Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

srice

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Class: Grand

Deck: 14 Riviera

Cabin Number: R305

Category: BC

Connects With Cabin: N/A

Accessible: No

Quiet: Yes (except for neighbor one night). Cabins above and below.

Balcony Size: Normal, approx 86" wide x 52" deep

View: Normal

Privacy Issues: No issues. Although Bridge can 1/2 the balcony from the wing.

Wind: None

Soot: None

Problems: No shelf in mini-fridge. Bad sliding door handle design - hard to open from inside. The handle turns down to lock, and up to unlock. However, when in the up position, it is hard to pull door sideways since the handle wants to rotate down to the middle/sideways position. They need a fixed handle on the inside, like they have on the outside.

Comments: Had Barrel Chair on July, 2019 cruise. Closest elevator bank to the main theater, so it can be a wait to get back to the cabin when a main show lets out (theater on Deck 7, cabin on Deck 14. Did not feel like walking up 6 flights of stairs. Very convenient access to the Spa (2 flights up), and to the Lido Deck (pools, and buffet). However, the Buffet is aft, so it is a hike. Wall between the bed and closet is NOT metal, so magnetic hooks will not work on that wall. Looks like the panel between adjoining balconies can be opened. However, it looks like it has not been open in a while. Probably only regularly used on cabins that have connecting internal doors - if you open the internal door, you may also want the balcony panel open. The panel looks like it only opens 1/4 turn (half way), and not flush to the wall (post is in the middle of the balcony, and lock is against ship hull). Thus, an open door takes up a little space on the balcony. It is possible to lay both chairs almost flat, and take a nap on the two. Not comfortable enough to sleep for an extended period of time. Ship is wider on decks 10&11(??) so you can see those balconies when you look down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2015 at 7:36 PM, srice said:
  • Ship    Regal Princess

Class   Royal

Deck      Baja

Stateroom # B510

Category  MB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern   Starboard

Connects With Cabin #    No

Accessible     No

Quiet    Yes

Balcony Size    Small

View       Not obstructed

Privacy Issues     None

Wind      Little

Soot      None

Problems   None

Comments  We had  this cabin for 26 days and it was great.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ship Crown Princess

Class  Grand

Deck Dolphin

Stateroom # D417

Category M1

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible  Right next to mid-ship elevators.  

Quiet Minor noise due to elevators dinging.  It was never disruptive, but was noticeable if you listen for it.  Thin walls also means that sound from neighboring cabins could occasionally be heard (things like coughing).  

Balcony Size Large.  I don't know if the size is standard on the Crown, but it was one of the bigger balconies I've ever had.

View  Unobstructed.  

Privacy Issues  The balcony is not at all private.  The balcony sticks out relative to the decks above, meaning when we were sitting on the balcony, we could be viewed by around 100 other cabins. 

Wind

Soot

Problems 

Comments  A very large cabin with plenty of storage and space.  The room was fully functional without real issue, but was also a bit dated with lots of marks, carpet needing to be stretched, stained tiles/grout, etc (as of August '19).  Bed was amazingly comfortable.

On 7/12/2015 at 7:30 PM, srice said:

On Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and NCL forums Cruise Critic members have been posting reviews of cabins on ships. It is time now for Princess cruisers to share cabin information with others.

One problem I have noticed on the other forums is the lack of a way to easily manipulate the data collected from the reviews. On the Royal Caribbean thread someone started an accessible spreadsheet that compiles the data from the reviews. I used that paradigm as a starting point for this project.

This thread provides a means for cruisers to provide reviews of cabins on Princess ships and a link to a means to easily sift through information contained in those reviews. I hope it is successful enough for the moderators to make it a “Sticky”.

The first step in the process is for Cruise Critic members to post reviews of cabins. In Posting #2 I will provide a template that can easily be used to prompt for the information to be provided. The topic of that posting will be PRINCESS CABIN REVIEW TEMPLATE (07/12/2015). It is conceivable that after some usage we may want to change the template so a new template will have a similar title with a revised date. A person wanting to use the latest template can check the spreadsheet to see what and where the latest version can be found.

The initial template will look like this:

Ship

Class

Deck

Cabin #

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible

Quiet

Balcony Size

View

Privacy Issues

Wind

Soot

Problems

Comments

Persons posting reviews are encouraged to add pictures to reviews.

