Spain Day Tours??

spinsbabe

• 3 years later...

We used Spain Day Tours last October for 4  separate tours during our cruise( Barcelona, Malaga, Alhambra, and Tenerife).  Each tour was absolutely fantastic!  Also their communication before the cruise was top notch.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, SoccerMom#3 said:

We used Spain Day Tours last October for 4  separate tours during our cruise( Barcelona, Malaga, Alhambra, and Tenerife).  Each tour was absolutely fantastic!  Also their communication before the cruise was top notch.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours.

I am using them for 5 tours in May.  Can you tell me how the Alhambra tour was?  When I tried to book this tour originally it was sold out but then then emailed me and  said there was a spot.  I grabbed it as I heard it was a must see.  I hope that is correct as it was pretty expensive.

3 hours ago, robin13 said:

I am using them for 5 tours in May.  Can you tell me how the Alhambra tour was?  When I tried to book this tour originally it was sold out but then then emailed me and  said there was a spot.  I grabbed it as I heard it was a must see.  I hope that is correct as it was pretty expensive.

It's a long day but well worth it! Our ship (Celebrity Reflection) was in Malaga so Spain Day tours met us (there were about 4 vans full of about 12-15 people each from our ship).  Each van had a tour guide as well as a driver.  We drove through Malaga to Alhambra (about and hour and a half to two hours).  At Alhambra each group was met by an individual  tour guide specifically for Alhambra who took us through Alhambra.  It was nice being in a small group. After the tour, we had time to grab a quick lunch at Alhambra and then we got back on the van to drive back to Malaga in plenty of time before the ship was scheduled to leave the port.

Our van driver and tour guide were great!  Lots of stories, history,  and info about the areas we were driving through.  Our tour guide at Alhambra was excellent too.  Very informative, personable.  

Alhambra is definitely a must see-well worth the money.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

It's a long day but well worth it! Our ship (Celebrity Reflection) was in Malaga so Spain Day tours met us (there were about 4 vans full of about 12-15 people each from our ship).  Each van had a tour guide as well as a driver.  We drove through Malaga to Alhambra (about and hour and a half to two hours).  At Alhambra each group was met by an individual  tour guide specifically for Alhambra who took us through Alhambra.  It was nice being in a small group. After the tour, we had time to grab a quick lunch at Alhambra and then we got back on the van to drive back to Malaga in plenty of time before the ship was scheduled to leave the port.

Our van driver and tour guide were great!  Lots of stories, history,  and info about the areas we were driving through.  Our tour guide at Alhambra was excellent too.  Very informative, personable.  

Alhambra is definitely a must see-well worth the money.

So glad to hear this as I almost didn't do it.  Thanks for responding so fast.

• 1 month later...

We just completed two tours with Spain Day Tours.  Here are the excepts from my log:

Friday, April 26, 2019 – Alicante, Spain

The meeting time for our tour is 8:45.  We watched the docking process from our balcony and then went to meet our group.  The ship was cleared and off we went.  Our tour was with Spain day tours with our guide David and driver Juan Carlos.  First we drove to the historic center of Alicante (not very far).  We visited the cathedral and the town hall.  David took us over to the seaside promenade and introduced us to the specialty Alicante ice cream flavor which is honey and almond.  We had just enough free time to walk down the promenade to the first leather merchant where I was able to obtain a ratchet style belt for 12 euros.

Back to the van we were off to Guadalest in the mountains.  It is about a 1 hr. drive mostly along the coast before crossing a mountain range.  Guadalest is very photogenic being set among the hills.  Leather and chocolate is produced locally and could be purchased, although we did not find anything that could not be passed up.  One of the shops had purses at very good prices (at least so we thought).  We returned to the van and headed back to Alicante to visit the castle.  We certainly got our exercise climbing from the mini-bus parking area up to the top of the castle.  This was a crystal clear day and being able to see everything around for many miles was quite a treat.  No one will believe the photos were not enhanced as the color of the sea is just stunning.

Back at the van at 3:30 and David and Juan Carlos had us back at the ship before 4:00 for our 4:30 all-aboard. 

Saturday, April 27, 2019 – Malaga, Spain

We met our cruise critic group for our tour with Spain Day Tours to Granada and the Alhambra.

This was a really great tour.  We had plenty of time for our guided tour of the Alhambra and the gardens.  We really enjoyed hearing of the 800 year history of the palace and fortress.  From the Alhambra we were taken into Granada and had 90 minutes of free time.  Our guide showed us where the department store and supermarket was, along with a variety of tapa bars.

DW wanted shoes as her dress shoes were not working.  We were successful in finding shoes.  We then picked up a few apples and some local chocolate at a supermarket.  The apples were “Lunch.”  All too soon our 90 minutes were over and everyone was back on the bus.  We returned to the port just after 6:30.

All in all this was an exceptional day !

