Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

srice

Ship - Crown

Class - Grand

Deck - 9

Cabin # - D736

Category - St. Thomas (Vista) suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - completely aft

Connects With Cabin # - not a connecting cabin

Accessible - no

Quiet - yes

Balcony Size - massive with enough room for a table, 4 chairs, and 2 loungers. Note that it does have a support beam toward the left of the balcony but it really wasn't an issue.

View - aft 

Privacy Issues - none

Wind - very little

Soot - none

Problems - The vibration upon docking was absolutely ridiculous. We have sailed in many aft cabins and have never experience this level of vibrating - the entire cabin rattled the whole time we were docking (at one point I got up and separated the classes on our bar setup because they were clinking together so hard I thought one would break!) Also, no shelves by the bathroom sink. 

Comments - this is the second time we've had an aft suite on this ship and due to the vibration both times (the first time wasn't as bad as this time), I will not be booking aft cabins on this class of ship again. For the cost of a suite it's rather frustrating to be rattled awake every morning! (granted, it really made us appreciate sea days even more since we could sleep past 6/6:30 am!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ship  - Regal Princess

Class  - Royal

Deck  - Baja (11)

Cabin # - B525

Category - Mini Suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - Starboard midship

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible

Quiet - Yes

Balcony Size - Smaller than the minis on Grand class ships.

View - view directly below is blocked by the lifeboats along the promenade deck, otherwise unobstructed.

Privacy Issues - We liked the fact that the balcony was covered unlike our previous cruises on Grand class ships where we had a mini on the Dolphin deck which was open and viewable from above.

Wind - some depending on wind direction

Soot - none

Problems - none

Comments - In general we liked the layout of the minis on this ship vs Grand class. Having the desk opposite the sofa opened up the sleeping area somewhat. One drawback is the only outlets are on the desk so it you have a CPAP you may need an extension cord. 

20200201_121611.jpg

20200201_121621.jpg

Ship PACIFIC

Class SMALL

Deck 4

Stateroom #4035

Category IB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern NONE

Connects With Cabin # NO

Accessible YES

Quiet Somewhat, depends on the inconsiderate neighbors who let their door slam and occasional noises from the medical clinic on the opposite side

Balcony Size NONE

View NONE

Privacy Issues NO

Wind NONE

Soot NONE

Problems YES! Not enough cool air circulation

Comments

The lack of cool fresh air is bothersome. If you are asthmatic or have claustrophobic issues you should think about booking another room. Even after adjusting the thermostat to the coolest setting, it still isn’t cool, the ship often automatically cuts the air flow after 1am to economize, assuming passengers are sleeping. You may awake sweating and unable to sleep. Ask for a fan, if you didn’t bring one! The air flow has been addressed several times, however, the engineers don’t know how to fix it, they claim 75F is “acceptable by their standards.”
Edited by lamashermosa

Ship Pacific

Class Small

Deck 3

Stateroom # 3027

Category unknown

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Starboard

Connects With Cabin # None

Accessible No

Quiet No

Balcony Size None

View Small porthole

Privacy Issues No

Wind None

Soot None

Problems Yes

Comments

Deck 3 is only accessible from the Aft elevators. There is diesel fumes just outside the elevator hallway area on this deck. This problem has been addressed at least 5 months ago! Nothing has been done. The guest relations ass’t acted like he didn’t know and says they will address it. The cabin doesn’t have enough cool air circulation. Typical small bathroom/shower facilities.

Ship Pacific

Class Small

Deck 7

Stateroom # 7053

Category IB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern None

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size None

View None

Privacy Issues None

Wind None

Soot None

Problems Yes

Comments

This cabin has wonderful cold air circulation. The problem is the room is VERY small. There may be less than 1 foot on each side of the bed (when the 2 beds are pushed together to make a queen sized bed). The small marble looking table is in the way when trying to use the bathroom at night, you could easily fall. This deck is higher and that means you WILL experience a lot of movement. This inside room should be set aside for guest entertainers, not passengers. If you are cost conscious and think this inside cabin may work for you be aware that the rough seas (most of the time) will be a problem navigating within the small confines of this cabin. Typical SMALL bathroom with angled toilet. Very little closet space.

• 4 weeks later...

Ship: Crown

Class: Grand

DEck: 11

Cabin #: B430

Accessible: No

Connecting: No

Problems: Quiet and near the elevator but the worst mattresses. We were able to get a barrel chair in the room. Room steward started out great but service went downhill. Never vacuumed, late to clean room. Ship showing wear, balcony bannister in need of redo.