Here is some guidance to explain how some of these template items should be interpreted. Some fields require secific answers and those answers are indicated in parenthesis

Ship, Class, Deck, Stateroom, and Category – Without the name of the ship and the stateroom the remaining information collected will be useless. If you aren't sure about the deck or category the person transcribing the data to the spreadsheet will look it up.

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern – (Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern) This information can be looked up by the transcriber if missing. The purpose is to determine where on the ship the cabin is located. A bow cabin faces the front and a stern cabin faces the rear of the ship.

Connects With Cabin # – Enter the cabin number this cabin connects with, if applicable. If it doesn't connect enter “na”.

Accessible – (Yes or No) Is this cabin a handicapped accessible cabin? You may make additional comments if you wish.

Quiet – (Yes or No) This is the first subjective response. If the cabin isn't quiet then the answer is “No” and tell why it isn't quiet. If the cabin is quiet all day but has noise from meal service one deck up from 2 AM to 6 AM it is not quiet. Please explain “No” answers.

Balcony Size – (None/Oversized/Undersized/Normal) If the cabin has no balcony please enter “None”. Balcony size is subjective and relative to different ships. If a balcony does not have room for 2 people to sit on it in chairs facing the ocean without being cramped for leg room, it should be considered “Normal”. Most of the balcony cabins on the newer ships would be considered “Undersized” by this standard but that is how they should be classified if they don't meet the definition mentioned above.

View – (Normal, None, Obstructed) If the cabin is not a balcony and doesn't otherwise have a view outside is should be classified as “None”.

Privacy Issues – If the cabin's balcony is not completely covered, if there are privacy issues with SeaWalk, or anything else that compromises privacy, please give a description.

Wind - (Yes or No) If there any unusual wind problem with the cabin the answer is “Yes” and please give an explanation.

Soot - (Yes or No) If there were problems with soot please answer “Yes” and explain if you wish.

Problems – Please describe any problems you had with the cabin and indicate if they were remedied. Keep in mind this is a review of the cabin so if you had a problem relating to your specific sailing it would be best to describe that in a review of your cruise.

Comments – Please feel free to make any comments you think other people interested in the cabin might find interesting.

The responses from the reviews will be copied to a spreadsheet located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing. You will be able to filter the data to view it many different ways.

This is a  terrific tool.  Thank you for doing this.  Neither of the cabins I have booked for next two cruises are listed (not on sister ships either), so I promise to do one for those cabins in December and June!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2015 at 6:36 PM, srice said:

Ship Pacific

Class

Deck  4

Stateroom # 4050

Category  OV

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern   Port

Connects With Cabin #  na

Accessible   No

Quiet  No- it is generally quiet during the night & most of the day.  However, every morning between 6-6:30 they clean deck 

5 above and scrape the deck chairs.  Also, when they use deck 5 to disembark in ports, you will hear some foot traffic 

and noise when they are disassembling the gangway.  

Balcony Size   na

View   no obstructions

Privacy Issues  No

Wind    No

Soot    No

Problems  No

Comments  Very convenient location.  For our British Isle cruise, we didn't miss a balcony because it was too cool & windy 

to sit outside anyway.  Would book again for right itinerary to save money however, we took it as a move over.

Edited by texswamper

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2015 at 3:40 PM, srice said:

This is an excellent question.

The answer is on the "Managing Data" tab in the spreadsheet.

Actually the data on "Managing Data" tab needed some revision so I hopefully have made the necessary changes.

If you want to contact me directly my e-mail address is at the bottom of that page and I will be glad to try to help.

Sorry can't see your email....
We used to live in Ormond Beach too.

I had a question about Emerald Princess cabin B258....does the bunk go up into the ceiling or fold up on the wall?

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Sorry can't see your email....
We used to live in Ormond Beach too.

I had a question about Emerald Princess cabin B258....does the bunk go up into the ceiling or fold up on the wall?

It will be in the ceiling. Be aware, however, that this is a "connecting" room. Some report noise issues with those cabins. Others don't. Just something to be aware of when booking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship Coral

Class

Deck Emerald

Stateroom #E603

Category. OW

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  MIDSHIP

Connects With Cabin # None

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size N/A

View Obstructed 

Privacy Issues None

Wind N/A

Soot N/A

Problems none great cabin

Comments barely obstructed - Cruise I was on tenders weren’t used so may be noise from that

