Charter Music Cruises selling out

Chyna3032

Thank you, Dees! I'm sure that it will be GREAT! Right now, we're looking at the recent email release from SJC, listing the special 'shore excursions with the stars'. We're trying to decide whether to do a tour of Samana (DR) with Candy Dulfer, or doing a culinary tour of St. Thomas with Kirk Whalum! Last year, we did a took a class on Salsa making/Salsa Dancing, hosted by Rick Braun and his lovely wife, in Costa Maya. SEE all the cool things that you have in store, for your first SJC, next year?! 😁 I promise to come back with a report, next month!

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

Thank you, Dees! I'm sure that it will be GREAT! Right now, we're looking at the recent email release from SJC, listing the special 'shore excursions with the stars'. We're trying to decide whether to do a tour of Samana (DR) with Candy Dulfer, or doing a culinary tour of St. Thomas with Kirk Whalum! Last year, we did a took a class on Salsa making/Salsa Dancing, hosted by Rick Braun and his lovely wife, in Costa Maya. SEE all the cool things that you have in store, for your first SJC, next year?! 😁 I promise to come back with a report, next month!

Decisions. Decisions. Everything sounds like sooo much fun and thank you for giving me an idea of what to look forward to as far as excursions because I wasn't sure what to expect since this isn't your ordinary cruise. Hope you have lovely weather and the best of times. Can't wait for the review when you get back. 

• 1 month later...

DeesEscape -- We had a blast on SJC 19.2! It was so good to finally get to see Dave Grusin and Lee Ritenaur perform -- not to mention all of the other great artists. Already looking forward to 20.2. I DID notice a change in the headliners for next years' SJC: they have added Ramsey Lewis & the Urban Knights -- WAHOO! At the risk of 'dating' myself, I grew up listening to the Ramsey Lewis Trio, so this will be a real treat, for me!

23 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

DeesEscape -- We had a blast on SJC 19.2! It was so good to finally get to see Dave Grusin and Lee Ritenaur perform -- not to mention all of the other great artists. Already looking forward to 20.2. I DID notice a change in the headliners for next years' SJC: they have added Ramsey Lewis & the Urban Knights -- WAHOO! At the risk of 'dating' myself, I grew up listening to the Ramsey Lewis Trio, so this will be a real treat, for me!

Hi wwwcriusers! Welcome back! Great to hear you had a blast. I saw where you came home not feeling well and hope you are doing better.

Happy to hear SJC 19.2 was a success. I hate we're losing Randy Crawford but Ramsey Lewis and Maysa are fine by me. Got the hotel booked and am waiting on airfare to open up. 

Question...did you come in the day before and if so did you stay at the SJC hotel or somewhere else? Do you know when they release the name of the hotel they use for SJC cruisers? 

Thanks😁

Edited by DeesEscape

4 hours ago, DeesEscape said:

Hi wwwcriusers! Welcome back! Great to hear you had a blast. I saw where you came home not feeling well and hope you are doing better.

Happy to hear SJC 19.2 was a success. I hate we're losing Randy Crawford but Ramsey Lewis and Maysa are fine by me. Got the hotel booked and am waiting on airfare to open up. 

Question...did you come in the day before and if so did you stay at the SJC hotel or somewhere else? Do you know when they release the name of the hotel they use for SJC cruisers? 

Thanks😁

Dee -- I remember getting info on the SJC hotel -- but have never paid much attention to it. My family has used the Embassy Suites as our Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise hotel, for many years. However, since we have no 'favs' in Miami, I probably should pay more attention to which hotel SJC is designating, next year. I have found the folks at ECP very responsive to cruiser questions. You might want to call them, and find out when that info will be available.

Oh, and re the line-up: I usually search Google & Utube for new artists that I'm not familiar with. The violinist, Vincent Ingala has some nice stuff out there. Aside from Jonathan Butler's lovely wife (on our recent cruise), I have not encountered a lot of violin featured on the recent SJC's. Bottom line: No matter what you're expecting in the way of entertainment -- prepare to be delighted and surprised, by folks you may never have even heard of!

On 3/11/2019 at 5:19 PM, wwcruisers said:

Dee -- I remember getting info on the SJC hotel -- but have never paid much attention to it. My family has used the Embassy Suites as our Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise hotel, for many years. However, since we have no 'favs' in Miami, I probably should pay more attention to which hotel SJC is designating, next year. I have found the folks at ECP very responsive to cruiser questions. You might want to call them, and find out when that info will be available.

Oh, and re the line-up: I usually search Google & Utube for new artists that I'm not familiar with. The violinist, Vincent Ingala has some nice stuff out there. Aside from Jonathan Butler's lovely wife (on our recent cruise), I have not encountered a lot of violin featured on the recent SJC's. Bottom line: No matter what you're expecting in the way of entertainment -- prepare to be delighted and surprised, by folks you may never have even heard of!

Thanks for the recommend to ECP for hotel info. I have actually already booked a room for us at Hampton Inn Downtown Miami at a good price compared to others and it is only about 10 minutes away from the port. I was going to go with the Holiday Inn as it is the "cruisers" hotel in Miami but the reviews weren't really good and it cost more to stay there. I can't even imagine what people are going to be paying in a couple of months just to snag a room...

Thanks for the heads up on Vincent Ingala. I'm going to enjoy every second of every minute of every hour on this adventure. A girls trip to remember. I'll check back in with any other insights you may have as we continue to get closer to our 2020 trips. I'm waiting for ECP to release the videos of this year's sailings. 

2 hours ago, DeesEscape said:

Thanks for the recommend to ECP for hotel info. I have actually already booked a room for us at Hampton Inn Downtown Miami at a good price compared to others and it is only about 10 minutes away from the port. I was going to go with the Holiday Inn as it is the "cruisers" hotel in Miami but the reviews weren't really good and it cost more to stay there. I can't even imagine what people are going to be paying in a couple of months just to snag a room...

Thanks for the heads up on Vincent Ingala. I'm going to enjoy every second of every minute of every hour on this adventure. A girls trip to remember. I'll check back in with any other insights you may have as we continue to get closer to our 2020 trips. I'm waiting for ECP to release the videos of this year's sailings. 

EEK -- I just saw a BIG error, in my post.:classic_blush: Vincent Ingala is indeed performing on our 2020 SJC's -- but he plays the sax! Damien Escobar is the talented jazz violinist that I was referring to. Too MANY talented folks, in one venue!! :classic_wink:

And yeah, on the Miami Hotels, Dee! We've cruised out of Miami several times, but I've never stayed at a pre-cruise hotel that I really loved. Will wait and see who the Smooth Jazz folks pick for 2020. I have heard good things about the Hampton Inn, from other folks, here on CruiseCritic, though.

BTW -- if you think about it, pop over and let me know when the videos for this year pop-up, would you? Once I get the cruise booked, I don't visit the SJC website very often. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, DeesEscape said:

wwcruisers the photos are up on the website but they still haven't posted the videos. Everyone looks to have had a blast!

Thanks Dee! Will pop over and take a look! And, all I can speak to is our sailing (19.2) -- but yes, I can attest to the statement that a blast was had by all! 😎

• Haha 1