Island Princess Obstucted view cabins

cecparkinson

We have just been allocated our cabin on the Island princess sailing to Hawaii. Our cabin number is Emerald 610 was wondering if any one had stayed in this cabin or nearby. would appreciate opinions or comments. We know it is obstruced view as we are guaranteed and also we know it can accommadate up to 4 people does this mean it is larger than a cabin holding 2. A photo would be great, many thanks Cec and Kim.:)

The view will be of a lifeboat, and perhaps a bit of sky if you are lucky, but you will get nice light through the window. It is not larger than a cabin holding 2 people; your extra beds will drop down from the ceiling over the two lower beds. Two lower beds will probably be placed with the head at the window wall. Picture of cabin E311 on webshots, very similar to yours.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/94797497/94797497KduFKq

Last cruise I was in E623 - I had an obstructed view but did not have a lifeboat right in front of my window. Instead, I had some equipment. So I could see the ocean and the sky. It just depends on where your cabin is located in relation to the lifeboats.

I had E516 on the Coral Princess and it also accomodated 4 and it is no larger then cabins that accomodated 2. Here is a pic of my cabin (fully obstructed):

Image-3D923C9999C511D7.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

The brochures at the time seemed to show that it would not be fully obstructed but the brochures were wrong. Not sure if they have corrected them since.

Thanks everyone for your replys, especially cherylandtk loved your photos of the Island, got me well in the mood for our holiday in 2 months. We have come to the way of thinking that we will see no sea or have any view and anything we do see will be a huge bonus. Cec and Kim:)

You will have a great time, I can tell from your attitude. BTW, during each cruise they do take down some of the lifeboats, even at ports that don't require tenders and since they must rotate which ones are used so that they all get use and practice, you just might get a port day with a fabulous ocean view.

Archived