How does the Mercury rate with Elite Members?

Sailfish

Since we are sailing as Elite members aboard the Mercury on 10/3/05 (thanks to our Diamond status with Royal Caribbean) I was wondering about about a few of the perks we can look forward to.

I made a point of going to Celebrity's website, and have been reading what other Elite members say about their benefits here at CC. I've come to the conclusion that a lot seems to depend on the ship; how much or little they do for Elite members seems to be up to ship management. I realize that some perks are automatic on every sailing. But things like bottles of wine, flowers, getting an invitation to the captain or officers table, etc. - special little touches - are left up the ship's staff. That's why, I am guessing, on some sailings, Elite mebers report getting these things, while on others, nothing more than the published minimum. I'm not knocking the perks, mind you. I love it that Celebrity (and Royal Caribbean) rewards its most loyal passengers in this way!

I know from sailing other cruise lines, this is more the norm than not. Therefore it is with this understanding that I ask how the Mercury rates in this area compared to other X ships? For example, we have sailed Royal Caribbean enough to know that some perks are better on some ships than others. That won't keep us from returning to those "other" ships. It's just nice to get feedback.

Thanks.

Hi Sailfish! I am Diamond Plus on RCI so am curious about this as well. The perks don't look too special to me but I am spoiled by RCI.

In fact, I am taking a major cruise next year for a milestone birthday and want to sail Jewel for the perks but can get a better rate on Century by $1,000.

I know I will miss the Concierge Lounge a lot, as I used it daily for breakfast and HH.

I guess we'll be finding out!

CG

Hi Sailfish! I am Diamond Plus on RCI so am curious about this as well. The perks don't look too special to me but I am spoiled by RCI.

In fact, I am taking a major cruise next year for a milestone birthday and want to sail Jewel for the perks but can get a better rate on Century by $1,000.

I know I will miss the Concierge Lounge a lot, as I used it daily for breakfast and HH.

I guess we'll be finding out!

CG

I mirror your sentiments! I love Royal Caribbean's perks, including the Concierge Lounge, which encourages us to cruise more often than not with Royal Caribbean. But itinerary is also an important factor, as is pricing. Our upcoming cruse on October 3rd aboard the Mercury is so different than what we usually do, it was a no brainer for us.

But based on what I have been reading about Celebrity, they too take good care of their Elite members. It just varies a little from ship to ship.

Last night I took inventory of my formal clothes - I guess I'll take your recommendation to bring something a little more dressy for formal night, and pack two cocktail dresses for the two informal nights. My husband is not too thrilled that he will have to wear a jacket to dinner three of the five nights, but he just bought a very nice sport jacket just for this purpose, so he has no excuse!!

We booked this cruise so long ago (7 months and four price reductions later), I can't believe it's already here!

Suzi

Archived