Changes to CWC?

MarkBearSF

I was looking for info on Cunard World Club benefits and have noticed that there is no info to be found on the site whatsoever, aside from a sign-on and review of your cruise portfolio. The few other pages with links to CWC and benefits now all just go to that sign-up/sign-on page.

Seems to indicate that they're about to change it. Anyone know more?

Edited by MarkBearSF

I was looking for info on Cunard World Club benefits and have noticed that there is no info to be found on the site whatsoever, aside from a sign-on and review of your cruise portfolio. The few other pages with links to CWC and benefits now all just go to that sign-up/sign-on page. Seems to indicate that they're about to change it. Anyone know more?
Hi MarkBearSF

Interesting. On the .co.uk site the full information (and benefits of the various levels) is still listed.

I wonder of that may change to show what you are seeing, soon?

Or maybe the .com site may go back to showing all the information?

Watch that space! ;)

Edited by pepperrn

I can't even log in on the US side (all my bookings are US bookings).

It says my email or password can't be found, even after I have them email me my password.

I'm not able to log in to the World Club site, either.

The Australian site is showing benefits - nothing has changed here. Maybe it is a site glitch?

I think Cunard should change the boring Silver/Gold etc levels and rename them after something Cunard-ish.

Perhaps base it on the cabin grades?

For example:

Britannia Level = Silver

Britannia Plus = Gold

Princess Level = Platinum

Queens Level = Diamond

They could even have special extras for cruisers who go well above the 151 nights of Queens/Diamond.

Perhaps there could be 'Jubilee' markings for milestones above (named Silver/Ruby/Gold etc as it is fitting for this kind of naming).

Why Spoil the 3 Beautiful Ships with more Class Distinction, when "The Classes" that are already there, do not stand out,which enables everyone onboard to have such a wonderful time ?

Edited by Pennbank

• 1 month later...

It appears that these pages are amongst many others that aren't available through normal navigation, but are still live on the site and accessible by Google search, and presumably others. (Until there's news that there were changes, I'd consider this info current but not authoritative)

http://www.cunard.com/already-booked/cunard-world-club/

Hello

I have been Diamond level for many years and really do hope they create a new higher level with additional benefits...

Deck Chair

They seem to call them "World Travellers"

They got their exclusive seating section in the Queens room at the party in July.

David.

The Australian site is showing benefits - nothing has changed here. Maybe it is a site glitch?

I think Cunard should change the boring Silver/Gold etc levels and rename them after something Cunard-ish.

Perhaps base it on the cabin grades?

For example:

Britannia Level = Silver

Britannia Plus = Gold

Princess Level = Platinum

Queens Level = Diamond

They could even have special extras for cruisers who go well above the 151 nights of Queens/Diamond.

Perhaps there could be 'Jubilee' markings for milestones above (named Silver/Ruby/Gold etc as it is fitting for this kind of naming).

I think it would be wrong to award benefits on which class you travel, that would certainly be class distinction. I also think it is far to easy to qualify to be a Diamond Member, you only need to do 15 T/A 7days each. They should make a new grade for people who have done over 500 days, an yes I have done WELL OVER 500 days. Seabourne gave you a free voyage once you accumulated 140days, but I do not know if this is still the case now that Carnival own them.;)

I think it would be wrong to award benefits on which class you travel, that would certainly be class distinction. I also think it is far to easy to qualify to be a Diamond Member, you only need to do 15 T/A 7days each. They should make a new grade for people who have done over 500 days, an yes I have done WELL OVER 500 days. Seabourne gave you a free voyage once you accumulated 140days, but I do not know if this is still the case now that Carnival own them.;)

I wasn't suggesting CWC be based on cabin grade, rather that Cunard rename the tiers after the cabin grades. But given that this caused confusion here, perhaps it is best left as is.

I wonder if Cunard will go the way of some airlines and use a multiplier factor based on cruise class to calculate days at sea sailed towards determining World Club status. For example, Queens Grill would get 150% of days sailed, Princess Grill 125%, Britannia Club 110%, Britannia balcony 100%, etc. This type of system is now used by a lot of airlines in awarding mileage in their frequent flyer programs.

Would you be in favour of this or not?

Be care full for what u wish for.

Why Change something that works !

Its only those that want something for nothing that wants change

Why?

Perhaps lose Diamond status unless you travel so many times a year !

Thats what P & O did, Lost their top tier when they changed their loyalty programme, unless you travelled so many times during the year! !

Edited by Pennbank