Carnival glory cabin 2473 help!!

kateyrose14

eek::eek::eek:I am wondering if anyone can help with information on cabin 2473 on the Carnival Glory. I am due to sail in this room in October. I have heard that there can be noise from the engine, thrusters, etc. I do not mind noise when pulling into port but I am concerned it will be all the time. Does anyone have any information on the noise level in this room? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by kateyrose14

eek::eek::eek:I am wondering if anyone can help with information on cabin 2473 on the Carnival Glory. I am due to sail in this room in October. I have heard that there can be noise from the engine, thrusters, etc. I do not mind noise when pulling into port but I am concerned it will be all the time. Does anyone have any information on the noise level in this room? Any help is greatly appreciated.

We had that exact room on the Conquest (Glory is a Conquest class ship). Yes, there will be a lot of vibration during sail-away and when docking... a LOT! But generally speaking, while underway, there won't be quite as much noise or vibration, but still some. We honestly didn't mind it, and got accustomed to it very quickly.

It's a VERY large room, with two full windows, and that helped us get over the noise and vibration. :)

:)

We had the same cabin on Glory but opposite side (2470). Loved it! Much larger cabin with the two windows. Yes we had noise and vibration in and out of ports. Also, very early one morning, I was awakened by staff using the stairs near the cabin (lots of talking and laughing). However, worth it for the space in my opinion. Enjoy!

Ugh, I stayed in 2473 on the Glory. The room vibrated a lot. In and out of port was really bad. To me it sounded more like a rattle than a vibration though. There was also a constant rattle at night which drove me insane. It was also very very hot in the room. I'm usually cold most of the time and several nights I woke up sweating. The bed is also very far from the TV so the remote didn't work while I was laying down (maybe it needed new batteries). The shower didn't drain either and they have to fix it twice.

So that was the bad, the good... The room is huge. Two windows like other people have said, plus a sofa and table and chairs. I heard no noise from the dining room above or from the crew either.

So while the room really is huge, I would never ever stay in that room again. I don't think I would even stay in a aft cabin that far back on another ship in fear of it being just as bad :(