Coffee card punches

andrek

I just got an email from Princess telling me I can purchase beverage packages ahead of time. I was wondering if I got the coffee card, and I get a double cappuccino or any other double coffee drink will it be one or two punches. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I like my coffee drinks strong and am wondering how many cards I need to purchase for a 15 day cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Isn't it a couple of dollars cheaper to buy coffee card beforehand through gifts? I've ordered an espresso & the server said "would you like a double? It's still one punch?'. I've also ordered a redeye with 2 shots of espresso & it was 1 punch. But like others have said, you never know...........

Isn't it a couple of dollars cheaper to buy coffee card beforehand through gifts? I've ordered an espresso & the server said "would you like a double? It's still one punch?'. I've also ordered a redeye with 2 shots of espresso & it was 1 punch. But like others have said, you never know...........

Not anymore, no savings, they changed it.

Punches depend on the server.

No advantage to purchasing a coffee card before the cruise.

You can get one the first time you go to get coffee.

Yes, but if you already have it in your hand, you will get your coffee possibly minutes earlier. :) I agree with the others that there is no way to predict whether the barista will punch one or two for those double shot drinks. I've seen it done both ways.

just remember, regular coffee thereare no hole punches for and you get unlimited amounts on your cruise. It is the specialty ones that require a hole punch. Also, we were told on the royal that 1 hole punch would get us an ice cream sundae in the ice cream shop. Don't know if that is so.

Thanks for the help. I will wait and buy the card on board.

Hopefully I will get an understanding barrista.

just remember, regular coffee thereare no hole punches for and you get unlimited amounts on your cruise. It is the specialty ones that require a hole punch. Also, we were told on the royal that 1 hole punch would get us an ice cream sundae in the ice cream shop. Don't know if that is so.

Gelato on the Royal/Regal only for 1 punch.

Up until recently it was about $3 cheaper to purchase in advance. They seem to have changed that. I have several (I think 3) unpunched and unmarked coffee cards on hand as well as one with maybe 2 punches left. I get them for my wife but our next cruise is 17 days and since we have a number of them on hand I think I will indulge myself and use one of them for me.

I am "the guy" who has never purchased coffee from Starbucks, Dutch Brothers, etc. I normally drink the regular ship coffee. Sometimes it is very bad but other times it ranges from "fine" to "good". Since I have an abundance of unused coffee cards I don't see any reason not to have fresh-brewed coffee and some snazzy coffee drinks. I think most of their "fancy" coffee drinks have 2 shots of espresso in them normally. Perhaps I will have one with 4 shots of espresso and double caramel. That sounds kind of good to me. :)

It is so on the Royal and Regal.

Yes, but if you already have it in your hand, you will get your coffee possibly minutes earlier. :)

But you wont have it in hand by prepurchasing it. You will get a card in your room which you will call room service to turn into a coffee card. You might still be on hold with room service while someone buying one atvthe IC once onboard might be enjoying his first coffee!

To the OP, the coffee card punches don't expire so ou can use any unused punches on your next cruise.

Something else that seems to have changed is prepurcasing beer. Used to be a 6 pack of any of several different types for $23 something. Now it s 5 for about the same price though there are actually about three different prices with Dos Equis being the least expenive at $22 something.

Terry

Checking a future reservation on my Cruise Personalizer it lists these beer prices (15% gratuity included):

12 ounce:

5-For-4 Dos Equis Package

$22.27 5 bottles for the price of 4

5-For-4 Heineken Package

$24.15 5 bottles for the price of 4

16 ounce:

5-For-4 Budweiser Package

$26.45 5 bottles for the price of 4

5-For-4 Bud Light Package

$26.45 5 bottles for the price of 4

Edited by Astro Flyer

But you wont have it in hand by prepurchasing it. You will get a card in your room which you will call room service to turn into a coffee card. You might still be on hold with room service while someone buying one atvthe IC once onboard might be enjoying his first coffee!

So why you wanna rain on my parade? :);) I usually have a punch or two left from the last one, so I use that for my first purchase. Sometime during the first day I'll get a new card from one of the sales tables set up near HC.

Yes, but if you already have it in your hand, you will get your coffee possibly minutes earlier. :) I agree with the others that there is no way to predict whether the barista will punch one or two for those double shot drinks. I've seen it done both ways.

When I pre purchased a coffee card recently on the Royal the cabin steward gave me a voucher when we arrived which said to be exchanged at the IC so didn't need to wait at all.

btw here in the UK we do save money buying in advance because of the great exchange rate Princess offer.

In case you are unaware, once you reach elite status, you can call room service the first day and have the mini bar items removed and get 2 free coffee cards. This works great for us as we don't drink or eat in the cabin. Besides, don't know what I would do without my afternoon cappuchino onboard. lol

Up until recently it was about $3 cheaper to purchase in advance. They seem to have changed that. I have several (I think 3) unpunched and unmarked coffee cards on hand as well as one with maybe 2 punches left. I get them for my wife but our next cruise is 17 days and since we have a number of them on hand I think I will indulge myself and use one of them for me.

I am "the guy" who has never purchased coffee from Starbucks, Dutch Brothers, etc. I normally drink the regular ship coffee. Sometimes it is very bad but other times it ranges from "fine" to "good". Since I have an abundance of unused coffee cards I don't see any reason not to have fresh-brewed coffee and some snazzy coffee drinks. I think most of their "fancy" coffee drinks have 2 shots of espresso in them normally. Perhaps I will have one with 4 shots of espresso and double caramel. That sounds kind of good to me. :)

I may be wrong, but I think fresh brewed coffee is only available on the cruise that the coffee card was purchased for. Hole punches carry over from cruise to cruise.

I may be wrong, but I think fresh brewed coffee is only available on the cruise that the coffee card was purchased for. Hole punches carry over from cruise to cruise.

You are partially right. Free fresh brew is only on the cruise that the coffee card was purchased. But if you have older cards you can still get the fresh brew but they should punch for it on the older cards. Have heard it varies from ship to ship and knowledge of staff on board.