15905366-B2B8-45CD-A353-9FEB44AC757B.jpeg

7B7B33D9-95AE-4810-ADE9-999A16BBC25B.jpeg

36D82FFC-2FBD-47D6-944F-A7C898C1E92C.jpeg

345FAC2B-38ED-4C89-9825-3A0B303DF21E.jpeg

485DE994-4291-4445-9E00-BE4AF9B86E20.jpeg

6198C31C-A054-44FC-8057-A5AE891DEDE7.jpeg

On 7/12/2015 at 4:30 PM, srice said:

Ship : Coral Princess

Class: Panamax

Deck: Baja

Cabin #: B731

Category: Ocean View

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Aft-Facing

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Quiet: Yes (See below)

Balcony Size: None/HUGE (See below)

View: Unusual  (See Below)

Privacy Issues: Keep blackout curtains closed after dark

Wind: N/A

Soot: N/A

Problems: Rare Occasional Noise (See below)

Comments: Aft-facing Ocean View. The window looks out onto the Baja deck aft viewing deck. The deck extends the width of the ship. There are maybe 10 loungers on the viewing deck but they are rarely utilized. It's almost like having a gigantic balcony and is only maybe 8 - 10 steps away from the cabin door. Unlike the viewing deck directly below this one is very wide (fore to aft). I tried to see into the cabin from the deck and even pressed my face to the window. During the day I couldn't see into the cabin at all. At night, of course, it's a different story so we closed the blackout drapes at night. EXCEPTION was when there was a huge lightning storm and nobody was on the viewing deck. At that time we had an excellent view of the amazing lightning from the comfort of our cabin. The ONLY noise we ever heard in this cabin was the occasional time some thoughtless person let the door to the viewing deck slam behind them. Most never did that and those who did usually didn't do it again. The cabin is quite near to a laundry room which is very convenient. We had this cabin during a 17 day full transit of the Panama Canal and liked it enough that we booked it again for a 19 day partial transit. Both times we had this cabin we enjoyed watching dolphins play in the wake in the evening. If we sail Coral Princess in the future we will definitely try to get this cabin again.

Aft Viewing Deck. The window just next to the door is our cabin.

image.jpeg.e7d8380c2dfe7184e2fd053da6816c79.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
Add photo
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ship        Crown Princess

Class     

Deck       Dolphin 9

Stateroom #   D709

Category      Mini Suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern    Starboard Stern

Connects With Cabin #       No

Accessible         No

Quiet    No

Balcony Size    Good

View                   Good

Privacy Issues  No

Wind     No

Soot     No

Problems     None except Noise

Comments   Each night at  approximately 2PM it sounded like a Flood was being diverted through pipes below  us.   It woke me up each night.  It was loud.  Choose another deck or cabin further forward

On 11/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, TERESAh said:

I’m trying to find a review of a cabin I just booked on the Grand where do I go for that?

Ask on the main board of Princess. It was requested not to post questions on this board, sorry.

Theo

Ship:        ROYAL Princess

Class     BD Balcony

Deck       Aloha

Stateroom #   A727

Category      BD Balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern    Starboard

Connects With Cabin #       No

Accessible         No

Quiet    NO

Balcony Size    Good

View                   Good

Privacy Issues  No

Wind     No

Soot     No

Problems     Noise

Comments  NOISE and THUMPING every night! Difficult to sleep! I do NOT recommend this cabin.

Edited by chaching

•  

Ship: Emerald Princess

Class: Grand

Deck: Plaza (5)

Stateroom #: P328

Category: Ocean View

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Port

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Quiet: NO - Definitely NOT quiet. See comments below

Balcony Size: N/A

View: Unobstructed

Privacy Issues: N/A

Wind: N/A

Soot: N/A

Problems: Weird layout. Noise. See below.

Comments:

Layout of cabin: This is a very "odd" cabin. It is narrower than most. It is likely supposed to be in a two bed configuration. We had it as a single bed which made the room pretty odd. On one side of the bed there was an extremely narrow pathway and no bedside table/lamp. On the other side of the bed was a "double table" that is obviously meant to go between the beds when in a two bed configuration. It is wider than a "normal" bedside table and has two lamps mounted on the top. As the room is two narrow for it to fit properly when not in between the beds it was turned sideways. That meant that the drawers were right against the bed and not available for use. We really missed having drawers in the cabin.

Noise: There were two noise issues with this cabin. It seems that, when in port and taking on supplies, they are loaded directly above the cabin. LOTS of loud banging and thumping. I mean really LOUD banging and thumping. This went on the entire day we embarked and again to a much lesser extent in one port. The other noise issue with this cabin is that the ship stabilizers are directly below the cabin. These are large "fins" that are extended out into the water to help limit the rocking motion when in rough water. They sound from these is crazy loud. It sounds like the ship is being torn apart. It is REALLY LOUD and can go on for quite a while depending on the water conditions.

