Trois Rivieres, I visited here last month

tring

I have just written a cruise review and port reviews about a recent cruise, but I could not post my review for Trois Rivieres as it was not on the list of ports which can be reviewed, so I am posting it here in the hope that anyone searching for Trois Rivieres may find it useful.

This was one of our favourite ports. We went ashore independently and walked around the historic area near the port which was lovely. We also went into the Mussee des Ursulines and found that to be one of the most interesting museums we have ever visited because it focused on the life of the nun’s with video’s and written accounts by them about their life in the convent. The adjacent church was impressive as well. We then strolled a bit around the centre of the town and saw the old prison, (which is now a museum), from the outside. We did not go into the prison, but it was well spoken of by people who had gone into it.

We returned to the ship late afternoon and had a quick evening meal. As we did not leave this port until about 10.30pm, we had time to walk back into the town and sample a couple of interesting brews in a bar that brewed its own beer.

Edited by tring

• 3 years later...