• 3 months later...

Looking for cabin reviews on Island Princess.  Since this is a different layout that other Princess ships I want to know more.  We are booked for the 2021 world cruise (Praying it sails) and booked in handicap cabin on Promenade deck.  I would like to know dimensions of balcony.

I have asked for an upgrade to Premium suite in the aft on the same deck ( Promenade Deck.).  Since this will probably be our last cruise due to age and possible health problems that come with age.

Norine

1 hour ago, Quilting Queen said:

Looking for cabin reviews on Island Princess.  Since this is a different layout that other Princess ships I want to know more.  We are booked for the 2021 world cruise (Praying it sails) and booked in handicap cabin on Promenade deck.  I would like to know dimensions of balcony.

I have asked for an upgrade to Premium suite in the aft on the same deck ( Promenade Deck.).  Since this will probably be our last cruise due to age and possible health problems that come with age.

Norine

Please take note of the heading for this thread:

Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

You would be better off posting your request for info in it's own thread as you are more likely to get the right people to view the question.

Note: My wife loves your name. She's a quilter and quite active in her guild as well as small groups. 😎

Edited by Thrak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2015 at 7:36 PM, srice said:

Ship  Sun Princess

Class  Sun-class

Deck  Baja

Stateroom #  B742

Category BD

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern aft port

Connects With Cabin # N/A

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size Normal

View Non-obstructed (see comments)

Privacy Issues No

Wind No

Soot No

Problems No

Comments While this cabin is sold as a normal balcony (not obstructed), the view toward the aft of the ship is partially obstructed by a scaffold that is parked there when not in use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 6:27 PM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Ship  Sky Princess

Class  Royal Class

Deck  Dolphin

Stateroom #  222

Category D4 Deluxe Balcony (includes a small couch/loveseat)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port side Mid-forward

Connects With Cabin # n/a

Accessible No

Quiet Yes

Balcony Size Large and part covered / part uncovered (like Caribe deck balconies on Grand Class)

View Unobstructed

Privacy Issues  Because balcony is part uncovered, that part can be viewed from above

Wind No

Soot No

Problems None

Comments We love the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and have been looking forward to these balcony cabins being added to the Royal Class ships for some time. This cabin was absolutely PERFECT for us for that reason, plus close to stairs and elevators but not close enough to hear noise. Bed and bedding was VERY comfortable. We have booked this same cabin on the Enchanted for next year.

IMG_20191214_125128.jpg

IMG_20191214_125139.jpg

IMG_20191214_125058.jpg

IMG_20191214_125416.jpg

IMG_20191214_130711.jpg

IMG_20191214_132158.jpg

IMG_20191214_132212.jpg

IMG_20191214_125231.jpg

IMG_20191214_125217.jpg

IMG_20191214_125213.jpg

IMG_20191214_125254.jpg

IMG_20191214_125304.jpg

Thank you for the photos and review. We booked this cabin for 2 cruises on the Enchanted 2/6/21 and 11/30/21. Looking forwared to the larger balcony.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 4:46 AM, Scougs said:

Ship: Coral Princess

Class: Sun Class

Deck: 9 (Dolphin)

Cabin #: D626

Category: BD

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Port Aft

Connects With Cabin #: None

Quiet: Yes - despite proximity to stairs and lifts the cabin was very quiet

Balcony Size: Normal - two chairs/loungers and two foot rests, small table. Plenty of space.

View: Normal - unobstructed

Privacy Issues: None - balcony completely covered from above

Wind: OK

Soot: None

Problems: None

Comments: As a first time cruiser, I don't really have anything to compare this to, but I loved this cabin. It was very convenient for the aft stairs and lifts - really easy to pop down two flights of stairs to the Promenade deck for all amenities. I had been worried about seasickness, so spent a long time selecting the cabin, aiming for something as low and central as my budget would allow. There are three normal balcony cabins by the lifts on either side surrounded by mini-suites, and this turned out to be a great choice - I never felt queasy once. There was excellent storage space both for clothes, and for bits and pieces in the bathroom. I would recommend this cabin to anyone - it was extremely comfortable for a single traveller.

Thanks Scouges. We have just booked D625 for 107 night World Cruise 2022 and was worried it may be noisy, last Balcony cabin available. you have put my mind at rest.

• 5 months later...

