How many of you feel as I do about Aruba?

Arizdee

I think the premise of this thread is silly. Aruba is an island that doesn't know crime very well. Their investigators may seem inept, but they don't deal with murders every day like we do.

If you're going to protest Aruba for one unsolved disappearance/murder, then you'd better start protesting the USA for the many that happen every single day right here.

How do we know that the United States doesn't do half as good a job, if the people in Aruba in authority won't tell anybody anything and act like its nobody's business but their own? Talk about arrogant. Y'all go home and keep your noses out of our business. We don't want you! Fine we don't want them either, starting with not touring there. There are plenty of white beaches in the Caribbean!

Only 4 days until i go to Aruba, who cares anymore what happened. It's over, and that's all there is, until someconfesses or a body is found, end of story. Just another unsolved crime.

I've read each word posted on this thread, and now I'd like to comment.

How crass can you be? WHO CARES ANYMORE? What a horrible thing to say. Shame on you! And, LadyC, you claim to be an attorney, and you care not about justice?

FYI, one of the Kalpoe brothers DID confess! He said (and I saw him say this, straight from his own mouth, on TV two weeks ago) that they all three had sex with Natalee, that she was a slut and got what she deserved. Those were his words.

.......and he's still walking around as free as a bird.......:o

I think we all need to realize that not every country does it the way the USA does. Please don't kid yourself if you believe that money has nothing to do with this story still being aired on TV. Conway Twitty's son is Beth Holloway's husband. If this happened to my child, I bet it wouldn't still be on CNN every week! Money talks, just ask OJ or Michael Jackson!

People, please do not judge Aruba by what their law enforcement officials do! I've witnessed gross negligence by law enforcement here in our country, so please get off your soap box!!!! This topic has nothing to do with the intent of this message board.

Natalee broke every run in the book of travelling. She got blind drunk, went off with strangers and left her girlfriends without saying where she was going.

She was young and foolish. It is a tragedy. However, do not blame an entire nation/island for the misdeeds of a few. No Natalee's mother was not going to MAKE THAT COUNTRY FIND HER DAUGHTER. That type of self-importance is limited to the shores of the USA.

I feel so bad for her family and have thought up some really crazy things that may have happened to her. We will probably never know. It is so sad.

Why blame an entire nation? I don't get that.:(

Well said. Thanks.

I've read each word posted on this thread, and now I'd like to comment.

How crass can you be? WHO CARES ANYMORE? What a horrible thing to say. Shame on you! And, LadyC, you claim to be an attorney, and you care not about justice?

FYI, one of the Kalpoe brothers DID confess! He said (and I saw him say this, straight from his own mouth, on TV two weeks ago) that they all three had sex with Natalee, that she was a slut and got what she deserved. Those were his words.

.......and he's still walking around as free as a bird.......:o

I don't "claim to be an attorney" . . . I am an attorney and I do care very much about justice but I'm not going to boycott a city, state or island because someone disappeared.

BUT...LadyC, your comment in your last post was that you "couldn't agree more" with CruiseForever. I assume you were agreeing with everything he said in that post? If so, shame on both of you for saying nobody cares about Natalee.

Conway Twitty's son is Beth Holloway's husband.

Cindy, where in the world did you come up with that? I knew Conway Twitty and his first wife Mickey, and they had four children: Michael, Joni, Kathy, and Jimmy - and they all went by Conway's real last name - Jenkins.

Geez.

BUT...LadyC, your comment in your last post was that you "couldn't agree more" with CruiseForever. I assume you were agreeing with everything he said in that post? If so, shame on both of you for saying nobody cares about Natalee.

MsBlue, I probably should just let this thread die a natural death but for whatever reason, I just wanted to say one last thing. I think everyone feels terrible about what has happened to Natalee and all the thousands of kids that disappear every year. All of our hearts go out to Natalee, her parents and all the other families that have lost love ones.

As the mother of a twenty-eight year old single son, were he to just disappear while on vacation . . . especially with all the mystery, confessions, (he did it . . . no, he did it) with not one drop of physical evidence to know who did what (if anything) . . . I would be just as frustrated as Beth. One thing I would not do, however, is blame the people who lived in that state (or, in this case, the Island of Aruba).

Yes, law enforcement botched this investigation from the very beginning . . . as they have in so many other cases (can we all say O.J. Simpson). Was California boycotted when OJ was found not guilty due to a botched investigation?

Life is not like CSI on TV . . . disappearances and yes, even homicides, are not as easy to solve as they are on a sixty minute TV show. It sure as heck would make my job a lot easier. Even in New York and other metropolitan cities . . . places used to things like this . . . many are not always solved. In places like Aruba where things like this almost never happen . . . to have one unsolved disappearanced is no reason to boycott an entire island.

I don't know if the three boys under investigation did anything . . . maybe they did . . . maybe they didn't. Maybe they are just pointing fingers at each other because they are so tired of the media. Whatever . . . until there is some PHYSICAL evidence . . . . it is all hypothetical.

i dont care about her or her family, i dont know them personally! why would someone care about people they dont even know? people lose loved ones everyday and yes while we want everyone to care and be sympathetic, it's not gonna happen. The world is not gonna stop every time someone dies to pay hommage to the family! if that was the case, the earth would never move!

