Going to Amsterdam.........

Lois R

from one Lois to another, just want to thank you, LoisR, for the thread and all the great posts with info...it's been so enlightening...and since I'm not taking my cruise till May 2017...suspect there will be more great info to come. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Lois aka HiLo71

Hi:) glad to help and hope you have a wonderful trip as well. I am going

in May 2017 too:D

Hi:) glad to help and hope you have a wonderful trip as well. I am going

in May 2017 too:D

Hi again Lois R,

We exchanged a few posts upthread and I'm glad the thread is still going strong. I'll be cruising out of Amsterdam Aug 23, 2017 on Silhouette. After lots of research and deliberation, I plan to stay at Crowne Plaza City Center pre-cruise.

doing so much reading lately...can't remember where I saw what....so not sure if it was a post on this thread...but someone mentioned the difference in the canal tours...with the bigger boats and smaller ones....if that was here can someone let me know....:confused: Been looking into the Eating Amsterdam Jordaan Food and Canal tour...says their canal tour is on one of the older smaller wooden boats...sounds great to me...???

Edited by HiLo71

doing so much reading lately...can't remember where I saw what....so not sure if it was a post on this thread...but someone mentioned the difference in the canal tours...with the bigger boats and smaller ones....if that was here can someone let me know....:confused: Been looking into the Eating Amsterdam Jordaan Food and Canal tour...says their canal tour is on one of the older smaller wooden boats...sounds great to me...???

That's a great question. Also, can anyone recommend an evening canal cruise?

We are going on a pizza and beer canal cruise the night we arrive. Six different kinds of pizza and unlimited beer and wine. Go to Viator.com

As great as that sounds, we already have all our dinner plans set. Thanks for the suggestion. I am just looking for a canal ride after dark or even better at dusk.

Jim

As great as that sounds, we already have all our dinner plans set. Thanks for the suggestion. I am just looking for a canal ride after dark or even better at dusk.

Jim

Check the candlelight cruise:http://www.rederijkooij.nl/en/our-canal-cruises

or this one:

http://www.lovers.nl/en/

I am not sure till what time daylightcruises sail, it will depend on the season. But why not send one of the companies an email with your question.