5 Best Azamara Club Cruise Tips

LauraS

• 1 month later...

I think most of the luxury cruisers here would not consider AZ a luxury line and I understand why after sailing AZ, Crystal & Seabourn. We love AZ and have 2 more crossings booked, but it's not at the same level as Crystal and Seabourn. Alas, several things are missing.

Not sure why CC seems to think Azamara is LUXURY. They constantly include it in this section making the section useless to anyone seeking information on luxury lines.

Don't you think useless is a little strong? Look at the top of this thread and you will see the lines that the powers that be at Cruise Critic consider luxury for purposes of posting on this board. Their site, their rules.

I think most of the luxury cruisers here would not consider AZ a luxury line and I understand why after sailing AZ, Crystal & Seabourn. We love AZ and have 2 more crossings booked, but it's not at the same level as Crystal and Seabourn. Alas, several things are missing.

I have never sailed AZ but am interested in learning more. Which things, specifically, are "missing?" Quality food and/or service, cabin space, seating space in public rooms, or what, especially compared with SS, Regent, SB, or Hapag-Lloyd?

Thanks in advance.

Rating Azamara a Luxury Cruise Line is as questionable as voting Crystal 'Best Cruise Line for Luxury.'

Agree that we need to respect Cruise Critic's rules. On the other hand, I do not feel that Azamara, Oceania or Viking Ocean consider themselves to be luxury cruise lines. Actually, I know as a fact that the CEO of Oceania does not consider it to be a luxury cruise line. These three premium-plus cruise lines are in direct competition with each other - not the established luxury lines (just my opinion).

Edited by Travelcat2

It's pointless to keep arguing that Oceania, Azamara, Viking are not luxury lines. For some reason the powers that be on CC consider them luxury products and they will not change their minds. I guess they consider a Hilton a luxury hotel too.

I have never sailed AZ but am interested in learning more. Which things, specifically, are "missing?" Quality food and/or service, cabin space, seating space in public rooms, or what, especially compared with SS, Regent, SB, or Hapag-Lloyd?

Thanks in advance.

Good Evening Catlover: First I reiterate that we love AZ and have booked future travel on the line. We think the food is excellent in all ship venues and we love the all-inclusive service. It's also a good buy, reasonable less expensive than Crystal or Seabourn. However I believe that AZ is able to achieve that economy of scale by filling the ship with cabins and passengers. It's much more crowded than the comparable sized-ships of Seabourn. Very few public spaces and they are often filled. And there are few activities on board, so one must content oneself with the sea and ones own hobbies. But very good service and excellent cuisine. Give AZ a try and see for yourself!

AZ is on;y reasonably less expensive than SB or SS if you book on elf their small cabins. In order to approximate the suite you get on the luxury lines you have to book a Club Continent suite and then the price difference evaporates.

AZ is on;y reasonably less expensive than SB or SS if you book on elf their small cabins. In order to approximate the suite you get on the luxury lines you have to book a Club Continent suite and then the price difference evaporates.

Excellent point, Wripro!