Conquest @ Port Everglades

Bases5

Port Everglades is in Fort Lauderdale. Yes that is where Conquest sails from now. Sorry, I have not noticed though if at a different pier. I have been watching the Miami webcam lately since that is where my next cruise is from:D

Interesting! I have Conquest in mind for 2016, and love sailing out of PE. I wish Carnival had two ships out of Port Everglades. Miami is good, but I like Fort Lauderdale better.

I just looked at PE webcam....I have never seen Carnival dock there before. I wonder why the change? Usually a Hal ship there.

Edited by SMSACE6

Interesting! I have Conquest in mind for 2016, and love sailing out of PE. I wish Carnival had two ships out of Port Everglades. Miami is good, but I like Fort Lauderdale better.

I just looked at PE webcam....I have never seen Carnival dock there before. I wonder why the change? Usually a Hal ship there.

When I checked this morning, another ship was in Allure's spot.

Yes and it has switch docking locations the last several weeks I was wondering if this was going to be its new home docking

They do move docking stations on occasion. Awhile ago Dream left from one dock at Port Canaveral and came back to another one. Was a pain to the people who parked at the pier.

I do not know why the switch was made from Pier 19 to Pier 26 for Carnival Conquest. I do know that both the Terminals at Piers 19, 21, and 26 were modernized/improved with Carnival Corporation money. (The Port Authority for Port Everglades probably also contributed a few dollars as well.)

Pier 26 is the prime HAL terminal: all of the Grand Voyages sail from there. When the cruise High Season returns this Fall, I would expect Carnival Conquest will again dock at either 19 or 21 with 26 being used by whatever HAL vessel is in port that day.

If I was the Master of Carnival Conquest, I would be pleased to be able to use 26. One does not have to be concerned about whatever vessel is docked at 18 or 21 when one is ready to depart. At 26, when my ship was ready to sail, push away from the dock and off we go with no concerns of any other large vessels near me.

They do move docking stations on occasion. Awhile ago Dream left from one dock at Port Canaveral and came back to another one. Was a pain to the people who parked at the pier.

And the Port did not supply shuttles to help guests get to where their cars were?

At Port Everglades, it is my understanding that if you sailed from, let's say Pier 2 and returned to Pier 21, shuttles would be provided to get one to where the car is parked.