How many of you feel as I do about Aruba?

Arizdee

"It took me over 30 years to go visit Martha's Vineyard after Ted Kennedy drove his car into the water there."

I am surprised that Ted has been re-elected so many times, knowing that he is a murderer, liar, and solcial deviant. BUT........... none of thast was ever proved in court! so the other analogy's in this post are irrelevant also! Ain't media great? it isn't what you know, it's what you can PROVE.

Aruba is another excellent case in point. There has been NO evidence released to the public from which ANYONE can make a sane, rational opinion, YET..... this post is "proof" that there is a coverup! go figure!?

I love moles that come out of the woods to post 3 or 5 times with some private agenda. Wow, now Ted Kennedy is a murderer among many other things. Who cares what you think about him or anyone in Aruba.....I don't care about the issue of what happened to her anymore......I'm just going to Aruba to enjoy the lovely counrty and it's people, as I have on the past nine occasions. Tell Beth to go home, get a life and move on, but I see her point, it certainly is much safer in Aruba, than it is in Alabama.

just so you know, i do agree with many points that you have posted here and i understand where you are coming from. but at the same time... you shouldn't make a general statement like this. like you (or possibly someone else said), just because a few from the country or even many are arrogant, ignorant and stupid... not all are. i don't think the world revolves around my country or myself and i dont even like bush, but at the same time, i don't go around saying mean or insulting things about the people from your country or any other country for that matter. so next time, please don't put all americans in the same category because we're not all like that, and it's sad that you get that impression.

Reading these posts, it is no wonder you Americans have a world wide reputation of being arrogant, ignorant and stupid. The world does not revolve around you and your country. QUOTE]

Can't we all just get along??......probably not. But who really gives a care about all the political stuff... yea, we probably give too much to foreign aid but I'm sure we're getting something in return for it. The biggest point is that the people I will be giving my money to this January are just poor working stiffs like most of the rest of us. Just trying to make a living showing off their beautiful island. Thats no different than any tour guide in the U.S. Yea, their government may get some taxes from it....so what. Thats no worse than the money that goes to my government each week out of my check so they can give $2000.00 Mastercards to Katrina victims who are spending it on crack in Houston. But thats a whole other thread to debate.

I just hope that someday I will get to give some of my money to the fine folks "Down Under"!

Just curious . . . has anyone heard how Beth Hollaway's teenage son doing these days? I feel very sorry for the Hollaway family . . . especially Natalee's little brother . . . he seems to not only have lost a sister but also a mother.

I feel sorry for this girl's family but would like to know why it is acceptable to North Americans that entire industry seems to be being built around the coverage of this while people die in North America every day without adequate investigation or new coverage. Every life is precious, not just the life of someone the media wants to make into a story.

Just curious . . . has anyone heard how Beth Hollaway's teenage son doing these days? I feel very sorry for the Hollaway family . . . especially Natalee's little brother . . . he seems to not only have lost a sister but also a mother.

Hate to reply to my own post but . . . does anyone else think that Beth (Natalee's mother) should go back to Alabama and take care of . . . and raise her teenage son? This child does not deserve to have his mother in Aruba when . . . as most kids his age . . . needs her at home. He's already lost his sister . . . he doesn't deserve to be "left behind" by his mother. Were Natalee an only child, I could understand her nearly five month media crusade. Any parent can understand the pain and anxiety this woman is going through. I have a son and I can only imagine what Beth is going through. However . . . if I had another child at home . . . I think, somehow, I'd try to put my feelings in prospective. One child missing . . . one child not.

The media . . . especially Nancy Grace (at least that's what I think her name is) . . . has taken this missing person case and turned it into her personal vendetta against both Aruba and those she has judged guilty (the Dutch boy and two brothers). I'm an attorney and on the evidence thus presented . . . it's more than a stretch to think they did anything evil.

