calling UK cruisers

sgmn

Hi - I was given this tip in our roll call on a previous cruise.

If you call UK number 01932834243 (think it takes you to foreign call centre) you can buy on board credit for a good rate of exchange. Today I got $500 for £300 - a rate of 1.66. The best rate I could get thru my high street was 1.54.

I got the same rate on my last cruise when the high street rate was 1.50 so it was an even better rate then. If you don't use all the on board credit you can cash it out and get the remaining money refunded in cash on board on your last night.

Regards Sue

Hi - I was given this tip in our roll call on a previous cruise.

If you call UK number 01932834243 (think it takes you to foreign call centre) you can buy on board credit for a good rate of exchange. Today I got $500 for £300 - a rate of 1.66. The best rate I could get thru my high street was 1.54.

I got the same rate on my last cruise when the high street rate was 1.50 so it was an even better rate then. If you don't use all the on board credit you can cash it out and get the remaining money refunded in cash on board on your last night.

Regards Sue

Good tip... what currency is the cash payout? Us$?

Yes I did this for our cruise on anthem this summer - an additional tip is to wait until you board the ship to purchase drinks packages , excursions etc - you are then using the onboard credit you loaded on to your account at a great rate to pay for these items - I worked out what it would have cost me if I had prepaid these items on the website in advance and there was a substantial saving.

Good tip... what currency is the cash payout? Us$?

The cash out on last day of any unused OBC is in USD. Great way to reduce the pain of high prices of drinks!!

And guess its a win win for RCI and us as OBC may encourage people to spend more - on my last cruise I spent money in the spa which I would normally not do

Sue