Ship Majestic princess
Class
Deck Deck 9
Cabin # D227
Category BE
Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Starboard 
Connects With Cabin #n.a
Accessible No
Quiet No Primarily because of our rude neighbors who blasted music at all times of the day. I have to think they didn't know how loud they were but maybe they just didn't care. Obviously the walls were thin.
Balcony Size: Much larger than most in this category. 
View The view was good. No obstructions.
Privacy Issues
Wind: Somewhat windy but that may have been because we had high seas for a fairly large portion of the journey.  This was a New Zealand/Australia cruise and as we crossed "the ditch" swells were up to the dining room. 
Soot: none noted
Problems: none
Comments: It had a very small bathroom but it worked fine.
The pillows were very comfortable but I felt the bed was a little soft. My husband thought the bed was good.
The closet was roomy and there was plenty of room to store suitcases in the closet or under then bed. 

cabin 2276.jpg

cabin227(2).jpg

cabin 2274.jpg

cabin 2275.jpg

cabin227.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ship: Majestic Princess

Class: Royal Class

Deck: Dolphin

Cabin #: D729

Category:  D4 - Premium Deluxe Balcony Stateroom

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern:  Stern

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Quiet: Yes

Balcony Size: Oversized with partial covering (a great feature in rainy Alaska).

View: Beautiful wake views from nearly dead astern.

Privacy Issues: None.

Wind: None (unless the captain is backing up!)

Soot:  Normal for an aft balcony.

Problems:  Couch needs to be repaired.  It is missing a foot and wobbles.

Comments:  Wonderfully quiet room with the views that "aft people" will love.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship Majestic Princess 

Class Royal

Deck Emerald

Stateroom #E425

Category BW

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern ODD SIDE

Connects With Cabin #NA

Accessible NO

Quiet YES

Balcony Size BOWS OUT

View YES

Privacy Issues NO

Wind NO

Soot NO

Problems NO

Comments NO

On 8/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, tarheelz1995 said:

Ship: Majestic Princess

Class: Royal Class

Deck: Dolphin

Cabin #: D729

Category:  D4 - Premium Deluxe Balcony Stateroom

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern:  Stern

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Quiet: Yes

Balcony Size: Oversized with partial covering (a great feature in rainy Alaska).

View: Beautiful wake views from nearly dead astern.

Privacy Issues: None.

Wind: None (unless the captain is backing up!)

Soot:  Normal for an aft balcony.

Problems:  Couch needs to be repaired.  It is missing a foot and wobbles.

Comments:  Wonderfully quiet room with the views that "aft people" will love.

Soot: What is "Normal"?

1 hour ago, Princess Cabin Reviews said:

I'm sure each person has his own definition.  I would consider "Normal" as a little bit of soot every day.

Thank you.  And yes, everyone has their own definition.  That is why I asked for clarification.  This definition of "Normal" differs from mine.  I'm glad I asked.

• 5 weeks later...

Ship - Majestic

Class - Royal

Deck - 8

Cabin # - E726

Category - Mini-suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - port, aft (last port side cabin at the end of the ship)

Connects With Cabin # - not a connecting cabin

Accessible - no

Quiet - yes

Balcony Size - big enough for 2 chairs and a small table. 

View - port side view, a little aft if you leaned out over the railing.

Privacy Issues - Zero coverage from above on the balcony. Wasn't an issue for us as our Alaskan sailing had a lot of rain so we were rarely out there, but on a sunny/warm itinerary, everyone above can look down on you. 

Wind - little

Soot - none

Problems - Toilet would not flush several times! We had a plumber in at least 5 times over the course of the week to fix it, starting from the day we boarded. I think we had one day where the toilet flushed every time it was used. Gave me a bit of a complex about using the bathroom, lol. There was also a fair amount of vibration when the ship was docking. Not as bad as what we've experienced on some other Princess ships, but enough that we were shaken awake on more than one morning. 

Comments - Great location as far as proximity to bars, restaurants, and entertainment areas. We just had to pop down 2 sets of stairs to get a drink from the Crown Grill bar or Princess Live bar (you can also get take away coffee there!), take part in trivia in Princess Live, grab a seat in the Vista Lounge...or use the washroom when ours wasn't working! Lots of closet and shelving storage. Comfortable bed. I always bring my own hair dryer but the one provided (which is hard-wired through the back of the top desk drawer) was surprisingly strong the day I used it to blow dry my sneakers after a particularly rainy day in port. Only one wall mounted hook behind the cabin door so bring some strong magnets if you like to hang things up.