great. Glad you were able to get a nice kit. Jill:cool:

Hi Jill. I know the kit from QVC as I almost bought it. It was a good try me price. The one from Sephora was actually a better way for me to try it because I got the Medium beige and medium foundation, then the warmth and the mineral veil along with the 3 brushes which I thought would be a good amount of product to try in one shot. Anyway I am familiar with Ulta as I have been in those stores but if you have the chance go into Sephora. I think you will like it. I am like a make-up junkie. Not that I wear a lot but I always buy cosmetics. I must have tons of lipsticks it is just crazy. Hopefully when I am away at sea I won't be as obsessed, although I hope I don't go through shopping withdrawal.

Bethsheb, That was a good deal as the foundation is $25 in the stores...The mineral veil if a wonderful item and puts the finishing touches on your face. Even tho I have a tan, I love the warmth as it makes my skin a little bit darker. I will get to Sephora at the International Mall in Tampa but probably not til after our cruise. Enjoy your purchase. Jill;)

There are so many options, I'm feeling overwhelmed! :)

I have a problem with redness sometimes and am hoping this will cover well.

I am looking at the Sephora $60 set, but I'm concerned that the medium will be too dark. I'm between fair and medium if that makes sense. Do you think I could make the medium work or will it be too dark?

If you go to Sephora they have people in their store that will sit you down and match you up to the foundation you need. Don't worry then you can get the kit that is right for you. For instance if you are medium your kit will come with medium foundation and medium beige foundation. There is also fair and whatever else. The kits have different foundation colors in them and when you get two foundations you can mix but the sales people know how to match you up properly to the proper kit. Additionally, when you do get the kit and find after awhile you just are not happy take it back and return it for a full refund. Make sure you keep the receipt (which I usually keep all of mine anyway in an envelope) and just keep the box tucked away for a few months. Sephora will take it back with no questions and no time limit. I have returned items to them and never had a problem. Basically you have nothing to loose and just the brushes alone run about $20 a piece and you get three so with the foundations (2), warmth and mineral veil you can figure out the savings. Ler me know how you make out. Good luck!

Carol

Beth,

Thanks for the information! I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. There isn't a Sephora in my state, so I have to order online. That is part of the reason I feel so overwhelmed with the products, I know I want to try them, but since I can't actually try them or have someone show me how to use them, I'm confused..:confused:

I've checked around in my town and it isn't sold here..

Thanks for taking the time to answer..

The Cruisin' Sisters....

I have Ulta stores here in the Atlanta area, but I have never been to one! My first and all subsequent purchases of Bare Minerals has been solely through QVC. I am between fair and medium and the color I buy from QVC most often is Fairly Light. I also buy the Light about once a year. Sometimes with a little sun, I'll even wear the medium. But, most often, the medium is too dark without having been in the sun. If you watch the owner of Bare Minerals, Leslie anytime the Bare Minerals is on QVC on November 19th, she does a very good job of explaining what color is right for you. You can always return it if you don't like it. Also, on www.QVC.com, there are several little videos about Bare Minerals that you may find as helpful. I hope this helps you out.:D

Jillybabes-

The colors look fabulous! I loved them. I'm a brunette, so the colors complemented me well. I LOVE the well lit and back lit. I'm 35, but plus size, so the opportunity to highlight and contour with Bare Minerals is GREAT! I still haven't received the goddess package in the mail yet, but I can't wait to check out what suprises are in store there. Again, thanks for the heads up! I am lucky if I wake up to get anything they have as a TSV before it sells out. THANK YOU!!:D Also, thanks for the nice words about the Golden. There have been conflicting reviews about the Golden here on CC so, its hard to say what to believe about it. We will just go onboard with all the excitement of a three year old on Christmas morning! Besides, who can't enjoy being on a big boat, with room stewards, waiters, and a balcony cabin? Anywhere that includes those things, is better than being here, at work, with housework, etc.... THANKS!

Christina: Glad that you are enjoying your purchase. I ordered the tan and absolutely adore it...I have a tan so it makes my complextion even darker;) ...

Our first Princess cruise was the Golden and we were upgraded from a balcony to a mini suite. The second time we were on her we had an oceanview and loved it as well. We were at the back of the ship right outside the aft pool, and only 1 flight from the Horizon Buffet. We left from Ft. Lauderdale Eastern Caribbean,again have a wonderful time...Jill:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I use Bare Minerals. I got my first samples from a girl on eBay. Her store is called "I Heard It From A Little Birdy" Her username is robyn2303. She really is great with helping you pick a color. Plus she does custom sample kits with colors you pick to help you decide what you really like before buying a whole kit or jar of a color you hate or that doesn't match your skin. I love the minerals. I have 3 colors that I go through between summer and winter as I tan and then lose the tan. Try Robyn. She's great help.:)

Archived