bring your own towels.

MikeyM

They will provide towels, but if you want to bring your own, be my guest.

They won't get washed for a week, you know. :eek:

Of course, you're just pulling our collective leg, aren't you? "While I go to Bingo." uh huh.

Edited by Merion_Mom

They will provide towels, but if you want to bring your own, be my guest.

They won't get washed for a week, you know. :eek:

Of course, you're just pulling our collective leg, aren't you? "While I go to Bingo." uh huh.

I don't follow. My logic is that I can easily find my chair. Thought it was a clever way to know where I am.

I thought the boats have a laundry service? I'm going on Liberty of the seas soon. Is that not the case?

Rereading this, its a bit ridiculous that you would say this. Go look at my past posts. I'm clearly just looking for answers.

Edited by MikeyM

The poolboy will take away as you have more than 30 minutes not occupying the chair. Its not allowed to reserve chairs and go away

Thanks for the info. Do you think I will be able to get my towels back incase they take them? I don't plan on leaving them alone for too long maybe a hour or two.

Edited by MikeyM

Thanks for the info. Do you think I will be able to get my towels back incase they take them? I don't plan on leaving them alone for too long maybe a hour or two.

I think you're "fishing" :rolleyes:

As has been said you cannot leave for more than 1/2 hour. To reserve a chair for longer than this is called chair hogging - your towel is taking up a lounge chair that another guest could use. This is rightfully regarded as extremely rude and Royal has signs up stating it is not allowed. The staff will take your towel and I don't see any chance that you would get it back.

As has been said you cannot leave for more than 1/2 hour. To reserve a chair for longer than this is called chair hogging - your towel is taking up a lounge chair that another guest could use. This is rightfully regarded as extremely rude and Royal has signs up stating it is not allowed. The staff will take your towel and I don't see any chance that you would get it back.

Thank you for a honest answer. I don't want to be rude to anyone, but is it really the standard of 1/2 hour? I plan on waking up early to grab a spot. I get taking a chair for the whole day, but leaving for a hour or two while I do something onboard seems very extreme.

Thank you for a honest answer. I don't want to be rude to anyone, but is it really the standard of 1/2 hour? I plan on waking up early to grab a spot. I get taking a chair for the whole day, but leaving for a hour or two while I do something onboard seems very extreme.

They aren't counting to the minute but much more than 1/2 hour, yes you will lose your spot. Especially if you're in prime real estate next to a pool. There are thousands of other guests that could be using it for the hour or two that you're away. If it's more remote, say on a higher deck, then it's likely you will have a bit more leeway but I still wouldn't think 2 hours.

I don't want to be rude to anyone, but is it really the standard of 1/2 hour?

Maybe you don't want to be rude! but selfish yes, if you expect your towel to reserve your chair for up 2 hours while you go and do other things and everybody else cant get a chair around the pool.

Sorry to be blunt but that is how I see it

Edited by tonkie

Again, go look at my older posts. Shame you judge so fast without knowing who you are talking too.

I don't feel the need to "go and look up" all your other posts.

As others have said it is considered Rude to walk away from the pool area for more than 30 minutes and have a towel holding your chair. If you walk to the bar, leave for the restroom or maybe an ice cream that should not take more than 15 mins or so. If you go swimming , just check for the pool person every now and then and let them know you are still in the water.

Go To Bingo?!?!? are you kidding us? This is not a public beach. Yes, it is a public area on the ship. Liberty of the Seas holds OVER 3600 passengers and only has 10 Pools & Whirlpools.... you do the math. Granted not everybody is out by the pool but that is why you can not walk away for a few hours and hold a chair...

To answer a previous question of yours, RCCL does NOT have a self serve laundry, you can send your laundry out and have it back next day for a fee.

Again, go look at my older posts. Shame you judge so fast without knowing who you are talking too.

No "need" to "look up" your other 24 posts to respond. You ask a question on a forum and you'll get lot's of different responses...Sorry but that's the way it works.

