Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

I noticed my solo Dec 2016 Koningsdam had increased $600 but that sailing is not part of the upcoming Explore 4 promotion. I just checked my 2/21/16 Nieuw Amsterdam (cruising with my husband, another couple in the stateroom next door) since that one IS included, and the price is up $300/person ($600/couple). It's a 7-night cruise, so basically 6 days to drink...I don't think either of us can drink $50/day for 7 days, especially since we have a cabana in the Cabana Club and will have champagne up there each afternoon.

Of course, by Monday the price might be higher than $300 more per person, in which case it's not even worth doing the math "just in case"! It would make more sense to ballpark the drink budget and buy that much onboard credit if the goal is to not have a bill at the end of the cruise.

Sue/WDW1972

Lisa, I want to reconfirm that the promotion does not exclude those already booked. Our cruise went up $100 pp and the date/cruise is eligible for Explore 4. Will we probably not have to re-book with a new confirmation number? If we do have to re-book will we lose our "Thank You/Welcome Back" OBC?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Actually you most likely will have to rebook, definitely will have to pay the higher price and if they do a new reservation number (rebooking) you most likely will lose your Welcome back ZPM promotion.

Actually you most likely will have to rebook, definitely will have to pay the higher price and if they do a new reservation number (rebooking) you most likely will lose your Welcome back ZPM promotion.

Thanks for the information. Have to think about this but since we get $300 it will be the same as the $200 new fare plus the $100 Welcome Back. This will leave us the SPB and speciality restaurants. Still a good deal I would think.

Edited by qsuzi

Thanks for the information. Have to think about this but since we get $300 it will be the same as the $200 new fare plus the $100 Welcome Back. This will leave us the SPB and speciality restaurants. Still a good deal I would think.

I agree, for those booking Suites it definitely makes up for most of the price increases.

I called HAL. First she told me that my cruise was not listed for the Explore4 but then she looked further and told me to add the Explore4 the cruise would have to be repriced and it would be $600 more for the two of us.

What a joke!! How is the Explore4 ever a good deal? The people who have the Explore4 has paid too much for their cruise.

We passed.

I called HAL. First she told me that my cruise was not listed for the Explore4 but then she looked further and told me to add the Explore4 the cruise would have to be repriced and it would be $600 more for the two of us.

What a joke!! How is the Explore4 ever a good deal? The people who have the Explore4 has paid too much for their cruise.

We passed.

Most of the time, you're correct. However, one could try to transfer their booking to another TA and, if they have a group booking/discount, you might be able to get their reduced pricing AND the E4. I did that once a couple of years ago to get the E4 benefits. It did bite me in the butt, in the end, because the new booking was in USD and the CAD dropped before final payment. But it may work for you.

We passed.

It wouldn't be for me but I only drink after dinner. If you drank all day I guess you could ring up that much on a cruise.

I'm pleased to say that I added E4 to my June 2016 Med sailing on the Oosterdam this morning with no price adjustment! I suspect that may be partially due to the fact that there are several Greek port stops and people are a bit leery due to the situation in Greece right now. Given the fact that this is a 12-day cruise, beverage packages and a specialty restaurant dinner were lovely additions at no extra cost.

Great way to start a Monday morning! Good luck everyone. :D

I'm pleased to say that I added E4 to my June 2016 Med sailing on the Oosterdam this morning with no price adjustment! I suspect that may be partially due to the fact that there are several Greek port stops and people are a bit leery due to the situation in Greece right now. Given the fact that this is a 12-day cruise, beverage packages and a specialty restaurant dinner were lovely additions at no extra cost.

Great way to start a Monday morning! Good luck everyone. :D

Did you use a ta or pcc?

We're a little bummed that the only November 2016 and beyond Caribbean cruises on the HAL site are those on the Koningsdam. I'm sitting here with some future cruise credits, completely ready to pay the brochure rate for the Eurodam - especially if the Explore 4 is included. I'm trying to explain to our travel companions why every other cruise line seems to have itineraries loaded through April 2017.

They just told my TA I can't use my FCD to book a cruise eligible for Explore 4! Tell me they are wrong!:eek: We just called back and got a different person and yes can use a FCD. :)

Edited by qsuzi

We're a little bummed that the only November 2016 and beyond Caribbean cruises on the HAL site are those on the Koningsdam. I'm sitting here with some future cruise credits, completely ready to pay the brochure rate for the Eurodam - especially if the Explore 4 is included. I'm trying to explain to our travel companions why every other cruise line seems to have itineraries loaded through April 2017.

That would just burn my *** Use your imagination :) That has to be so darn frustrating.

Edited by qsuzi

I used a PCC. I didn't have to rebook - it only took about two minutes to do.

A big advantage of a PCC vs a TA it seems. I was booked and had to rebook. Lucky you. Double lucky you no price increase.

They are wrong. No question about it.

Thanks Dave. It's nice to have the reassurance! Would you believe my TA had Explore 4 in their system first thing this morning and unless HAL added it in the last 15 minutes they don't!

Edited by qsuzi

Thanks Dave. It's nice to have the reassurance! Would you believe my TA had Explore 4 in their system first thing this morning and unless HAL added it in the last 15 minutes they don't!

And yet Jaspersmommy's PCC had it. It's just a little after 8am here, we'll be calling our PCC soon.

I guess that sometimes it does pay to book early. We booked Eurodam in April for a b2b commencing 1/31/2016. Booked thru a TA one of the SY cabins for $2855/pp plus port charges. Additionally we got the $800 "shore excursion" OBC which is no longer offered.

Current offering by HAL for an SY (to be assigned) is $3400/pp.

There may be a better price later, especially after final payment due date, but we really like the Signature Suites and I like to choose cabin location. No regrets here.

And yet Jaspersmommy's PCC had it. It's just a little after 8am here, we'll be calling our PCC soon.

Please let me clarify. At the time I booked it was available if you called into HAL but not reflected in the header page showing Specials and not on the cover page of my Alaska cruise itinerary date (8/20/16). It is now showing on page two where you continue after selecting a specific date.

Edited by qsuzi

Just had our June 2016 Fjords & Highlands cruise rebooked to include the Explore4 package. (Originally booked in April.) No change in fare and no change OBC from either HAL or our TA. Only had to give up a 3 bottle wine package. We'll end up with $880 OBC from TA and $600 OBC from HAL. I'll still watch to see if the fare comes down later but it will have to come down a lot for us to change it.

A big advantage of a PCC vs a TA it seems. I was booked and had to rebook. Lucky you. Double lucky you no price increase.

Many will report they had to rebook while others will state they did not, it really all depends on what type of promotions you had on the original booking not if you used a PCC or a TA. Some of the previous promotions and the original reservation cannot be combined so a new reservation number must be generated.