Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Bob, we are joining you next year and thoroughly enjoy your daily activity account. How many did you have at the Meet and Greet? Did many officers attend? Did you do a "sail away"?

Hope to get another Golden Circle tour organized so we can experience all this beauty in 2016.

Did your late arrival in previous port affect tours that you know of....especially any private tours? Sorry for all the questions but reading about this cruise can get a person quite anxious for September 2016 to roll around!

Keep up the great commentary....love it!!!:D

All is we'll.....:):)

We had well over 100 attend the Meet and Greet. The ship's officers did not attend as I totally forgot about the invitations. I won't make the same mistake next year. There wasn't a specific organized sail away event that I I was aware of. As far as I know, the late arrival times did not affect the private tours. I do not know of specifics as to if additional arrangements were made however as I did not organize an excursion. The guide we had for the Golden Circle excursion was fantastic. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of doing the GC again in 2016 and using the same guide. I have his information, so I'll keep you posted on next year's thread.

Take Care.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

The guide we had for the Golden Circle excursion was fantastic. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of doing the GC again in 2016 and using the same guide. I have his information, so I'll keep you posted on next year's thread.

Bob

If you do decide to organize a tour with golden circle and your guide...please include us in your group:D. Thank you!!

Thanks for the great review so far. We will be boarding the CB in Quebec 10 days after you leave her in NYC. We are also booked on a B2B in 2016 and the last part of that cruise will be the TA so we are taking notes. We certainly would encourage you to organize the GC tour in Reykjavik so that we can go with you.

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. I tried posting this last night but the internet was totally down throughout the ship. This is last night’s post.

We just returned from a wonderful dinner. The service was also top notch. Before going to dinner I spent some time in Crooners finishing up the 007 Martini collection. Next up is a Lemmon Drop that my T/A told me I had to try.

Right now Holli is getting ready to go to her sister’s cabin to watch a movie. I’m going to hang out on the balcony and watch a movie on my I-Pad. Today, as I stated earlier was a great sea day which is what I really love about cruising. The more sea days in a cruise, the better. I just can’t get enough of them. Tomorrow is another full sea day. I plan to get up a little early and take a bunch of ship pictures. I do this on every cruise so I can later upload them to my flickr page. One thing about the plethora of pictures I take. Several cruises ago, I began to touch them up and organize them into folders on my laptop during the cruise. This saves a bunch of time when I get home so getting them all uploaded to my flickr page is much easier.

Today’s entertainment included A spa showcase at 1300 in the Piazza. Jumari performed in the Piazza at 1415. The afternoon Mutts move was “Now You See Me” at 1500. There was a ring toss game in the Piazza, hosted by the cruise director, at 1515. Following at 1600 in the Piazza was Jumari. Jan Gulbicki took over on the Pianno at 1700. There was a live concert, featuring “Lang Lang” on Mutts at 1700. Jan Gulbicki performed in Crooners. The evening Mutts movie was McFarland USA at 1915 and 2200. In the Princess theater there was a Cabaret show featuring David Austen. The show times were 1915, 2045, and 2215. The Souvenir Trio was in the Piazza at 2100. There was music and dancing in the Explorers lounge from 2230 till closing with the Leal Quintet.

That’s all for now. I just got done taking a bunch of ship pictures for my flickr page. Now I’m off to the gym.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, I'm enjoying your "Live from." I thought Iceland was one of the most fascinating places we'd ever been. I hope you continue to have a great cruise. Give my regards to Holli.

Hi Ann, Iceland was truly amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing it for a second time next September. I will pass on your regards to Holli and I'm sure you and Al will have a wonderful cruise on the Odyssey in a short 18 days.....:):):)

Bob

We had well over 100 attend the Meet and Greet. The guide we had for the Golden Circle excursion was fantastic. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of doing the GC again in 2016 and using the same guide. I have his information, so I'll keep you posted on next year's thread.

Bob

Bob, if you decide to do the GC Tour next year, count George and I in as welL. Am enjoying reading your posts.

Berni

Bob, if you decide to do the GC Tour next year, count George and I in as welL. Am enjoying reading your posts.

Berni

Berni;

Will do:). As soon as I get home, My priority is to get back into the swing of things at work (drat I'm not retired yet) and to put this cruise to bed (finish scanning the patters and uploading them along with my pictures to my flickr site and writing the review). As soon as that's done, I'll start some planning for next year's cruise and also start doing some much needed updates for the spreadsheet.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi Ann, Iceland was truly amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing it for a second time next September. I will pass on your regards to Holli and I'm sure you and Al will have a wonderful cruise on the Odyssey in a short 18 days.....:):):)

Bob

I know we will. We leave shortly after you get home and I'll be keeping my blog if the internet cooperates.