Spain Day Tours without hesitation. Made it easy as an organizer to put together a small group tour Cadiz to Seville. I used the Roll Call and what I didn't recruit they supplemented with  private inquiries from our ship not familiar with CC. We had an English speaking bus host who made the 1.5 hour each way while away easily. As promised they split us up into groups of 8-10 - each assigned a city guide. Given headsets - plenty of time in Alcazar, Santa Cruz Barrio, World Fair site incl Plaza d' Espana. Plenty of alone time too to wander, have lunch, enter Cathedral etc. No problem getting back to ship with plenty of time. Long 8.5 hour day but very enjoyable 

• Like 1

We just returned from our two cruises and I put together two different tour groups--- one to tour  Palma Mallorca and one for  Valencia, Spain!  I've used Spain Day Tours for our tours the past 4 years and have never ever had a bad experience.  They are (in my opinion) the best tour company in Spain.  Their prices are excellent and the guides they provide are always very knowledgeable.   I never worry that we'll be late getting back to the ship since they always have us back with more than enough time to spare but we still get a great tour.  Their email responses are always prompt.  I will continue to use this company any time they offer tours for an area we will be in.  

• Like 1

I just returned from my TA and I have to say that Spain Day Tours did not disappoint.  They had the most knowledgeable tour guides who were very friendly and their mode of transportation was very clean and comfortable.  If I am ever in Spain again I would not hesitate to book them at all.

We were on a Transatlantic last year and used Spain Day Tours for a full-day tour of Seville and the Alcazar. 

We had such a great experience, we booked them again for tours in Cartagena and Palma, Mallorca during our recent Transatlantic in April/May 2019.

Spain Day is organized and responsive, and we had no problem finding our tour bus when exiting the ship.  Each tour guide we had has been informative and personable and, most importantly for those of us who do not speak Spanish, very understandable. The bus drivers are competent and attentive, the vehicles clean and comfortable, and the tours are amazing.

We would recommend Spain Day to anyone considering their services.

Just returned from a 15-Day Spanish Passage TA on the Emerald Princess.  We used Spain Day Tours for private excursions in Seville and Malaga.  We had used them on prior TAs and felt very confident in the services they provide.  We docked in Cadiz and the tour operators we're waiting outside the terminal for us to take us on our excursion to Seville and tour of the Alcazar.  They are very organized, prompt, and dependable.  We also used their services on our port call to Malaga where again they were waiting outside the terminal for us and our tour to Granada to visit the Alhambra.

I highly recommend their tour company on any visit to Spain!!!!

They are great!  Emerald Princess TA 5/19

Cadiz to Seville & Malaga to Granada from port- Debbie was a terrific source of interesting information while we were in transit on the bus. The city guides were both terrific!!! We admire the way the guides threaded the group through the sites and stayed on schedule too! Keeping everyone together while exceeding their needs is quite a talent!

We used Spain Day Tours five years ago for a tour of Fatima and again in early May of 2019 for a tour of Lisbon.  Both times we had excellent tour guides who made the most of the time we had in port.  This year we did a small group tour of Lisbon for four hours and it was filled to the brim with information and touring.  Our driver was superb and our guide was top notch.  They even bought local pastries for our group of 12!  I would highly recommend this tour company and had a wonderful experience working with the staff online to arrange this trip.  When we next visit Spain and Portugal we will be sure to book Spain Day Tours!

Figgy1, may I ask which tour you did in Lisbon and why you chose not to do the full day tour? We’re on an Iberian peninsula cruise next May and I’m exploring options.

Our other ports are in Spain and maybe I’ll go with Spain Day Tours for all the ports...

Thanks in advance 😊

We used Spain Day in two of our ports on a recent cruise: Emerald Princess: Fll to Rome.

They were a great service. On time, reasonable cost and great guides. Easy to use and prompt response by email with any questions you may have!

Anybody  do their Montserrat /cava tour out of Barcelona?    Considering that one

before our Oceania cruise. We want to get to a wine region

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We used spaindaytours.com on  4 occasion and recommend them highly. We are taking a cruise in October and will use them again in Palma. They are professional, reply quickly to emails, always on time, and their prices are fair. I wish every country had a company like them for cruise excursions. 

• Like 1

Just wondering.....i saw the site for Spain Day Tours and Barcelona Day Tours. Everything on Barcelona region was identical on both sites.  Is BDT part of SDT ?

We used Spain Day Tours for a full day tour of Lisbon, Sintra and Estoril.  Their service, pricing and professionalism was outstanding.  The guide met us at the port and it was a full day of touring.  Our group was small (less than 20), the guide was fluent in English, the bus was modern and comfortable.  There was a great deal of walking on this tour but we were all notified of the amount of walking when we signed up for the tour.  Although your contact with them is through email, their service response time was excellent.  All questions answered in a timely manner.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1