Location: The cabin is in a very convenient location as it is a short walk to the piazza, Vines, IC, etc. The cabin is in a hallway behind the photo gallery.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the template to use for a cabin review. Please review the definitions in Posting 1.

The data will be transcribed to a spreadsheet located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing,

One method of using using this template is to

• click on “Quote” at the bottom right of this page
  • at the beginning of the text highlight and delete “
  • at the end of the text highlight and delete “”
  • move the cursor to each question and enter your reply
  • click “Preview Post” and check your work
  • click “Submit Reply” when you are satisfied with your responses.

Thank you for your help.

Ship

Class

Deck

Stateroom # R432

Category Mini Suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  Mid-ship

Connects With Cabin #R428

Accessible No 

Quiet Very

Balcony Size Angled, so slightly larger

View The sea, the sea, the beautiful sea

Privacy Issues None

Wind  Only on very windy days, otherwise quite calm

Soot None

Problems  None

Comments This was a lovely cabin under the Sea Bar, but at the very end, so only partially visible from Sea Bar.  I sat out most evening and never saw anyone walk over the glass viewing area. Would definitely book again.  This is a Club Class cabin.

Ship: Sky Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Lido (16)

Cabin #: L101

Category: Obstructed Deluxe Balcony (DW)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Bow

Connects With Cabin #: None

Quiet: Extremely Quiet

Balcony Size: Oversized

View:  Normal, except metal, not glass railing

Privacy Issues: None

Wind: No, but see below

Soot: No 

Problems: Cabin Door sometimes did not close tight, unless given an extra push - surprising on a new ship, but we were only on the Dec 1st 3-day mini-cruise and forgot to mention. 

Comments: LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this cabin.  The interior was the normal deluxe balcony with the loveseat, which was quite comfortable, but the balcony is fabulous! It was not only extra deep, but it also was a couple feet wider because there is a fire locker between cabins L101 and L102 (which also has the wider balcony).  It is considered obstructed view because the railing is metal, instead of glass, and there are a few wires and skinny antennas sticking up from the bridge deck 2 levels down, but when you stand at the railing you have an expansive view. I paid less for this room than a standard balcony!  It had 2 deck chairs and a table, but I was disappointed that there were no foot rests. (This balcony easily could have accommodated 4 deck chairs.) Note: if you are short, you may have difficulty seeing over the railing when seated. The balcony is partially covered.  We had a short, slow cruise to the Bahamas, so we didn't notice any issues with wind, but if the ship was speeding along, I think wind could become a little bit of an issue.  Did not have any issues with ship movement, and the only noise we heard was the muffled sound the anchor being dropped/raised. 

Unlike previous concerns regarding forward balcony cabins on other Princess ships, there were NO restrictions on using the balcony while sailing. Nor did we have to keep the curtains closed at night to prevent light from interfering with the bridge. In fact, there was a little bit of safety lighting below us from the top of the bridge deck, so it was never pitch black at night. That said, there was some really, really good stargazing from the balcony. 

Loved the location on the Lido deck (16) - easy access to pool, gym, and outdoor spaces as well as buffet, slice pizza, salty dog grill, and swirls ice cream.  The forward elevators were rarely busy like the center elevator banks, and it made it easy to get down to the decks 5, 6, and 7 for theater/shows, MDR, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ship: Sky Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Emerald

Cabin #: E725

Category: Mini-Suite (ME)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Starboard, 2nd from aft

Connects With Cabin #: None

Quiet: No – see comments below

Balcony Size: Standard (which means small)

View:  Normal

Privacy Issues: Yes – see comments below

Wind: No

Soot: No 

Problems: See comments below. I would not recommend this cabin.

Comments:  HATED the location of this cabin. We did a B2B of the two 3-day mini-cruise on the Sky. We had L101 obstructed deluxe balcony on the first 3 days (see separate review), and upgraded to a mini-suite for the next 3 days.

We LOVED the extra space of a mini-suite - couch instead of loveseat, full desk, larger bathroom with bathtub, and would choose this category of cabin again, BUT NOT IN THIS LOCATION for the following reasons:

1.  This starboard cabin is over the SMOKING area of the Promenade deck. Fortunately, the smoking area is rather large, and most smokers stayed more forward (which would be a problem if you in cabins E701 thru E715), but there were a few times when I was out on the balcony and the smoke wafting up was troublesome.  Note: The Port side is non-smoking.

