Spain Day Tours??

spinsbabe

On 6/2/2019 at 11:09 AM, Mrs f. said:

Anybody  do their Montserrat /cava tour out of Barcelona?    Considering that one

before our Oceania cruise. We want to get to a wine region

We have it booked for next week through Spain Day Tours.  My communication with them has been excellent.  They are very prompt. 

On 6/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mrs f. said:

Just wondering.....i saw the site for Spain Day Tours and Barcelona Day Tours. Everything on Barcelona region was identical on both sites.  Is BDT part of SDT ?

I believe they are the same.  Also affiliated with Italy Day Tours 

22 minutes ago, TBarneyWC said:

We have it booked for next week through Spain Day Tours.  My communication with them has been excellent.  They are very prompt. 

Can you give me some feedback on  your excursion afterwards? Thanks so much.

Miriam 

We used Spain Day Tours for a Half Day Tour in Valencia and a full day tour, Cadiz to Seville.  I would give them 5 stars plus!  They are the best tour company I have ever dealt with.  Customer service was the best.  Emilia, the person I was in contact with, is a pleasure.  Always getting back to me promptly and always took the time to answer all of my questions.  The tour guides were great and we enjoyed our tours very much.  I would highly recommend Spain Day Tours.

• Like 1

We used Spain Day Tours in our recent trip to Spain and Portugal.  I am inserting the letter I wrote to them on our return to the States.  When you read my letter you will see that we loved this company

Dear Rea,

I am so glad I have this opportunity to respond to you about our experiences with Spain Day Tours.  In one word FANTASTIC!  We have never dealt with a more professional travel company in all of our years of travel and we do a great deal of traveling.  Your entire system from the first request for information to our very last drop off was beyond any we have ever experienced.  I love the idea we could actually talk to someone when we were setting up our trip who worked with us to adjust our trips to our particular needs.  Dory could not have been more helpful in providing information, offering suggestions, helping with all the logistics and tailoring the trip to our needs. If we sent her an e-mail with a question or we needed to make adjustments she answered almost immediately and if she needed to check with your other departments she let us know and got us an answer within a day or two.
  Every transfer driver we had was on time, professional, and pleasant to talk with particularly the young man who did our longest transfer from Lisbon to Porto.  We never had to worry if someone would be there for us.
  We did two private all day tours and both our guide in Barcelona and our guide in Lisbon were wonderful. They were knowledgeable, pleasant, made sure the pace of the tour fit our needs as slow walkers and in the case case of Carlos in Lisbon, funny.  We also did two small group tours while we were on our cruise and both of these were also wonderful.
   You have a wonderful company and you should be very proud of your service and particularly the people who work for you.

Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, Mrs f. said:

Can you give me some feedback on  your excursion afterwards? Thanks so much.

Miriam 

Everything ran smoothly with Spain Day Tours.   They answer emails promptly, no matter the time of day.  They have answered all of my questions.... I had many 🙂 I felt extremely comfortable working with them.  It is hard to know what to expect when working with someone unknown in a different country.  I always felt comfortable and trusted SDT.   

We used SDT transfer from the airport to our hotel.  The driver was friendly and waiting for us.  He got us safely to our hotel.  

Our tour was awesome.  Carla (?, I think)  was wonderful.  She seemed very knowledgeable.  Her English was superb. It was a long hot day, but we enjoyed every minute of it.  We were comfortable and learned a lot about Barcelona and Monserrat. The driver was excellent and we always felt safe.  We went to Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, Montjuic and Monserrat. 

If we ever get back to Spain, I will be sure to contact SDT again.  They have excellent service. 
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spain Day Tours is a top notch company. We just used them for various tours and also airport pick up and transportation for six people from our hotel to the ship. All the drivers and tour guides spoke English and were very informative. We had to cancel one tour due to the fact the ship time in port changed and we would not have enough time for the tour. I received a total refund for the tour on my credit card within a couple of days. All correspondence before our arrival was excellent. We would definitely use Spain Day Tours again and recommend them whole heartedly.

• 2 months later...

Spain Day Tours was fantastic. Their vehicles were comfortable and clean. Most of the guides were easy to understand and knowledgeable. We used them for:

Full day tour of Lisbon and Sintra

6 hour tour of Murcia and Cartagena - Murcia was a highlight. We could have done a self guided walking tour of Cartagena ourselves.

5 hour tour of Montserrat with pick up at the cruise terminal and drop off at our hotel. very convenient.

Recommend them highly. They were easy to do business with and adjusted to our changing plans well.

We took a private small group tour in Valencia with Spain Day Tours. It totally met our expectations.