There are so many missing persons in this country . . . for this one young girl to be singled out as someone so much more important . . . so much more special than any of the others . . . because she's attractive, has a mother that won't accept that her daughter is missing, because it happened in Aruba and not New York or Washington, D.C. (where I went on my senior trip) and because the media found a good "story" . . . is nothing short of pathetic.

Beth needs to get on with her life . . . grieve the loss of her daughter . . . give lots of kisses, hugs and security to her son and before those of you that want to boycott Aruba because of this young lady's disappearance . . . read your newspaper . . . listen to the news. Are we asked to boycott every state in the United States because a young girl (boy, man or woman) is missing?

Hate to reply to my own post but . . . does anyone else think that Beth (Natalee's mother) should go back to Alabama and take care of . . . and raise her teenage son? This child does not deserve to have his mother in Aruba when . . . as most kids his age . . . needs her at home. He's already lost his sister . . . he doesn't deserve to be "left behind" by his mother. Were Natalee an only child, I could understand her nearly five month media crusade. Any parent can understand the pain and anxiety this woman is going through. I have a son and I can only imagine what Beth is going through. However . . . if I had another child at home . . . I think, somehow, I'd try to put my feelings in prospective. One child missing . . . one child not.

The media . . . especially Nancy Grace (at least that's what I think her name is) . . . has taken this missing person case and turned it into her personal vendetta against both Aruba and those she has judged guilty (the Dutch boy and two brothers). I'm an attorney and on the evidence thus presented . . . it's more than a stretch to think they did anything evil.

There are so many missing persons in this country . . . for this one young girl to be singled out as someone so much more important . . . so much more special than any of the others . . . because she's attractive, has a mother that won't accept that her daughter is missing, because it happened in Aruba and not New York or Washington, D.C. (where I went on my senior trip) and because the media found a good "story" . . . is nothing short of pathetic.

Beth needs to get on with her life . . . grieve the loss of her daughter . . . give lots of kisses, hugs and security to her son and before those of you that want to boycott Aruba because of this young lady's disappearance . . . read your newspaper . . . listen to the news. Are we asked to boycott every state in the United States because a young girl (boy, man or woman) is missing?

i couldn't agree with you more

Hate to reply to my own post but . . . does anyone else think that Beth (Natalee's mother) should go back to Alabama and take care of . . . and raise her teenage son? /QUOTE]

Ok I will reply, but in another thread (should be easy to find - if they delete one thread they will (or should) delete all).

Doglady, sell your brand of facism elsewhere; Americans have never supported the world unless it got something in return. For instance, any country which doesn't support recent U.S. efforts to provide immunity for our soldiers from international law got their aid cut. We've also been delinquent to the UN for years, and then we complain when they don't rubberstamp our criminal actions!

Your sourpuss politics and threat to take your toys and walk away have nothing to do with Aruba, where people are safer than in Alabama, and the elections are more honest than those in Ohio.

I doubt that Arizdee will ever be back, but if she reads her thread, maybe she can let us know how many of the 198 murders in Maricopa County AZ were solved last year? Do we need to boycott AZ if they don't have somebody in jail for all those crimes?

LL

Just for the record, CruiseForever, he has now appeared on TV saying that neither he nor his two buddies ever had sex with Natalie. Who knows the truth, certainly not by anything these 3 turkeys have said. EVERYTHING points to them but unfortunately authorities botched the investigation from day one and they have no evidence. For that I can, and do, blame officials in Aruba. I personally will voice my objection by never darkening their shores!

Like Beth, if I had the ways and means, I too would be looking for the answers. I couldn't just go home, never knowing what happened to one of my children. I'm sure her son is being well cared for and is just as anxious to know what happened to his sister as his parents are.

And another thing, I'm so tired of people who are always blaming the victim..SHE made a mistake someone said. And just how do you know that?!

It's like hearing that someone was raped and asking 'what was she wearing?'

People never cease to amaze me!!

But, hey, this is a cruise forum and not a crime debate. I just couldn't believe some of what's being said on here.