2. All E700s mini-suites cantilever out over the promenade deck, so there is no cover/shade at all, which we didn’t like, but some people might prefer, and anyone above can look right down at you, so no privacy.

3. All E 700s mini-suites are directly above the Vista Lounge, which is where they sometimes have the art auctions and bingo during the day and Jim Hensen’s Inspired Silliness show and live music in the evening and that was fine. But on some nights, starting at 10 or 11 pm, the Vista Lounge has a LATE NIGHT DANCE PARTY with a DJ until 2 AM and the constant throbbing of the beat made it very difficult for me to sleep (I’m a light sleeper). That said, my husband is a heavy sleeper and used ear plugs and he slept OK.

4. Another noise issue is that when pulling into port, I could hear/feel the low rumbling on the engines. As I am a light sleeper, this woke me up around 5 am as we were pulling into Ft Lauderdale. (But I didn’t notice it when we arrived at Princess Cays).

5. Access to other decks was awkward. You cannot get to the Piazza / MDRs (except Cielo for traditional dining) from the aft elevators/stairs. You need to either go to the central elevators or go down one to Deck 7 Promenade and then walk forward and take the central stairs down to Decks 5 and 6. For the upper decks, you can go up to the Lido deck (16), but you have to walk through the buffet to get to the main pools and if you go up to the Sun Deck(17), you have to walk through the fitness center to get to the sun deck / upper hot tub area.  (But it offers easy access to the aft smoking area, if that’s important to you.)

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CABIN.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Princess 

Dolphin 
D301 Mini Suite

mid ship, forward

next to elevator 

Close to stairs yet quiet. We loved the bedding and extra space. 2 flat screen TVs. Balcony was fantastic and we did 2 private balcony dinners! Balcony is not covered, but it didn’t bother us. 

C67DC36E-7B1F-46EB-A116-80881C12821C.jpeg

732745F3-AC43-4372-8BE4-CDBCB48A3ADD.jpeg

7F2CB2DF-ACF7-4B4F-B078-D39E4FA21E8C.jpeg

AD62CDDC-03C7-477B-A978-2137CE428C23.jpeg

08C87B6A-1495-427A-BA27-1293C966F796.jpeg

B03690ED-5C25-4165-A89F-39E3E593453F.jpeg

73259438-DEEB-4A15-89BB-925B7DC5CD36.jpeg

Edited by Phoenix2020
Photos
  • Like 1

Ship  Sky Princess

Class  Royal Class

Deck  Dolphin

Stateroom #  222

Category D4 Deluxe Balcony (includes a small couch/loveseat)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port side Mid-forward

Connects With Cabin # n/a

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size Large and part covered / part uncovered (like Caribe deck balconies on Grand Class)

View Unobstructed

Privacy Issues  Because balcony is part uncovered, that part can be viewed from above

Wind No

Soot No

Problems None

Comments We love the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and have been looking forward to these balcony cabins being added to the Royal Class ships for some time. This cabin was absolutely PERFECT for us for that reason, plus close to stairs and elevators but not close enough to hear noise. Bed and bedding was VERY comfortable. We have booked this same cabin on the Enchanted for next year.

IMG_20191214_125128.jpg

IMG_20191214_125139.jpg

IMG_20191214_125058.jpg

IMG_20191214_125416.jpg

IMG_20191214_130711.jpg

IMG_20191214_132158.jpg

IMG_20191214_132212.jpg

IMG_20191214_125231.jpg

IMG_20191214_125217.jpg

IMG_20191214_125213.jpg

IMG_20191214_125254.jpg

IMG_20191214_125304.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Royal Princess, Royal Class, Lido, 109 (L109), Category BF - video below

Starboard - Forward

Connects With Cabin # – N/A

Accessible – No

Quiet – Yes - with the exception of the last two nights. The seas were not calm and there were times the was a loud, almost boom, when we'd "hit a wave".

Balcony Size – Normal

View – Great

Privacy Issues – None

Wind - none except that last two sea days. It was windy everywhere.

Soot - No

Cabin steward, Mark was fantastic.

Video of Cabin

Video of Balcony

Edited by JennyB1977

Ship Crown Princess

Class

Deck 11

Stateroom # B508

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible

Quiet Not Always - next to crew pantry with ice machine. You could hear the ice drop at all hours of the night

Balcony Size none

View none

Privacy Issues

Wind

Soot

Problems

Comments