11:20 plane departure: can I make it?

jacksmycat

There is a flight that leaves New Orleans on Sunday morning at 1120. Will I have enough time to make it to the airport after debarking the Dream? I plan to use self assist. Thanks.

I will be taking a shuttle from the port to the Holiday Inn in Metairie to get my mom's car and then she would drop me off at the airport or I could take the hotel shuttle to the airport.

Edited by jacksmycat

There is a flight that leaves New Orleans on Sunday morning at 1120. Will I have enough time to make it to the airport after debarking the Dream? I plan to use self assist. Thanks.

I will be taking a shuttle from the port to the Holiday Inn in Metairie to get my mom's car and then she would drop me off at the airport or I could take the hotel shuttle to the airport.

I would never risk trying to take 2 shuttles or even one, with an 11:00am flight out of New Orleans. It would be worth the taxi fare to take you straight to the airport.

We've gotten off the ship as early as 8, but then again there was one time where we've gotten off the ship as late as 10:30.

Self-assist and taxi direct is the only way to go.

Edited by WLHyatt

Can mom handle her luggage for self embark? Then make decision when you get off ship. Depending on where the hotel is located and time you can then make the decision on separate taxis or dropping her at hotel and continue on in taxi. Either way I would budget for taxi . it sounds like you may have a built in plan b if your ship gets in late which is to stay with mom until you can get another flight

Thanks everyone. I really don't want to leave my mom alone at the terminal, but if we get off the ship late I may just have to get a taxi. I hope not. I have never taken a taxi before and it makes me a little anxious.
Taking is taxi is easy and New Orleans is not a city where you need to worry about shady business practices by taxi drivers. You get in, pay the rate and get out at the airport. It is really nothing to be anxious about. If you were in some third world country or places where one needs to negotiate every taxi (Rio de Janeiro, Istanbul, etc) then you might need to worry.

• 1 month later...

The 4 of us will be taking a taxi from airport to port and then from port back to airport.

According to the airport site, there's a fixed rate of "$36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $15.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers."

Do these fixed rates apply from the airport to the port and also from the port back to the airport? Or are they different to/from the port? I couldn't find anything directly referencing the port.

The 4 of us will be taking a taxi from airport to port and then from port back to airport.

According to the airport site, there's a fixed rate of "$36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $15.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers."

Do these fixed rates apply from the airport to the port and also from the port back to the airport? Or are they different to/from the port? I couldn't find anything directly referencing the port.

Same cost to or from