And if you do decide to bring your own easy to spot towels...you'll have no trouble finding them in the confiscated/lost items area they keep at the towel station when you get back from Bingo ;)

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Ashland

Hello All,

Can I bring my own towels on board? I have some bright ones and think it would be a great way to know what chairs are mine after I go to bingo and such.

Well Mikey; firstly you need to make sure you know the pre-existing colour of the cruise lines towels. If this is the same as yours you might end up doing a lot of searching through dirty towels to retrieve your own. So make sure they do not clash as on top of this you wont be able to find your lounger again either.

Secondly this is a great idea and very helpful to fellow passengers in relocating their loungers where they have selected one mid run on a long straight row. When you need them laundered you just need to tick "other" and write in "towel", you will get a special price rate on an unlisted item. They will number tag your towels with things called "Laundry labels" so you can later list all your towels in file and record which specific towels you took on which ship, over the years building up a useful archive to leave for future generations of your family.

If anyone on board asks why you are doing this say "I don't know there are absolutely no benefits to it" because if everyone gets on to this idea it will defeat the concept with a myriad of colours appearing on all the different loungers so you will lose out big time on your bright towels investment.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

If you're gone for two hours it might be the ship staff who makes your towels disappear, or another guest.

Edited by bouhunter

Leaving them for "an hour or two" is quite extreme, and would make you a chair hog. You don't get to "reserve" lounge chairs for hours while you go off to play bingo or whatever else. You've been told the rules, yet you keep pushing back. Makes me wonder why.

Having just sailed the Oasis earlier this month, I must say the pool attendant did make her presence known, by walking around and checking on areas frequently.

But.

We were sitting on the edge of the pool that has the chairs and umbrellas, and on our last day (sunny crowded) there were 4 chairs on both sides of an umbrella with towels on the lounger and folded up for over 3 hours.

We arrived at the pool at 8:30, got two chairs and either rested on them or sat at the waters edge.

We personally observed the attendant look at these chairs, but did nothing.

I am sure if someone would have said something she would have taken action.

About 11 am the party of 2 arrived and shortly after two more people.

They were able to save prime area for 3 hours.

Also, that day for being in the Caribbean that pool was the coldest I could ever remember????

Sea ya

Edited by Lionesss

No "need" to "look up" your other 24 posts to respond. You ask a question on a forum and you'll get lot's of different responses...Sorry but that's the way it works.

And if you do decide to bring your own easy to spot towels...you'll have no trouble finding them in the confiscated/lost items area they keep at the towel station when you get back from Bingo ;)

Enjoy your cruise.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I told the other poster to look up my older posts because she said I was "pulling her leg".

I honestly don't see what the big deal here is. If I get up early and reserve a spot it's mine. If I goto the beach and pick a spot the same logic would apply.

Well Mikey; firstly you need to make sure you know the pre-existing colour of the cruise lines towels. If this is the same as yours you might end up doing a lot of searching through dirty towels to retrieve your own. So make sure they do not clash as on top of this you wont be able to find your lounger again either.

Secondly this is a great idea and very helpful to fellow passengers in relocating their loungers where they have selected one mid run on a long straight row. When you need them laundered you just need to tick "other" and write in "towel", you will get a special price rate on an unlisted item. They will number tag your towels with things called "Laundry labels" so you can later list all your towels in file and record which specific towels you took on which ship, over the years building up a useful archive to leave for future generations of your family.

If anyone on board asks why you are doing this say "I don't know there are absolutely no benefits to it" because if everyone gets on to this idea it will defeat the concept with a myriad of colours appearing on all the different loungers so you will lose out big time on your bright towels investment.

Regards John

Even though you are mocking me, I enjoyed reading your post :)

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I told the other poster to look up my older posts because she said I was "pulling her leg".

I honestly don't see what the big deal here is. If I get up early and reserve a spot it's mine. If I goto the beach and pick a spot the same logic would apply.

You're right. The spot is yours for as long as you're in the pool area. It's not yours anymore if you leave for several hours to do some other activity.

Edited by pharaoh