Aussie Dollar - 20 year history

http://www.exfin.com/historical-forex-aud

This is an interesting website. http://www.exfin.com/historical-forex-aud

Wife and I have been travelling for the past 20 years (cruising only for the past 8 years)..

We have had MANY overseas travels - all of which we have thoroughly enjoyed - and which we do not in any way regret. Of course, we have spent many tens of thousands of Dollars in that time (hundreds actually) - but we are not ones for material things (we drive a 10 year old Mazda 2 - and we do not insist on balcony cabins :) ))

Looking at these graphs for the major currencies - USD, GBP and Euro - it is readily apparent that we have had a very good run over the past 10 years -- but before that , the previous 10 years were not so good. I do recall when it was VERY expensive to go to the UK or the US - but for the last 10 years , it has been wonderful. It looks as though we have seen the best of it for a while -- but we are now 20 years older and we still have our bucket list :) I think we will keep travelling - maybe we will have to calm down just a little !! :)

Barry

Thanks, Barry. Interesting graphs.

More incentive to stick to AUD based ships? Especially as Princess have just announced an AU drinks package at $59, comparable to RCI's US $67 (in March) Ultimate package.