Ephesus tour

EricIan

Hi all,

We're looking to join a group or may be organize a tour of Ephesus with a private tour company with a maximum of 8.

The name of the company is : No frills Ephesus Tours the web site is

Nofrills************.com

I will got more info about the cost and the tour details and let you know

PRIVATE NO FRILLS EPHESUS TOURS are designed for those customers who are only interested in the cultural and historical aspects of the sites. There are absolutely no shopping stops included on these tours.

A private NO FRILLS HALF DAY EPHESUS TOUR will include:

- Ancient City of Ephesus

- Temple of Artemis

- The Terrace Houses

Includes: A/C transportation, English speaking tour guide and all entry/parking fees.

Excludes: Gratitude to driver/guide.

Tour Duration: 5 hours

*This tour is most suitable for cruise customers with limited docking time*

All tours include pick up and drop off at your port of call. We like to keep our groups small giving us the benefit of being able to navigate through the crowds easily and as your tickets will be pre-booked there is no waiting in queues to enter into sites. Our professional English speaking tour guide will do his utmost to provide a relaxed stress free tour at a pace that suits your needs in one of the most magnificent ancient cities in Turkey.

This will run for approx 5 hours and lunch can be taken at one of the restaurants in Selcuk town or a buffet style lunch taken at Hanim Aga. They cook authentic Turkish home cooking and it is delicious.

8-10 pax will be $95 USD per person and 11-12 pax $85 USD per person.

All prices are quoted in USD but you can pay in EURO or TURKISH LIRA

Edited by EricIan
More info

We find the entire post (and pitch from the tour company) laughable. So here is the real scoop. If a group books a private tour (with any of the reputable tour companies in Kusadasi) they tour will likely include some kind of shopping visit. However, since it is YOUR private tour you only have to tell your guide that you prefer not to make the shopping stop! On one of our several visits to Kusadasi, DW and I hired an excellent guide through Ekol Tours. As is typical our guide offered to take us to a pottery factory. DW and I simply made it clear we could do our own shopping (we have been to Kusadasi a few times) and told our guide that we wanted to spend more time in the ruins (Ephesus) and get further in depth then normal tours (it was our third visit to the ruins).

So here is my tip! When you hire a private tour or guide, they work for you! Not the other way around. If you do not like the itinerary just tell the guide what you prefer. And we would also mention that the price of the tour cited by the OP is within the normal to high range for any reputable tour company.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I have found that turkish guides are different than say in Greece.....it was not even suggested that we go on any shopping excursions in Greece, it was all about the sights to see.....in Turkey the guides started as friendly and informative but, if you did not follow their shopping suggestions or as in our last cruise buy anything at the "rug making school" they became sullen and cool in attitude for the remainder of the trip.

I was told that they can get as much as 45% from the sale of a rug to the tourists so I suppose they were disappointed but, as you said...they are supposed to be working for me. I does make the tour less enjoyable when get like this though.

makes me want to skip Turkey in the future even though the scenery was nice and Ephesus was very impressive

We find the entire post (and pitch from the tour company) laughable. So here is the real scoop. If a group books a private tour (with any of the reputable tour companies in Kusadasi) they tour will likely include some kind of shopping visit. However, since it is YOUR private tour you only have to tell your guide that you prefer not to make the shopping stop! On one of our several visits to Kusadasi, DW and I hired an excellent guide through Ekol Tours. As is typical our guide offered to take us to a pottery factory. DW and I simply made it clear we could do our own shopping (we have been to Kusadasi a few times) and told our guide that we wanted to spend more time in the ruins (Ephesus) and get further in depth then normal tours (it was our third visit to the ruins).

So here is my tip! When you hire a private tour or guide, they work for you! Not the other way around. If you do not like the itinerary just tell the guide what you prefer. And we would also mention that the price of the tour cited by the OP is within the normal to high range for any reputable tour company.

Hank

I have also used Ekol tours in Istanbul and Kusadasi. I have also used individual guides I found on the port of call forum. We also had two guides who did walking tours in Istanbul which we arranged according to our interests.. None of them ever took us to a shop for rugs, leather or pottery. One guide did ask after our tour and we said no. That was it.

All the guides in Turkey have to be liciened by the governemnt. They all know mmutiple languages.. They are very well versed in historcial sites, ancient history and all were outstanding.

Your particular tour sounds about right. 5 hours for Ephesus, terrace houses, and Artemis temple which is a pillar but was a Wonder of the Ancient World.

I would have lunch in Selcuk. It is a interesting town close to Ephesus.

I would also keep your tour limited to 8 people. Everyone will fit in a nice passenger van. Have the tour guide and driver pick you up right after you dock. We got to Ephesus before the crowds or tour buses. It was not crowded at all from the upper entracne to the Terrace houses. After we toured those,we came out to large crowds by the Celsius library , but we were almost at the end of our tour by then.

Have a wonderful day at Ephesus and the beautiful area of Turkey.

Edited by Azulann

Hi Everyone,

To the OP : As you've already located your Roll Call, please post this request on your Roll Call thread. This forum is for general Celebrity discussion. Have a great cruise. This thread is now closed.

Edited by Host Andy