Hapag-Lloyd MS Europa.

English Voyager

On Monday (11/22) there was a documentary about the Europas Beste 2016 event. It´s a 30 min documentary (of course in German). Pretty interesting to see the logistics behind this event (especially as we´ve been onboard watching everything). You can watch it online here. It´s split up in two parts.

steamboats

On Monday (11/22) there was a documentary about the Europas Beste 2016 event. It´s a 30 min documentary (of course in German). Pretty interesting to see the logistics behind this event (especially as we´ve been onboard watching everything). You can watch it online here. It´s split up in two parts.

steamboats

Thank you for the link.

It looked like a logistical nightmare.

I do wonder if a choice of 13 chefs is too much.

As a guest on board how does one choose what to eat from such a dizzying array?

I think I would have overdosed on the Italian ice cream!

Actually we started out with the ice cream :D! We received sort of a map telling us where to find what. It also included the dishes offered. Most was located on deck 8 around the Lido pool. I didn´t eat everything and actually I totally missed the caviar. Maybe because that table was totally overcrowded and I was distracted by the food on the opposite table :rolleyes:. I also didn´t try all of the wines (yes, I did try the von Othegraven and we both decided that the cheaper bottle - 11.50 Euro - did taste us better than the more pricey wine). BTW I didn´t even taste all the food I took photos of :D. We tried the Glenmorangie and the Louis XIII. And also the Grappa Nonino (just bought a bottle of the Amaro).

I did realize that they had power problems. And I was standing at the Sansibar waiting for the chefs to line up for the photo when Stefan passed by saying "I need to take a shower I don´t want to smell like an...". I also remember I tried to get out of the way of the camera team. I recognized some of the other passengers. My DH can be seen in part two holding his "big" camera and taking a photo.

steamboats