CPAP machine power plug on QM2

July1963

Hi Everyone,

We are traveling on QM2 this August sailing from Southampton August 11th. To say we are excited is an understatement. We last traveled back in 2007. We had been trying to get pregnant for years, gone through IVF etc. Eventually we were told by 2 doctors that we could not have children. We booked the trip and had a wonderful time. My wife was practically in tears when she left the ship. About 3 months or so after we got home we found out we were pregnant. Our son will be travelling with us on this trip and turn 7 while on board. I often wonder if there was a QM2 factor involved!

I digress from my original question. I use a CPAP machine and need to keep it by my bedside. Are there spare power sockets by the bedside tables or are they just by the desk? If so I will have to run an extension cable.

Thanks for your help.

The only outlets are at the desk. You or your TA should contact Cunard arrange for them to supply you with a safety compliant ship extension cord. Much safer than a $3.99 18G lamp cord and one less thing to remember. The ship can also supply distilled water. Many people use CPAP machines so these are routine requests.

Let us know how things are nine months after you disembark.:D