Solarium Bistro at night on Oasis

BillOh

For anyone who has been on Oasis before, What is the Solarium Bistro like for dinner? Is it a Free or Pay restaurant? I've been to the Samba Grill on Allure, but don't know about what happens here on Oasis at night.

I originally posted in my roll call then realized this might be another good place to ask.

For anyone who has been on Oasis before, What is the Solarium Bistro like for dinner? Is it a Free or Pay restaurant? I've been to the Samba Grill on Allure, but don't know about what happens here on Oasis at night.

I originally posted in my roll call then realized this might be another good place to ask.

Pay restaurant at night:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

I think it might still be $20pp.

Thanks Bob, I guess they try to keep the healthier theme for dinner too. I saw "creamless cream corn" and had to think about that a little bit. Maybe they should offer Cornless, creamless, Cream corn. I've eaten a light breakfast at the Bistro before, but I can't forgive them for the crime against humanity, "turkey bacon"

I might try Sabor for diner instead. I'll do my 20 miles per week on the track to make up for it.

Thanks Bob, I guess they try to keep the healthier theme for dinner too. I saw "creamless cream corn" and had to think about that a little bit. Maybe they should offer Cornless, creamless, Cream corn. I've eaten a light breakfast at the Bistro before, but I can't forgive them for the crime against humanity, "turkey bacon"

I might try Sabor for diner instead. I'll do my 20 miles per week on the track to make up for it.

We are going on Oasis soon, and I was happy to see that they kept Solarium Bistro, instead of changing it to Samba Grill as they did on Allure. It's one of the restaurants on our list to try.

I agree completely about the turkey bacon.:eek:

We ate there twice on our Oasis cruise. DH loved the bison so much he had it both times. It is very quiet with very nice ambiance - "candles" in large holders and ambient lighting. The staff was amazing. We only ate at specialty spots each night and Solarium Bistro was the only double up.

Btw: I had that dish and it was quite good. Didn't notice the - yuck - turkey bacon at all.

We ate there twice on our Oasis cruise. DH loved the bison so much he had it both times. It is very quiet with very nice ambiance - "candles" in large holders and ambient lighting. The staff was amazing. We only ate at specialty spots each night and Solarium Bistro was the only double up.

Btw: I had that dish and it was quite good. Didn't notice the - yuck - turkey bacon at all.

Thanks for the bison idea, might have to try that.:)

Do you recall if the price was still $20?

Edited by clarea

We haven't eaten there so I can't speak to the food, but it looks like they do a decent job of converting it to a romantic like setting.

We do love eating there for breakfast everyday and appreciate the healthier options. My family (DH and kids ages 8 & 10) even like the turkey bacon. For me, it's too limp so I skip it.

In case I wasn't clear, the Turkey Bacon is at breakfast. Whenever I think of it, I remember back to the early 60s in grade school they would hand out new tablets every 9 weeks. The cardboard on the back reminded me of this turkey bacon!

We eat at the SB at least for dinner twice every time we daily Oasis. Yes, still $20pp. Excellent food selection, don't let the "healthier " options turn you off. The ahi tuna is fantastic, pumpkin soup, salad selection is eclectic and delicious - the one with the poached warm egg on top is my favorite! Bison, duck, chicken, fish, etc all for entrees - just prepared in very different ways than a typical ship restaurant. We love the low key romantic atmosphere, the dessert buffet is wonderful, and service has always been great.

We eat at the SB at least for dinner twice every time we daily Oasis. Yes, still $20pp. Excellent food selection, don't let the "healthier " options turn you off. The ahi tuna is fantastic, pumpkin soup, salad selection is eclectic and delicious - the one with the poached warm egg on top is my favorite! Bison, duck, chicken, fish, etc all for entrees - just prepared in very different ways than a typical ship restaurant. We love the low key romantic atmosphere, the dessert buffet is wonderful, and service has always been great.

Thanks for the recommendations, getting hungry now.:)

Solarium Bistro at night is one of my favorite specialty restaurants across all the cruise lines I've sailed...not because of the food, but because of the venue itself. The atmosphere in the dimly lit solarium at night is really nice.

And oh yeah, try the Bison. It's excellent.

Solarium Bistro at night is one of my favorite specialty restaurants across all the cruise lines I've sailed...not because of the food, but because of the venue itself. The atmosphere in the dimly lit solarium at night is really nice.

I've always admired the atmosphere at SB, but the menu has thrown us a little bit. After reading all this and other posts, we may change plans a bit and give it a try! Sounding better and better!

Wow, I'm sold. I need to try this.

Dimly lit, if your looking for that, you have to schedule properly. On our first Allure cruise I booked Samba Grill for 7pm on a night where the ship was sailing westward. I couldn't wait for the sun to set so I could see my wife again. The sun was blinding.

We have eaten dinner there twice, both times on a formal night. I would describe the food as unique and healthy. By unique, I mean that chicken, tuna, bison, etc. is prepared differently than what I would do at home. Dh loved the bison and the tuna. I had chicken and it was ok. Desserts were served on a buffet style table in the middle of the room and feature fresh fruits, yogurt, and other healthy options including some cookies filled with dates and nuts.

The atmosphere is quiet and refined with white tablecloths and the chairs have white chair covers such as those you would find at a wedding reception. Children are expected to be well behaved because we saw the maitre'd correct a 5 year old by asking him to please sit at the table with his parents. He was up walking around and the parents were not paying attention to him. Overall, the dinner took about 2 hours so bear that in mind if you are taking young children.

Went to Solarium Bistro earlier this week and the bison is still an option. We were told that it was unavailable for a while, but is back now. We liked the restaurant so much, we will go one more time before the end of the cruise.

Went to Solarium Bistro earlier this week and the bison is still an option. We were told that it was unavailable for a while, but is back now. We liked the restaurant so much, we will go one more time before the end of the cruise.

Oh nice. I don't think we are going to be able to squeeze it in this week. :(