AIBP for australia

martin jenkins

I haven't been on Princess for a few years [100 days to go] but last time they charged per day, counting both the embarkation day and disembarkation day as full days.

Not the way it works.

A three day cruise (actually three nights) will charge for three days, not four.

Soda and more near enough to $8 [Currently showing as $8.05]

Soda near enough to $6 [$5.18] but it depends on where on the site you look

Remember that's per day so a 3 night cruise X4

Soda = $24

and more = $32

You are only billed for three days on a 3 day cruise, not 4 days. You are not charged for disembarkation day.

AS I said it has been a while but last time I sailed Princess they did, if they have changed it that is great.

In fact from the web site

* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

Edited by GUT2407

As I cannot check in to the hotel until 2.00pm local time, I had intended to get the latest disembarkation time I could, and ask friends on another forum for recommendations for a reliable taxi company in Melbourne. As we all know, personal recommendations are more reliable than looking in the phone book, or online.

Even if you can't check into your hotel before 2pm, most hotels will store your luggage for you until your room is ready. So you could drop your luggage off and have a wander around the city, have a coffee or lunch. That's what we tend to do when arriving in cities at odd times.

There should be plenty of taxis at the cruise terminal. Melbourne taxis are all fairly good.

AS I said it has been a while but last time I sailed Princess they did, if they have changed it that is great.

In fact from the web site

* Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

Disembarkation day isn't counted as a day.

It can be confusing though, especially when they state the cruise length in days, not nights.

Our upcoming Dawn cruise is 17 days however the itinerary numbers the days and shows 18 days:

1 Fremantle, Australia

2 Geraldton, Australia

3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Lombok, Indonesia

6 At Sea

7 Broome, Australia

8 Kimberley Coast, Australia (Scenic Cruising)

9 At Sea

10 Darwin, Australia

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 Port Douglas, Australia

14 At Sea

15 At Sea

16 Brisbane, Australia

17 At Sea

18 Sydney, Australia

I expect to pay for 17 days with the drinks package.

Disembarkation day isn't counted as a day.

It can be confusing though, especially when they state the cruise length in days, not nights.

Our upcoming Dawn cruise is 17 days however the itinerary numbers the days and shows 18 days:

1 Fremantle, Australia

2 Geraldton, Australia

3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Lombok, Indonesia

6 At Sea

7 Broome, Australia

8 Kimberley Coast, Australia (Scenic Cruising)

9 At Sea

10 Darwin, Australia

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 Port Douglas, Australia

14 At Sea

15 At Sea

16 Brisbane, Australia

17 At Sea

18 Sydney, Australia

I expect to pay for 17 days with the drinks package.

I jsu ran a dummy order and they definitely charged per night [so 17]. But as I said in the past they have charged by the day [which would be 18[

Even if you can't check into your hotel before 2pm, most hotels will store your luggage for you until your room is ready. So you could drop your luggage off and have a wander around the city, have a coffee or lunch. That's what we tend to do when arriving in cities at odd times.

There should be plenty of taxis at the cruise terminal. Melbourne taxis are all fairly good.

THANK YOU! I do have friends living in Melbourne to ask for their help too, and I have previously arranged to take the luggage to the hotel before going to a Medical Appointment. That might be the less stressful way to go-late disembarkation and luggage lodged at hotel, then head down to the supermarket and buy something cold for my tea. I've learnt to be wary about the price of hotel meals-not always the better value than a walk to a supermarket and purchasing something like cooked, peeled shrimp that can be eaten cold. I hadn't planned to explore Melbourne other than going to the supermarket and returning to the hotel as I expect the excitement of the 1st cruise will start to hit me very hard.

Just had a look.

If you order your soda package online they are only charging by the night, Aus prices are

Soda $5.45

+ More $7.65

15 Coffee $37.40 [which is a jump]

THANK YOU! I'd budgeted AUD$25 so I was covered. Am calculating AUD$2.80 per Soda Can, aware I might be too high, but I was told to get additional cans to supplement the Mini Bar, and get them changed for Coke and Sprite by Room Service. I think I can order the extra cans through Room Service, it would be much easier for me.

There's a HUGE amount of useful information-I always learn something new every time I log on!

THANK YOU! I'd budgeted AUD$25 so I was covered. Am calculating AUD$2.80 per Soda Can, aware I might be too high, but I was told to get additional cans to supplement the Mini Bar, and get them changed for Coke and Sprite by Room Service. I think I can order the extra cans through Room Service, it would be much easier for me.

