Another Question!

Hello, this will be our first cruise next year on the Anthem and I think we settled on what beverage package we wanted, but a friend of mine told me on the ships you are usually offered a sail a way drink per say! Is that included in the ultimate beverage package, or is this extra? Thank you:)

Hello, this will be our first cruise next year on the Anthem and I think we settled on what beverage package we wanted, but a friend of mine told me on the ships you are usually offered a sail a way drink per say! Is that included in the ultimate beverage package, or is this extra? Thank you:)

I don't remember a "sail away" drink - but haven't been on Anthem.

Regardless - if you have the ultimate package - it will include almost all drinks - and bars will be open prior to sail away.

The packages never include the specialty cups - so be careful to remind the bartender/server that you only want the DRINK - not the souvenir cup!

Happy cruising!!

Just from my experience on Quantum's first cruise to the Bahamas, there was no drink of the day. Of course it was cold and rainy that week in November 2014, and there were no bar servers on deck during the first sailaway from Bayonne. I really missed having that first sailaway drink! The Quantum class sailing experience was unlike any other RCCL ship we've been on. For example, all the different bars served only certain drinks. I could only get a torched cherry sangria at the (indoor) Pool Bar. Things may have changed now that Anthem is sailing and Quantum is in China.

Hope you get a definitive answer from someone who has sailed more recently on Anthem.

We just got back from our first cruise, which was on anthem. We had the select drinks package included in the deal when we booked. Not sure its worth £27 pppd with the exception of our 20yr old who made the most of it! Then again you only need to have 3 drinks over the day to break even. We had wine, beer or prosecco and soft drinks altho the juice was confusing, in some bars it was included and not others. I found this out when I was charged $3 to my account for a fresh juice in the solarium - no biggie but just check with the bartender if not sure. Prosecco was my downfall I have to say :)

Didn't see any free drinks at sailaway but the first royal evening the bubbly was freely flowing (not to get confused with when you choose to dress up for a reservation in the Grande, royal evenings are announced in the bulletin for the next day and the idea is that everyone dresses up regardless of where you're eating).

Hope that helps :)

• 1 month later...