Berni;

Will do:). As soon as I get home, My priority is to get back into the swing of things at work (drat I'm not retired yet) and to put this cruise to bed (finish scanning the patters and uploading them along with my pictures to my flickr site and writing the review). As soon as that's done, I'll start some planning for next year's cruise and also start doing some much needed updates for the spreadsheet.....:):):)

Bob

You're actually going to let "work" interfere with planning for a cruise? How dreadful.:)

We had well over 100 attend the Meet and Greet. The ship's officers did not attend as I totally forgot about the invitations. I won't make the same mistake next year. There wasn't a specific organized sail away event that I I was aware of. As far as I know, the late arrival times did not affect the private tours. I do not know of specifics as to if additional arrangements were made however as I did not organize an excursion. The guide we had for the Golden Circle excursion was fantastic. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of doing the GC again in 2016 and using the same guide. I have his information, so I'll keep you posted on next year's thread.

Bob

Bob,

Please include Lew and I for the Golden Circle Tour next year. Thank you.

Marilyn

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. Today is our third full day of four at sea as we head to St. John's Newfoundland. Last night was anther great dinner in the Palm dining room. Our wait staff (including the head waiter) continue to shine.. After dinner we returned to the cabin where I promptly fell asleep for the evening:D.

Just got done with breakfast and after I let it digest a bit, I'll be headed to the gym. After that I'll be headed to get some CB specific souvenirs from the shops. Lastly, I'll do some laundry before dinner and begin to think about where I'm going to find the room to pack all that we've acquired on this wonderful cruise. Not much else to say now so I'll sign off and post again this afternoon. Right now the sky's are for partly cloudy and the temps are a little on the chilly side due to the slight breeze. Seas are for the most part calm.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. Today is our third full day of four at sea as we head to St. John's Newfoundland. Last night was anther great dinner in the Palm dining room. Our wait staff (including the head waiter) continue to shine.. After dinner we returned to the cabin where I promptly fell asleep for the evening:D.

Just got done with breakfast and after I let it digest a bit, I'll be headed to the gym. After that I'll be headed to get some CB specific souvenirs from the shops. Lastly, I'll do some laundry before dinner and begin to think about where I'm going to find the room to pack all that we've acquired on this wonderful cruise. Not much else to say now so I'll sign off and post again this afternoon. Right now the sky's are for partly cloudy and the temps are a little on the chilly side due to the slight breeze. Seas are for the most part calm.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, I have enjoyed reading all your posts so far. Definitely warm jackets will be needed for our 2016 cruise. :eek:

St. John is a quaint little town, nice place to relax. We have been there several times. Anxious to hear your opinion.

Keep us posted.....

Yes, all is well....😀😀

Hi Bob,

We'll be with you on the Iceland cruise next year. Were supposed to be with this year but had to cancel at the last minute.

Were the Northern Lights ever visible during the cruise, and if so, how did the dial around work out to notify everyone?

We have not yet booked any excursions on next September's cruise and would be happy to join you on a Golden Circle tour. You probably already have more than enough for the tour, so if someone else is also organizing this tour, count us in.

We really appreciate your unselfishness in providing so much feedback, and especially in maintaining the spreadsheet.

Barbara and Sandy

Hi Bob,

We'll be with you on the Iceland cruise next year. Were supposed to be with this year but had to cancel at the last minute.

Were the Northern Lights ever visible during the cruise, and if so, how did the dial around work out to notify everyone?

We have not yet booked any excursions on next September's cruise and would be happy to join you on a Golden Circle tour. You probably already have more than enough for the tour, so if someone else is also organizing this tour, count us in.

We really appreciate your unselfishness in providing so much feedback, and especially in maintaining the spreadsheet.

Barbara and Sandy

People said they say the lights, but unfortunately, I did not. Thanks also for the kind words. When I get home and after a few days of settling in at work (drat) I'll put some work into next year's spreadsheet. There are probably a number of updates that need to be done.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've been enjoying your thread. I feel like there is a cliff hanger unresolved. Have you gone back to Sabatini's again after the bad service the other day? I notice you did go to the HC one morning for breakfast and enjoyed it there.

Sorry to be nosy like this.

Good evening all from the Caribbean Princess. We are enjoying a nice day at sea. A little while ago the Captain came on the PA system and advised that we'd be skipping St. John's Newfoundland due to high winds associated with an approaching Storm off the coast of Newfoundland. We have an extra day at sea and are now due to dock in Halifax at 2000 on Friday. We will overnight in Halifax and depart on Saturday at the normally scheduled time. Oh well. At least we'll have a chance next year to see what we will miss this year.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G