I don't believe anything BETH says, it's mostly lies, and unsubstaniated heresay. For all I know, NH got back to the Holiday Inn and was done in by someone from Alabama. Never has a valid source ever proven that any of the 3 had sex with the willing participant. This whole thing is a big joke that may well never be solved, and I could care less.

This is so sad . . . just heard on the local news that Taylor Behl's body has been found in a shallow grave near Richmond. Taylor has been missing since before Labor Day. She was such a beautiful, blonde seventeen-year-old girl in her Freshman year in college here in Virginia . . . popular, talented and much loved by her family and the community. We here in the Northern Virginia area have been following this story and our hearts have gone out to her family (who have never been on TV until tonight). It was hard enough for her friends and family when she was missing . . . but now? I just can't imagine what her mom and dad are going through.

Please ya all . . . don't boycott Virginia. There are so many nice people that live in Virginia . . . please don't let this tragedy effect how you feel about my state.

Arrests made in USVI tourist murders

by Susan Mann

Caribbean Net News Correspondent

Monday, July 4, 2005

ST THOMAS, USVI: Two St Thomas men have been arrested in the shooting deaths of Tristan A. Charlier, 24, and Leon H. Roberts, 25.

The Queens, New York residents, who were visiting St Thomas to attend a wedding, were shot and killed on June 15, less than 14 hours after arriving on-island. Charlier and Roberts, who had been shot multiple times, were found in the French Town area, near Veteran's Drive.

On Friday, police arrested 20 year old, Jahmal Hart, of Estate Anna's Fancy, St Thomas, a black male, who was born on St. Kitts. The following day, a 17 year old minor sibling of Hart was arrested.

According to police reports, the two reside at the same St Thomas address. The minor, also born on St. Kitts, was arrested at the Alexander Farrelly Justice Complex in Charlotte Amalie. Both arrests were made by the Major Crime Squad of the US Virgin islands.

Witnesses positively identified the minor as the second shooter in the murders of Mr Charlier and Mr Roberts. The minor is being held without bail pending an advice of rights hearing to be held before the Family Division of the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands.

The two siblings have been charged with murder in the first degree. Additional details are not being made available at this time because the investigation is still pending.

The double homicide received international news coverage, putting the safety of tourists traveling to the USVI into the limelight. The US Virgin Islands Police Department kept the families of Charlier and Roberts informed through out the investigation, while informing the public that any homicide committed in the Virgin islands requires all the police department's resources.

The New York City police Department assisted with the investigation.

To the OP…….

Is St Thomas now off your list now, too?

why do americans take the slant that the injustice in this tragic murder case is aimed at americans? this is a high level murder case which i assume is something not in the usual venue of aruban justice system. have we not ever completely botched any high level murders? not discussing guilt or innocense, but wasn't oj's aquittal based mostly on reasonable doubt generated by a botched forensic job? so, i personally will be going to aruba and do not harbor any ill will to aruban citizens.

Jamaica has the third highest murder rate in the world.

IN THE WORLD.

Only Columbia and South Africa have higher.

Jamaica has .32 murders per 1,000 people compared with the United States, which has .04 murders per 1,000 people.

There isn't a single Caribbean island that doesn't have murders. I travel to all of them every year or every two years (except Cuba). I work in the Caribbean.

If I refused to go to an island that had an unsolved murder, I'd be out of work.

Preceived injustice and reported injustice are two different things.

barbados . . . thank you for your posts . . . I will now boycott both St. Thomas and Jamacia . . . not to mention all the other Caribbean Islands because I'm sure they all are full of crime (unlike all the states in the United States) and the judicial systems in the Caribbean are so lacking. Don't you know that we here in the United States solve all of our missing persons reports and put all of the guilty behind bars.

Of course you know this was said tounge in cheek. I was in Jamacia last April (loved it) and will be in St. Thomas on my next cruise in April. I am so tired of some that say everyone should boycott Aruba because one little girl is missing. What about the thousands of missing kids here in the United States and all the botched investigations (can we say OJ Simpson) . . .

Archived