I see you have 530 posts, so I may be out of line, but you are aware that you can take soda onto Princess ships?

We went on our first cruise Jan/Feb on Sea Princess 14 night cruise Brisbane to NZ. We took our 2 bottles of wine plus a case of 24 cans of Pepsi Max. We carried it on but have since been told we could have put a baggage tag on and checked it. Though if anyone does this I would suggest wrapping a lot of packing tape around it having seen how the baggage is handled :).

I am suggesting this as you are talking about changing the stock in your fridge in your cabin. As you are only on a 3 day cruise you could buy a 12 pack which would do you. We left 10 cans onboard.

Enjoy your planning.

• 3 weeks later...
I see you have 530 posts, so I may be out of line, but you are aware that you can take soda onto Princess ships?

We went on our first cruise Jan/Feb on Sea Princess 14 night cruise Brisbane to NZ. We took our 2 bottles of wine plus a case of 24 cans of Pepsi Max. We carried it on but have since been told we could have put a baggage tag on and checked it. Though if anyone does this I would suggest wrapping a lot of packing tape around it having seen how the baggage is handled :).

I am suggesting this as you are talking about changing the stock in your fridge in your cabin. As you are only on a 3 day cruise you could buy a 12 pack which would do you. We left 10 cans onboard.

Enjoy your planning.

That's an idea! I'm staying with my cousins at their property just outside Sydney for a couple of days before embarkation, they're bringing me down to the ship, and had already told them I was shopping for my own food and drinks while staying with them, and what cans I didn't use, I would leave with them-they're both involved in team sports so have team barbecues at their home. Knowing them, they'll insist I take cans to the ship, "We've got enough, and we both work so can afford it better than you can!" rather than leaving ALL the extras for them!

With 3 nights aboard, and staying at a hotel, I could easily take a 6-pack of Coke and Sprite and some loose cans in a cooler bag, I have a storage container that will provide a weight-bearing base when put in the bottom of the bag! Am trying to keep to Sprite rather than Coke, but the occasional can of Coke when down the street and getting tired, provides an energy boost sufficient to get me home safely. If necessary, I can pack the cooler bag in the checked case to be left out overnight for unloading, and just keep some cans in fridge overnight.

THANK YOU for the prompt about needing cans, I had forgotten about having some cans of lemonade for overnight thirst-I'm a terror for waking in the early hours wanting a drink!

Edited by crochetcruise
Spelling

Crochetcruise,

I know this is your first cruise and you are very excited. Also your need for a handicapped cabin so you booked a suite. You realize on your apparently very tight budget, you can get a handicapped Balcony cabin

and would save a huge amount over a full suite. The balcony handicaps are huge cabins. Being a single person and paying for two is a huge amount of money for someone in a suite. Consider your next cruise in

a balcony cabin and you could cruise for a longer period of time, and have the same enjoyment on the ship.

Again. I don't want to put a damper on your decision for this special first cruise but something for you to think about. Also see if before you leave the ship, you could check out those cabins that I suggested.

On the Golden, located right near the front elevators. I believe numbers

300 301, 302 etc.(on Caribe, Baja).

Enjoy your very special first cruise (one you will never forget).

Edited by san diego sue

BUMP!

Hi Cruisers! Sorry to dredge this up again, but what happens if a person with the AIBP wants to buy a round of drinks for friends? Or buy a couple of coffees to take back to your cabin? I guess this wouldn't be allowed?? Is it truly only one drink at a time? Thanks!

BUMP!

Hi Cruisers! Sorry to dredge this up again, but what happens if a person with the AIBP wants to buy a round of drinks for friends? Or buy a couple of coffees to take back to your cabin? I guess this wouldn't be allowed?? Is it truly only one drink at a time? Thanks!

It is more than a matter of one drink at a time.

It is that all of the drinks received when using the AIBP are intended only for the person who purchased the AIBP.

If a person wants to purchase additional drinks for friends, he/she can do so by putting the charges for those drinks on his/her cabin account.

However, if purchasing a wine bottle at 40% off with this program, then the contents of that bottle can be shared with anyone.

It is more than a matter of one drink at a time.

It is that all of the drinks received when using the AIBP are intended only for the person who purchased the AIBP.

If a person wants to purchase additional drinks for friends, he/she can do so by putting the charges for those drinks on his/her cabin account.

However, if purchasing a wine bottle at 40% off with this program, then the contents of that bottle can be shared with anyone.

Thank you. That makes sense.