How to I purchase Unlimited Laundry Package?

Juliamay

Three years ago my husband and I purchased the laundry package to use on the Nieuw Amsterdam while on the Mediteranean Tapestry cruise.

I do not recall how we purchased this program. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Julia in Woodinville, WA

Here is the laundry form with associated piece prices:

HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.jpg?i=1775597462

Prices are $7/day on US cruises if you purchase for the entire cruise. European costs may be higher. Single bag cost on our May cruise was $20/bag.

If you want to pay for it in advance just call Ships Services at 1-800-541-1576 and they will bill it to any CC you want, send you an email confirmation and have a card awaiting you in your stateroom too. And no, since they will probably ask, you do not need to also purchase the "pressing package" as your items will be returned to you pressed anyway. I'm guessing that no one has ever told the good people that handle the laundry that HAL also sells a separate "pressing package". ;)

What is the cost? I'm just starting to pack for my upcoming cruise. This info may help me decide that I don't need laundry pods, etc. Thanks.

You didn't mention which ship you are on, but not all ships have the self service laundry rooms.

The cost of the unlimited laundry varies by length of itinerary and is more expensive in Europe.

Thanks for the great information. Yes, everything came back pressed without paying extra.

I think I will call Ship Services (thanks for the number) and get it sorted ahead of time. By the time we board, we will have already been traveling a few days.

I wish I could live on a HAL ship year-round!

Julia

On our latest 14 day Ak trip we pre-ordered the $98 unlimited laundry. We weren't sure what box to check on the form and checked unlimited laundry. We got ship bills for the $98 and it took three trips to the front desk to get corrected.

When we do it again we would order it from the front desk the first day. That would also help us get rid of some more OBC that would likely have expired.

We love the unlimited laundry because it saves packing so much stuff, the clothes came back nice, and next time you wear them at home the tag reminds you of the cruise. We sent 1-2 bags most days.

Sightcrr

On our latest 14 day Ak trip we pre-ordered the $98 unlimited laundry. We weren't sure what box to check on the form and checked unlimited laundry. We got ship bills for the $98 and it took three trips to the front desk to get corrected.

When we do it again we would order it from the front desk the first day. That would also help us get rid of some more OBC that would likely have expired.

We love the unlimited laundry because it saves packing so much stuff, the clothes came back nice, and next time you wear them at home the tag reminds you of the cruise. We sent 1-2 bags most days.

Sightcrr

So, anything you pre-order triggers an immediate credit card charge? It seems like the unlimited cost is figured at $7 a day. What about the longer cruises? Has anyone had experience with 20 - 100 day cruises?

What about the longer cruises? Has anyone had experience with 20 - 100 day cruises?

I don't know about the Grand and World cruises, but the longer cruises I've been on (up to 35 days) have the same $7 times number of days in the cruise rate as shorter cruises do. Europe is slightly higher.

Keep in simple. Just put your clothes in the provided laundry bag when you get on the ship. Check unlimited laundry on the slip. You can also check if you want on hangers or folded. Give to cabin steward when you meet him or leave on bed first night. No need to go to front office or call ahead. I lay my clothes out and take a picture before I send out. They are human and can make a mistake. Never had that happen but I feel better with a picture. Have a great cruise.

The price for Unlimited Laundry is $7 a day. If you start Unlimited Laundry a couple days into the cruise, are you charged for the days, at the beginning of the cruise, when you were not using it?

The price for Unlimited Laundry is $7 a day. If you start Unlimited Laundry a couple days into the cruise, are you charged for the days, at the beginning of the cruise, when you were not using it?

You are charged for every single day of the itinerary, whether you use it or not, if you choose the unlimited option. For a 21 day cruise, the unlimited laundry costs $147, 7 day cruise costs $49. It is not a per day charge but it works out to be $7/day (in North America/Caribbean). You also cannot send out laundry for the last couple of days due to them having to get it back to you before you need to pack.

You should really try to figure out how much you'll use the laundry to see if it's worthwhile for you to purchase. There is the by-the-bag option which, for some, is more economical. We purchased the unlimited once when it would have been less expensive to use the bag option.

How much is the price 'by the bag?'

Anyone know how much more it is in Europe?

Thanks

I believe it's $20 by the bag in North America. In Europe, I think I've read it's as much as $30 by the bag.

The unlimited laundry is equivalent to $7/day x the length of the itinerary. In Europe, I believe it's $9. If I'm wrong about the European rates, someone will be along to correct me. It's been a couple of years since I was on a European cruise.

Your CC is charged as soon as you order it just like shore excursions ordered via phone prior to cruise.

fyi four & five star members get free laundry so a long cruise not sure how that works if you earn your star on the trip.

sightcrr

Your CC is charged as soon as you order it just like shore excursions ordered via phone prior to cruise.

fyi four & five star members get free laundry so a long cruise not sure how that works if you earn your star on the trip.

sightcrr

I think the four stars have to be acquired before you go on the cruise. Maybe on a b2b it may be different.

I read on another thread, recently, that they washed everything in hot if you choose "by the bag". Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Just about everything of mine needs to be washed in cold and dried on low, and I really don't need to have my clothing ruined and/or shrunk so it won't fit me anymore.