Azura Newbie -- 2 Cabins dining together?

Ann Twerp

Hi,

We've booked an early saver cruise for 4 in 2 cabins, with Club Dining. How can we make sure we are seated together in the restaurant? I paid for all 4 guests together, but the cruise personalizer treats each cabin as a separate booking. Can they be linked?

Thanks

So can we link two cabins on one booking for dining under an Early Saver and Saver booking?

I don't mean for selction of sitting etc, but just that wherever we are allocated we can sit together?

So can we link two cabins on one booking for dining under an Early Saver and Saver booking?

I don't mean for selction of sitting etc, but just that wherever we are allocated we can sit together?

No.

I would say that in my (fairly limited) experience and that of others (I asked the same question 12 months ago roughly), it is pretty likely you will be sat together, though you may be sharing a table with others (which can be great .... we did this on a Cunard cruise and we were always the last to leave !)

I did this on an Azura cruise last year, and the P&O lady was fairly straight about this - nothing is guaranteed. They will *try* to put the linked bookings on the same seating, but they don't *guarantee* it. The only way to get your guarantee is to book a select fare - that's what you get for that fare.

As she put it, you are quids in anyway. You can eat in the buffet, you can eat every night in the pay restaurants and you'd still save money. You probably will sit together in the MDR. If not, it may be doable after the usual round of changes that happens on the first day of the cruise, especially if you are open to any size table any time.

But there is a *possibility* that you may not.

With late saver fares you are basically going to be slotted in.

The select fares would have their choices first.

the early savers next.

Finally the saver fares. You can link the bookings, pay for both cabins etc. However with a late saver you are basically having what is left after 1st and 2nd choices have been dealt with.

They cannot guarantee it will be all together as its slotting in.

There is possibly more chance that you would be given freedom dining, so you could all sit together then, by just going down together.

Thanks themanwithahat - would that also be if you yourself are paying for the two cabins under the one booking reference?

Yes.

I probably sounded more pessimistic than the reality. It is right - there is no guarantee - but tbh I'd be very surprised if you aren't together. When we did it on Azura we had our own table for 4, tried it on Cunard and shared a table of 8.

From what I read here, most people seemed to agree that it was very likely you would be okay - it's just not absolute :)

Yes, I just wondered if they counted your cabins as one booking or not, that's all. We book Select normally to make sure of it when it matters, but might just try it one day.

Edited by Scriv

Sorry to be labouring this, but it does then seem as if we are in with a good chance of linking our bookings if we book an Early Saver - but nothing guaranteed.

This would be on Britannia where we would want either Freedom or Late Sitting.

Just trying to decide whether to risk it or go for Select.

I promise this is my last comment on this - am just trying to get it straight in my brain.

Edited by Scriv

Sorry to be labouring this, but it does then seem as if we are in with a good chance of linking our bookings if we book an Early Saver - but nothing guaranteed.

This would be on Britannia where we would want either Freedom or Late Sitting.

Just trying to decide whether to risk it or go for Select.

I promise this is my last comment on this - am just trying to get it straight in my brain.

Don't try and get anything straight in your brain!!!!!! Pando will only try and do something else to confuse you.

The word you need to underline is guarentee. The ship will always to their best to keep the customer happy.

If you don't want the word guarantee to come into it , book select/go for freedom dining or go for one of the cheaper fares ,but be more flexible. If you are not together the first night you hopefully will be by the 2nd.

Don't try and get anything straight in your brain!!!!!! Pando will only try and do something else to confuse you.

The word you need to underline is guarentee. The ship will always to their best to keep the customer happy. If you don't want the word guarantee to come into it , book select/go for freedom dining or go for one of the cheaper fares ,but be more flexible. If you are not together the first night you hopefully will be by the 2nd.

Thanks ever so much! That's a great answer... :)

Is that specific to Britannia, themanwithahat? I know nothing of the trends on Britannia. Actually late sitting is what is preferred in this case....

Britannia has two freedom dining restaurants and one for club dining. The early club sitting is likely to be full as its popular especially amongst traditionalists. So I would say most likely option is 2nd club sitting then freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk