Tendering in Newhaven for Edinburgh with photos

Thank you so much, we looked and looked, and then there was even a suggestion that the tenders came in somewhere near the Forth bridge....

Is there anywhere safe to park a motorhome there? I think the parking that used to be used overnight has gone? Thanks again

In the detailed satellite view, you should be able to see two small parking areas behind the buildings. One will likely be used for tour busses, though. I don’t know if either would accommodate a motor home.

There are a few bus stops near Newhaven, though, if you wanted to park elsewhere and take public transportation to the pier.

Thank you so much, we looked and looked, and then there was even a suggestion that the tenders came in somewhere near the Forth bridge....

Is there anywhere safe to park a motorhome there? I think the parking that used to be used overnight has gone? Thanks again

You won't be allowed to park in the areas around the port as they are used for tour buses, taxis etc, as well as local residents on cruise days. I would suggest if you're parking your motorhome overnight, you would really need to go out to Silverknowes, which isn't too far away and use the Caravan Club site there. Motorhomes and Edinburgh don't really go together.

• 1 year later...

I saw your information on a different link and since you are so knowledgeable about Edinburgh I hope you don't mind answering a few questions. We will be docking in S Queensferry Monday August 10 on the Crystal Symphony. We plan to go to the Military Tatoo that night. Are we better off going into town and touring all day and getting tickets in advance on our own, or touring in the morning and going back to the ship to go with them as an excursion. Is it generally freezing cold there to watch the show at night? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.