transportation from the port to the Spanish steps

Nonnatwo3

Well since you don't post the date or ship you are sailing on, it's going to be difficult to help you.

The best place for this is to join your roll call with others on your specific cruise.

From Civitavecchia onSept 24 the Celebrity Silhouette into Rome to or close to the Spanish steps

Well since you don't post the date or ship you are sailing on, it's going to be difficult to help you.

The best place for this is to join your roll call with others on your specific cruise.

Thanks I am a newbie

Hello is anyone going from the port of Civitavecchia into Rome. We are staying at the Fragrance hotel near the Spanish steps. We would love to share a ride and the cost .

Thank you

Man I will get this right yet, going into Rome is for a couple , whose hotel apparently is very close to the Spanish steps. My husband and I are travelling with a small group and 2 of them are staying in Rome after they get off the Celebrity Silhouette on Sept 24 th. sorry about the confusion

You are quite right,this is the Celebrity Sihouette from Civitavecchia on Sept 24

Looking for 1 young man needing to be going to Fumicino Airport and he needs to be there for 9:00 am. If anyone wants to share. Ride and share the cost please let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Thank you

You are quite right,this is the Celebrity Sihouette from Civitavecchia on Sept 24

Looking for 1 young man needing to be going to Fumicino Airport and he needs to be there for 9:00 am. If anyone wants to share. Ride and share the cost please let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Thank you

I hope that young man has a changeable ticket for his flight and that it is not one that goes nonstop to the US. Getting from the ship to FCO in time for a 9am flight will be a major challenge. There is a reason cruise lines recommend not booking a flight prior to 11am…

I will agree with the others - the best place to look for shared transportation is in the roll call for your cruise. You will have a "captive" audience there.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. At the top of this page, you will see a list of rules for posting in this forum. Here's the one that talks about tour sharing, stating that the best place, in fact the only place, for these kind of posts is on the rollcall for your particular cruise. You will find your fellow cruisers very helpful. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1020637

• 1 month later...

Thank you

9AM! Surely you jest. This man needs to understand that it takes approximately 1 hour go get from the port at Civitavecchia to FCO. The norm is to be at FCO about 3 hours before an International Flight (outside of the EU) and at least 2 hours prior to an EU flight. While we have gambled on 11 am flights (which we do not recommend this to others) a flight prior to 10 is totally nutz! I can think of a long shot way to make that flight, but at best it is high risk.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Man I will get this right yet, going into Rome is for a couple , whose hotel apparently is very close to the Spanish steps. My husband and I are travelling with a small group and 2 of them are staying in Rome after they get off the Celebrity Silhouette on Sept 24 th. sorry about the confusion

You are getting off Celebrity Silhouette on Sept 24, 2016 and we are staying at the Marriott near the Spanish Steps and will be getting onto Celebrity on the 24th 2016. Would love some help, wondering about the train?