It's the little things that count :)

cruzn buckeye

What a refreshing thread! We've had lots of great moments over the years. Probably one of my favorites has been my son's first cruise when he was 3 years old (he's 13 now). The waiters were fantastic. Every night they would really cater to him. They'd tell him jokes, make him things out of towels, and everynight they'd have chocolate milk and french fries waiting for him. To this day he still remembers their names and has fond memories of them!

January 2012 we were on the Breeze with our son, he was 10. Each night, the waitress, a beautiful young lady name Gordana brought candy to him. At 10, i think she was his first love...

July 2015, on the Breeze again, my son asked me if we will see Gordana again. I told him, slight chances, staff change ships, etc. First night, Gordana recognize me while i am walking the promenade, she is now working at Cucina and remember my son (what a memory!). We took our son to Cucina that night (surprise), he see her and his face illuminate ! They talked a little, he was very shy and she gave him candy that time too ! My son was very, very happy.

It's been a few years since we've cruised carnival, we've done Disney and RCL our past 3 cruises, so my answer may change next month.

However, for me, well it's in my sig, TRUE towel animals, pillow mints and robes, plus 24/7 ice cream and pizza! It really IS the little things. Service was always ok, it's nothing to brag about compared to disney. BUT man, the pillow mints on carnival, the robes. ah.

On RCL the ice cream wasn't 24/7. I mean really WHY? On Disney, they leave chocolate squares on the pillow, yuck. not worth eating ( I LOVE Disney, very few complaints, lol).

On our first cruise, we were placed with other people, anyone who knows me knows this is NOT ACCEPTABLE and will automatically mean I will never cruise with and will forever diss and will NOT tip that cruise line. We of course got our table for two. It was our honeymoon cruise. On one night the waitress brought out cake, no charge then, and sang happy honeymoon! Then cleared the dirty dishes from behind us, let us switch to 'fresh set table' and took a picture of us and the cake. It's still framed in my living room.

What a refreshing thread! We've had lots of great moments over the years. Probably one of my favorites has been my son's first cruise when he was 3 years old (he's 13 now). The waiters were fantastic. Every night they would really cater to him. They'd tell him jokes, make him things out of towels, and everynight they'd have chocolate milk and french fries waiting for him. To this day he still remembers their names and has fond memories of them!

Please tell me that wasn't waiting the first night? But after it was ok'd your 3 year old could have both those things? I'm ok with fruit cup waiting for my 3 year old, and regular milk, but chocolate milk and french fries? She wouldn't eat dinner, and we couldn't let her have dessert (which we don't do nightly).

On one cruise with our then 14 month old, my husband went scuba diving and I took our son up to the lido for breakfast which was the crowded pre-port frenzy before most leave the ship. The hostess from the MDR who was always so sweet to our son was the hostess in the lido that morning saw us and immediately asked what she could help me with. She stayed with my son and fed him his yogurt while I got something to eat. I thought it was so nice of her to do that and hoped we ran into her on another cruise but so far hasn't happened.

So many crew members have done some super sweet things for me! One of the drink waiters at the comedy club brought out my drink, and said it was on him, very kind. Another time, the battery on our door lock went out and I really needed to get into my room. The cabin steward saw me.. ran and got some keys... took me through my parents room, through the balcony, and got me in. Very much appreciated!

There are two great appetizers on the AT menu that you have to try - if you are an adventurous eater - Braised Rabbit, and Braised Ox Tongue. Also the Cured Salmon with Candied Tomatoes is great. Hope you enjoy.

hmmm... rabbit.. i can do that one.. not so sure about the Ox tongue:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love, love , love this thread. It is so refreshing to read "nice" stories about happy things that have happened on their cruises, we have cruised with Carnival about 14 times over the years starting in 1997. We are fixing to take our 4 th cruise this year and we are already booked on 2 next year. We have always enjoyed our cruises and the people working so very hard on the ship. Thank you everybody for the great stories.

Well this is a little thing but on a cruise to Alaska because of how the room entries are. I kept trying to open the neighbors door instead of mine. My room steward seemed to always be in the hall and would call out. "Mrs. Olson, your room is the next one down." It only took me half the cruise to remember to get to the right door.

On our second cruise on the Elation, and the only one we got to take with my MIL before she passed away, we had a fantastic experience in the MDR. My BIL traveled with us. He was in his early 20's at the time, but is autistic. He had ordered a steak. When the meal arrived, my MIL began to cut BIL's meat for him. Our server immediately, gently, took the knife and fork from her. He quickly cut the meat into bite sized pieces, and when he was done, said simply, "Enjoy your meal."

My MIL was SO IMPRESSED that the server was so sensitive to our needs. It made a huge impression on her! 👍 👏 We have had room stewards since that were so sweet with my BIL, laughing and joking with him. Gerard, on the Elation, in particular. He asked to play with my BIL's Nintendo 3DS game system, and played with it for mere seconds before he said, "Well...I died!" BIL found this very humerous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Please tell me that wasn't waiting the first night? But after it was ok'd your 3 year old could have both those things? I'm ok with fruit cup waiting for my 3 year old, and regular milk, but chocolate milk and french fries? She wouldn't eat dinner, and we couldn't let her have dessert (which we don't do nightly).

How inappropriate for you to judge and criticize!

Your post in not in the spirit of this thread!

Sheezzz.....MYOB.

How inappropriate for you to judge and criticize!

Your post in not in the spirit of this thread!

Sheezzz.....MYOB.

My thoughts exactly! Very judgy. I always made sure my kids ate healthy at home. However, vacation is a special time for even the youngest. And that would mean french fries and chocolate every night for dinner if that's what they wanted. They both knew once we got back home it was back to a normal routine. Even if the person who posted this fed their child this at home, what right do you have to judge? Are you the world's most perfect parent?

Hi, On my Carnival Freedom cruise last October on one of the last sea days I had a bartender come up to me and gave me a free plastic Carnival mug! And I only used Bottomless bubbles so I don't know how much of a tip he ended up getting. He always remembered I wanted a root beer! Such a nice thing to do!

Ours was a 4 generation cruise that included my mobility and cognitively challenged 83 year old mother. Mum has never traveled. She and my father were together for 63 years and he did not like to leave home. After Dad passed last year I was able to talk her into trying a cruise with us. The crew of the Triumph showed her so many kindnesses I can’t begin to list here but two occurrences must be made mention. Florence in the London dining room was our wait staff leader one evening that mum and I dined just the two of us. Without being ask and in such a way that it seemed like part of the service she assisted mum with cutting her food. The other event that is so typical of Carnival service was one evening mum decided she needed an additional blanket for her bed. I walked into her room just as she was making the request on the phone. I commented to her I was surprised she was able to read the tiny print on the phone. Her response was she just called room service as I had instructed her when she wanted her morning coffee. I explained to her Room Service was for food and beverage and I would locate our room steward or housekeeping and obtain a blanket for her. Before I could make any additional call our dear Fidol was at her door with a blanket. The Room Service personnel could have easily told her to call the appropriate department. Some how they knew there was a very sweet but not very worldly lady in that room and she needed a blanket.