Best Eastern Carribbean Review?

I will be going on the Eastern Carribbean for the first time and was wondering if there is an existing picture heavy review for this itinerary. For the first time in 11 years of cruising I wont be visiting Nassau! HA!

It's been a long time since I have frequented the pages here so I am out of the loop on recent reviewers. Can anyone point me to a really good/fun/informative one? Thanks!

Nancy! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing.

Which ports? I've done 2 1-time sailings (11/16/13 San Juan-Miami on Conquest: St Kitts, Dominica, St Martin, Antigua, GT; 11/1/14 San Juan-Miami on Splendor: St Croix, Martinique, Grenada, Dominica, GT).

And I did 8-nights on Freedom on 11/28/14 (DR, Aruba, Curaco, GT) and 8-nights Conquest on 5/31/15 (St Kitts, St Martin, San Juan, GT). And 7 nights on Pride on 5/3/14 but that was just Freeport, HMC and GT.

Of course, I've written reviews. :D

I was joking the other day that Grand Turk is my new Nassau. Past 5 cruises have all called at GT and none at Nassau. Honestly, I'm beginning to think I prefer Nassau. At least there, I can just get off the ship and wander around town.

Good to see you back!

Nancy! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing.

Which ports? I've done 2 1-time sailings (11/16/13 San Juan-Miami on Conquest: St Kitts, Dominica, St Martin, Antigua, GT; 11/1/14 San Juan-Miami on Splendor: St Croix, Martinique, Grenada, Dominica, GT).

And I did 8-nights on Freedom on 11/28/14 (DR, Aruba, Curaco, GT) and 8-nights Conquest on 5/31/15 (St Kitts, St Martin, San Juan, GT). And 7 nights on Pride on 5/3/14 but that was just Freeport, HMC and GT.

Of course, I've written reviews. :D

I was joking the other day that Grand Turk is my new Nassau. Past 5 cruises have all called at GT and none at Nassau. Honestly, I'm beginning to think I prefer Nassau. At least there, I can just get off the ship and wander around town.

Good to see you back!

Thanks! Glad to be back. It has been an interesting year to say the least. I may actually start reviewing again.

I suppose I am mistaken and I am on the Western itinerary. Ugh. It's Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya! DOH!

Well, I can't help you there! Haven't done a Western since, um, May 2008 on Glory. Think we stopped in Belize on Miracle 2009 but I'm sure you want something more recent.

Change your cruise to the 11/1 Liberty. I was going to go on that but am going to Bermuda again and then booked the 11-night Sunshine sailing at the end of November. Whole bunch of the folks that sailed the two San Juan-Miami repos are on the Liberty sailing. They're a Wild & Crazy Bunch. You'd have a great time.

And the southern itineraries are great!

Thanks! Glad to be back. It has been an interesting year to say the least. I may actually start reviewing again.

I suppose I am mistaken and I am on the Western itinerary. Ugh. It's Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya! DOH!

All4fun&fun4all, I'm also glad you are back:) Where ever you cruise Please write a review. We were just on the 7 day Fantasy STYX cruise in June and every time I walked across the Lido deck I thought of you. Please tell all of the Gouldies Pink said hello;) Pink

All4fun&fun4all, I'm also glad you are back:) Where ever you cruise Please write a review. We were just on the 7 day Fantasy STYX cruise in June and every time I walked across the Lido deck I thought of you. Please tell all of the Gouldies Pink said hello;) Pink

There was one that was just finished on the Liberty that is picture heavy and really good. It is done by Trippingpara.

PINK!!!! So good to "see" you. I will certainly tell the ladies you said hello.

Peemagg, thanks so much for your efforts but I believe that one is for Southern Caribbean. I blame myself really for being confusing in the first place. I think I will just repost with the proper itinerary. Carry on! :)

Change your cruise to the 11/1 Liberty. I was going to go on that but am going to Bermuda again and then booked the 11-night Sunshine sailing at the end of November. Whole bunch of the folks that sailed the two San Juan-Miami repos are on the Liberty sailing. They're a Wild & Crazy Bunch. You'd have a great time.

I would love to join you again but I am sailing with a group of people that I sailed with on Halloween in 2013. We will be wearing tu tus again and creating chaos wherever we roam.

We shall cruise together again. I hear we are getting Carnival Ecstacy next year. New ship for me....same class but hey, I am all about new to me stuff.

All4fun&fun4all!!! So happy to see you back. I've been thinking of you and was just hoping you were cruising again, even if not writing reviews & frequenting CC.

We were actually on a Western Caribbean itinerary last year (April 2014) on Carnival Liberty that went to three of the islands you'll be visiting: Cozumel; Belize; and Roatan. We were supposed to have a final stop in Grand Cayman but that was cancelled due to the weather. No complaints - the weather and water conditions would have been terrible anyway. We loved each one but there are SO many options. I did a review (in my signature) but again, that was over a year ago. We have been in Costa Maya before, in 2006 before the hurricane in 2007 destroyed it. The cruise center has been built back up and it's a nice set up with a lot of shops and a pool. Pretty sure that pool there even has a swim-up bar. We did the Uvero Beach Break when we were there (price included unlimited drinks, alcohol and non-alcohol) but I don't know if that one is still an option or not. Nice beach but if back we'd probably try something else. Some nice beaches just a couple of miles to the south of the cruise center where the restaurants will let you use loungers if you purchase from them.

There is a recent Carnival Pride review by Mitsugirly that I'll attach the link to. Totally different itinerary but in her signature she has listed each port of call they've been to and all of the ports you'll be visiting are included. They have done different things. She has links to each section for easy access. Here's the link to her review and reviews of each ports of call/links are in her signature. She normally cruises NCL but has done a couple on Carnival now. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199226&highlight=pride

Hope this helps and so glad to see you back on CC. :)

All4fun&fun4all!!! So happy to see you back. I've been thinking of you and was just hoping you were cruising again, even if not writing reviews & frequenting CC.

We were actually on a Western Caribbean itinerary last year (April 2014) on Carnival Liberty that went to three of the islands you'll be visiting: Cozumel; Belize; and Roatan. We were supposed to have a final stop in Grand Cayman but that was cancelled due to the weather. No complaints - the weather and water conditions would have been terrible anyway. We loved each one but there are SO many options. I did a review (in my signature) but again, that was over a year ago. We have been in Costa Maya before, in 2006 before the hurricane in 2007 destroyed it. The cruise center has been built back up and it's a nice set up with a lot of shops and a pool. Pretty sure that pool there even has a swim-up bar. We did the Uvero Beach Break when we were there (price included unlimited drinks, alcohol and non-alcohol) but I don't know if that one is still an option or not. Nice beach but if back we'd probably try something else. Some nice beaches just a couple of miles to the south of the cruise center where the restaurants will let you use loungers if you purchase from them.

There is a recent Carnival Pride review by Mitsugirly that I'll attach the link to. Totally different itinerary but in her signature she has listed each port of call they've been to and all of the ports you'll be visiting are included. They have done different things. She has links to each section for easy access. Here's the link to her review and reviews of each ports of call/links are in her signature. She normally cruises NCL but has done a couple on Carnival now. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199226&highlight=pride

Hope this helps and so glad to see you back on CC. :)

Thanks for all the info! And it is good to be back. I went on 2 cruises last year. One on Fantasy in May that I was supposed to take with Andrew but of course him passing away in March changed that. I brought my son and we had a ceremony at sea with some of Andrew's ashes. It was beautiful. Dustin is now a total cruise addict like me.

I went again with some friends on Fascination in October. My first balcony experience. I am spoiled now!

I booked 4/30/16 on what was showing as Fantasy's last sailing from Charleston. And then they changed it to Ecstasy. Doesn't really matter to me but I've been wondering if my favorite wait team was still on board. I miss Rafael and Seville.

I'm going to cancel that cruise anyway since I know I'm actually going to take a land vaca next May (and I need the deposit money back). If I get a good Premier cruise offer that I can take in the spring, I may still get a post-tax-season cruise.

DD & SIL are still too poor and too new at their jobs to cruise. They haven't been since their honeymoon (10/27/12 Fantasy).

I mostly sail solo these days but sometimes have a cruise buddy. Was solo on Pride May 2014, had a friend on Splendor 11/1, solo Freedom 11/29, solo Conquest 5/31, bunking in a spa balcony (WOO!) to Bermuda with someone I met on the Pride sailing, and solo again for the Sunshine Journeys.

Let me know if you ever want to book something out of Charleston and need someone to share a cabin. As long as you don't snore. :p

For reviews, have a look at any/all of GAPearl's. She's a great writer and does a lot of interesting things in the ports. Not sure if she has a Western itin or not (she has a current review thread that I haven't had a chance to read yet).

Let me know if you ever want to book something out of Charleston and need someone to share a cabin. As long as you don't snore. :p

For reviews, have a look at any/all of GAPearl's. She's a great writer and does a lot of interesting things in the ports. Not sure if she has a Western itin or not (she has a current review thread that I haven't had a chance to read yet).

Unfortunately I DO snore! :p

I am friends with Kim (GAPearl) on Facebook and of course I immediately asked her if she had been. She hasn't as of yet which I found unbelievable! She definitely has the best reviews. :)

• 1 month later...

Nancy I've been trying to get in touch with you guys not easy since I no longer have FB. I'm wanting to go on a Halloween cruise I have fascination held I wanted to see if any of the old group wanted to go? Your the only one I've found so far so if you would spread the word. I really hope we can cruise together soon! Millie