Which Millennium Alaska Cabin?

PEDK

We are looking a at a May, 2016, Vancouver to Seward Millennium Cruise.

I have two cabin options for about the same price when one factors in OBC.

Option 1: Vista Deck 7 Category 9 Inside or Option 2: Outside Window on Deck 2 or 3 with Category 6 or 7. Both options are mid ship and most of the 8 of us are first or second time cruisers.

Your thoughts?

The balcony price is almost twice the cost, that's why we are looking at insides and outsides only...I trying to decide determine if the Vista deck inside would for any reason be better than a lower deck outside.

The balcony price is almost twice the cost, that's why we are looking at insides and outsides only...I trying to decide determine if the Vista deck inside would for any reason be better than a lower deck outside.

Based on my experience, why not go for the OV6 category (Deck 3)? These are absolutely super oceanview staterooms - super huge windows and great location! I don't know which sailing you are looking at, but on the May 27th sailing there are 13 of these Cat. 6 OV's available, and on the May 12th sailing, there are 8 available.

For the $$, you can't go wrong with any of these cabins. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Absolutely go with the Category 6 rooms on Deck 3. We've been on the Millennium twice to Alaska and had room 3118 both times and would not hesitate to book it again. The window is HUGE and the location is fantastic for getting on and off the ship. You will not be disappointed if you choose one of those rooms!

Ok, thanks so much everyone, I'm looking closely at the Category 6 Ocean Views...any more cabin number recommendations in that category besides 3118? I need 4.

Just to show how popular these are, there are now only 9 available on the May 27th cruise. Still 8 available on the May 12th cruise.

3134, 3136, 3138, and 3140 (all in a row, and adjoining) avail. on 5/12.

3122, 3124, 3126, and 3128 avail. on 5/27.

Edited by gimletgal

Balconies are great! I wouldn't cruise now without one, but back when we were new cruisers we could only afford inside or oceanview cabins. Since you are sailing with a group you most likely will be up on deck somewhere anyway so spend your money on shore excursions and whatever else you like to do. Have a great trip. We're on the Millenium Aug 28.

Thank you all so much, this is my first post and your responses have been amazing! We have booked the recommended Category 6 Outside, adjoining cabins, can't wait! Thanks again for the warm and helpful welcome to CC

Thank you all so much, this is my first post and your responses have been amazing! We have booked the recommended Category 6 Outside, adjoining cabins, can't wait! Thanks again for the warm and helpful welcome to CC

Which date to you choose?

• 5 weeks later...

I personally have done 2 cruises to Alaska on Celebrity this will be my third. I have done the balcony and the inside. I am doing the inside again. The price is right it is quiet and you still can go view the sights in the areas of the ship that have windows. Not a problem. That way if your on the wrong side to can move the the other side. I am looking forward to our cruise just a few days away now. So I hope for good weather. Ah hoy:D

I was looking at the Cat 6 Oceanview rooms on the Millenium and wondered if you get a lot of foot traffic. Do people tend to use the aft elevators to get to that hallway that leads to the Grand Foyer?

This would be our first Alaskan cruise and are deciding between oceanview with lots of excursions or balcony and fewer excursions. Traveling without kids this time so we don't think we will be in the room as much. We have become accustomed to balconies so this would be an adjustment. Thanks!

Our first Alaskan, our fourth cruise. We would have not been able to afford an outside room, with our 2 kids joining us (airfare), and didn't miss the window. I was up at dawn daily with the sun, and we were out of the room all day until after the last show at night. So, we didn't miss the window.

If you're active and not staying in your stateroom, go for the inside. Added bonus; it's dark in there for sleeping if you have a late sunset/early sunrise (we had 0520 sunrises and 2230 sunsets in Seward/Hubbard/Skagway).

I was looking at the Cat 6 Oceanview rooms on the Millenium and wondered if you get a lot of foot traffic. Do people tend to use the aft elevators to get to that hallway that leads to the Grand Foyer?

This would be our first Alaskan cruise and are deciding between oceanview with lots of excursions or balcony and fewer excursions. Traveling without kids this time so we don't think we will be in the room as much. We have become accustomed to balconies so this would be an adjustment. Thanks!

We were in 3112 on Millenium and never saw any foot traffic. In fact, we never even walked down that corridor to/from the aft elevators ourselves. We liked the cabin so much we've booked it on Constellation next year

Edited by suekay

We were just on the Summit. Our cabins were on deck 11 aft. I do remember going down the aft elevators to deck 3 and using the hallway 3 tree times in seven days.

Since you have a group, one option that might be worth exploring is one couple getting a C1 aft cabin ( M class only). These have huge verandas that the whole group could share. They are partially covered and offer spectacular views of the wake. There are 4 of these cabins listed for your cruise and with the available perks can be highly additive. The only cabins with better verandas are the FV's or a Penthouse Suite.