" My Silversea"

aussiechick7

Hi everyone,

My last Silversea cruise was four years ago, but have now booked one for December.

I am pretty sure on my last cruise there was a section that you could fill in with what wine etc. you wanted in your suite, "My Silversea" is new I know but I cant find this now, perhaps it is no longer available, Just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dale.

I couldn't find it either. But frankly, I filled it in 2 years ago and still had to tell the butler what to fill the fridge and bar with. Just plan on doing that again next month. I did make pillow selections :)

Melissa

After a little glitch earlier in the week with Silversea, they established a second passenger account for me when they entered my latest booking, I now have access to the Guest Information section in My Silversea for our upcoming cruise. I actually thought the ability to tell Silversea what pre-stocked beverages you wanted in your cabin disappeared sometime after our 2012 Wind cruise but wasn't sure. Going through My Silversea yesterday I'm absolutely sure now.

I find it's much easier to tell your butler on embarkation what you want in your suite. Usually it's there within an hour.

Agree. Our butler on the Spirit this past June fixed us up almost immediately. We got on the ship around noon and went to our cabin to drop off our carry on bags. Ari showed up immediately and went through the normal greetings, etc., etc. We went off to the Pool Deck for lunch and by the time we go back to our cabin everything we asked for was in place. Until he had to leave the ship because of a family emergency with three or four days left in the cruise he was right on top of everything.

Asking the butler is sufficient for supplying most things. But we do request a couple of things which are not always stocked. By having our TA contact people at SS well in advance we have had no problem. I know that some passengers who have contacted Special Services have been told that they no longer take requests for stocking suites prior to embarkation. So I suppose the TA's may have other contacts at SS. Anyway, it has worked for us.

thanks duct tape for sharing y'alls post embarkation wonderful butler tip.

Having sailed numerous times with Wellseasoned, do understand why he has to have his TA special order grenadine & ginger ale for his daily Shirley Temple beverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi aussiechick7/Dale, so nice to see you posting again. Pls pass our warm regards along to David. Hope y'alls December cruise is terrific. Ida and I are doing well, we look forward to the Silver Muse Maiden voyage in the Spring of 2017--David and you should join us :)

When we arrive, no matter if we are known to the butler, or not, we give an index card with preferences for the fridge. The list also includes other foibles. Works well every time.

Hi there,

we will be taking our 1st SS cruise in November this year,..so everything is new to us. Can you show me an example of things you put on your index card for the butler?

Unfortunately for me, my list includes...no fruit, no chocolate, no afternoon canapés. Isn't that pathetic?!?! I do request certain pillows, ask them to do our room last in the morning, fold certain things on the laundry list, and what we want in the fridge. It is in our "file", they tell me, that I want a feather free room, no duvet, sheets and a blanket. It derails any dissatisfaction on either side. Enjoy!

P.S. Sometimes they even supply the duct tape!

We were surprised on our last voyage that our butler came in to introduce himself and then said "I see that you prefer to have xxx in your cabin and in the past you have requested xxx. Do you want the same for this voyage?" We were impressed. We were also pleased that the F & B manager carefully guarded the bottle of green Chartreuse that we had requested and made sure that we got it when we were on board.

I never thought to request that they not fold certain laundry items. Good suggestion! Thanks DT.