I have an dilemma about after cruise activities in Miami...please help

angelsop99

I have a dilemma....we are leaving this sat. from Miami on NOS. When we return next Sat. our flight is not till 8PM. My parents just told me they want to tour or do something in Miami since we've never been there. My question is what should we do with our luggage (total or 6-7), we were thinking about rent a car/van so we can store our luggage and drive around the city? Any suggestion....please help:confused:

I'd think about booking something through the cruise line. They do excursions for the day you begin or end your cruise, in most ports, and they drop you off at the airport if it's the day you finished your cruise. They are also prepared for the fact you'll have luggage.

Good luck. I haven't actually done it myself, but I know it's an option.

We once had a late flight out of Miami and did the Miama Highlights Tour through the ship. It worked out very well and we really enjoyed the tour. It was part by bus, part by boat (around Fisher Island) and some time in a shopping mall....a good way to kill some time.

Hi. I had the same problem in February.

Can give you 2 suggestions in addition to taking the ship’s tour.

1. Get your luggage to a hotel in Miami or Miami Beach, give the bell captain some dollars and tell them to store the luggage for you. Worked out for me the last time and I was even allowed to use the shower in their gym before I went to the airport. :)

2. Get a transfer to the airport (included if you rent a car there) and use the baggage storage facility at the airport!

Then you can return the car at the airport and get your luggage back without dragging it around the whole city. :D

Hope this helps and have a great cruise.

G.W.

Good advice from the German Wunderkind. An all-day tour with the ship would be very expensive on a per person basis when you can rent a car/van all day and include everyone. I don't recommend leaving the luggage in the vehicle while you tour various locations though so his other advice on how to store luggage is excellent advice.

Some suggestions on how to spend the day with a rental vehicle:

1) Everglades and Biscayne National Parks

2) Upper Keys

3) South Beach/Art Deco (much more impressive at night though)

4) Coconut Grove area

5) Shopping at Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall in Sunrise (Broward County)

BobK/Orlando

Archived