I do feel bad that it happened, but only for a brief second, heck maybe even for the full length of the FIRST news broadcast. she's not the first person ever killed overseas and she will not be the last.

It all probably could have been prevented had her mother used a little common sense and not let her underage daughter go on such a trip. Unfortunately though, people have a bad habit of not practicing common sense, so when things like this happen, they want to blame everyone else but themselves.

Conway Twitty's son is Beth Holloway's husband.

Cindy, where in the world did you come up with that? I knew Conway Twitty and his first wife Mickey, and they had four children: Michael, Joni, Kathy, and Jimmy - and they all went by Conway's real last name - Jenkins.

Geez.

Don't think it matters what name he goes by, the fact that he is Conway Twitty's son means there is money in the family. Course, maybe you have enough money to launch a search for 5 months in a foreign country, but I sure don't!!

Two, you will likely be BLESSED with an absence of outraged American doofuses who would otherwise be ruining your island experience. It's always a good time to travel when something like this happens and you can separate the wheat from the Chaff of the ignorant and ugly American who thinks the world revolves around them and only them. Enjoy yourselves.

May I suggest that you spend some time over on WWW.radioleft.com You will love it filled with folks just like you.

i dont care about her or her family, i dont know them personally! why would someone care about people they dont even know?

OMG. What a pitiful statement! Not caring about your fellow man? What a shame that you have no compassion in your soul.

I read about and see things on TV every day, about people all over the world, and I CARE about these people. MOST of us (thank God) DO care and have feelings for others. You must lead a very unhappy life if you are so self-centered. How sad for you and for those around you.

Just returned from 8 days in lovely Aruba. Thank you Aruba, and the fine people of that lovely island for providing a wonderful vacation. The beaches were great, the food surperb (El Gaucho, and Le Dome were fabulous), Renaissance Island is a great location. Met tens of very happy American's, who felt the same way about Natalee. Which was, "Who Cares" any more, it's an old story, and in fact we didn't meet anyone that believed that the 3 boys were guilty. If one happened to admit sex with her, and all 3, guess that says alot about her upbringing. Talked to many people, who live in Aruba that believe she was aducted and taken off the island. It seems a very reasonable explanation given that nothing there points to a crime, or a crimescene. IMHO not guilty, unless proven.

Loved the whole Aruba experience, that I'm buying a piece this week.

Cruise Forever . . . welcome back. So glad you had a good time in Aruba. I've never been there (one of very few islands in the Caribbean I haven't made it to). I have heard that the island is beaufitul, the people extremely nice and food very good. Maybe one of my cruises in the not to distant future will allow me to visit.

I am glad to hear that the media frenzy regading Natalee Holloway is finally dying down both on the island as well as here. I'm sure it has a lot to do with all the huricanes and natural disasters these past couple of months. One little girl missing in light of the thousands upon thousands of people who have lost their lives and homes have pulled the media away from Aruba. Though Nancy Grace (one of the "talking heads" on CNNH), I'm sure is chagrined to have her "pet story" put on the back burner. Between she and Beth Holloway . . . they have managed to keep this story in the public eye for probably much longer than it should have been.

I do hope the story dies a natural death (as without the media attention . . . I think it is) . . . I hope that Beth and her family (especially her young son) can go on with their life. Hard as I can only imagine it would be to not know what happened to one's child . . . . there does come a time that one has to put it behind and move on. As I've said so many times before . . . Beth's teenage son needs his mother . . . at home. I don't know if Beth is in Aruba or Alabama . . . where-ever she is . . . she needs to start taking care of her son and being there for her husband . . . and realize that Natalee will probably never be found. Love your daughter . . . grieve her loss . . . but pick up the pieces and put your life together.

My very last post on this...

If everyone could just stop and seriously think for one tiny moment - without all the coulda/woulda/shouldas. If it actually happened to YOUR child...

Would you not try to move heaven and earth to find out what really happened? Wouldn't you want a body to bury? Wouldn't you want whomever is responsible to be brought to justice?

MsBlue; I agree w/what you said - I too, am sorry this had to happen, and I would do whatever I could also. But, we are not going to boycott Aruba. As someone said, it was maybe a few people who did wrong by Natalee, not a whole island.

Ms Blue....To set the record straight. I too am sorry about whatever happened to this girl. However having said that I don't think about or wory about every instance of misjustice that has ever ocurred in the world.

One girl from Alabama does not interest me anymore, especially when the rantings of the southern conservatives and the sensationizing of the Fox(lack of news)group keeps this story alive far beyond what should ever be expected. It's time to move on, and when people, "most of whom" have never been to Aruba keep demanding a boycott, it just makes my blood boil.

I just returned from Aruba. I've been there 7 times. There isn't a nicer group of people anywhere in the Caribbean. In fact, the island and it's people are nicer and more pleasant than many that I've met in the states. I would also add that everyone from the states that we met in Aruba were lovely. Most of these tourists were returning vistors from Boston, New York, and Philadelphia, with a few from Kansas City and Chicago.

We didn't expect to meet the Fox(lack of news) group. Why, simple they never visited Aruba before and who cares what they do now.

Archived