Be sure you know if you’re booking a private tour or a shared group tour. We all (five couples on our roll call thread) chose to pay an additional 20 euros per couple to keep the group private and limited to ten people. It was still good value for the money spent.

One couple cancelled their cruise and we never found a replacement, so we also were asked to pay yet another 20 euros, to cover the cancelled couple. Having just eight of us on the tour was really an excellent number, and again, I feel like we did get full value for what we paid. I certainly was glad the cancelled couple received their full refund. We wish they had been able to be with us. Ten would’ve been a good number, too.

We would’ve posted on TripAdvisor, too, but the link Emilia sent to me asking us for an evaluation was for Seville, and I didn’t see how that would help for tours in Valencia.

Edited by May B

On 9/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, dileep said:

Spain Day Tours was fantastic. Their vehicles were comfortable and clean. Most of the guides were easy to understand and knowledgeable. We used them for:

Full day tour of Lisbon and Sintra

6 hour tour of Murcia and Cartagena - Murcia was a highlight. We could have done a self guided walking tour of Cartagena ourselves.

5 hour tour of Montserrat with pick up at the cruise terminal and drop off at our hotel. very convenient.

Recommend them highly. They were easy to do business with and adjusted to our changing plans well.

Dileep, do you think it’s worth adding Murcia to the mix? Am debating whether to do just Cartagena by ourselves as our ship only docks at 11am. In two minds...

5 hours ago, prish said:

Dileep, do you think it’s worth adding Murcia to the mix? Am debating whether to do just Cartagena by ourselves as our ship only docks at 11am. In two minds...

We loved Murcia, especially the Cathedral. Not much in Cartagena. I wish we had more free time in Murcia and less in Cartagena!

https://youtu.be/OILLquXazLo

On 9/29/2019 at 2:58 PM, dileep said:

We loved Murcia, especially the Cathedral. Not much in Cartagena. I wish we had more free time in Murcia and less in Cartagena!

https://youtu.be/OILLquXazLo

Many thanks Dileep, sorry for the late reply. I think Murcia is most certainly on the cards as I believe many places in Cartagena are closed in the afternoon. We’ll probably go with Spain Day Tours, this way we’ll spend the late afternoon/early evening in Cartagena before heading back to the ship.

3 hours ago, prish said:

Many thanks Dileep, sorry for the late reply. I think Murcia is most certainly on the cards as I believe many places in Cartagena are closed in the afternoon. We’ll probably go with Spain Day Tours, this way we’ll spend the late afternoon/early evening in Cartagena before heading back to the ship.

Here is what we saw in Cartagena https://youtu.be/rjQi_EVA8sY

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Murcia-Cartagena tour when our ship docked in Cartagena .   Totally worth it. Liked that our guide gave us the option to do a little more walking with her in Murcia and then grab quick lunch , or stop and have leisurely lunch. ( btw, if you go on a Saturday, you will see weddings in both Murcia and Cartagena) . She showed us the Roman sites in Cartagena from vantage points...then described how to go inside (fee applies) if we chose to. ).  We also went with them to the Alhambra when we docked in Malaga. 

Just returned from a cruise where we stopped in Granada.  We booked a private tour with Spain Day Tours for a visit to the Alhambra.  There is not one thing I would change or criticize.  We were picked up right at the dock.  It was a large, comfortable bus with a lovely guide who shared interesting facts along the way.  Once we arrived at the Alhambra we were split up into small groups of 14.  This was a good number.  Our guide was Francis and he was absolutely fantastic! His passion for this place was obvious.   Spain Day left enough time after the tour for us to stroll on our own in a part of Granada for approximately two hours. Important to note that they deposited us back at the dock to board the ship in plenty of time for departure.   Following our tour, the company contacted me to make sure we were pleased with their service, asked for any suggestions or complaints we might have so they can improve.  All around a great experience - highly recommend!!  

We recently used Spain Day Tours in Bilbao while sailing Crown Princess last month. We HIGHLY recommend them and thought it was the best excursion of our back to back 26 day trip.  Weather was a big issue on this sailing and many folks onboard were disappointed by loosing money with companies they had paid up front and then were not able to get into port. Spain Day did NOT require payment up front and their registration process is easy and efficient. I booked directly with them through their link online and we became part of 5 small buses they brought to the port at 8 AM. Some folks were from CC roll call, others were not.  Our guide spoke perfect English and showed us a wonderful day which ended in a lovely plaza where we could have free time to shop or visit a cafe.  We did the latter and had plenty of time. and some great local wine.   Sue 

We used Spain Day Tours in Palma in Oct 2019 while cruising on Celebrity Edge.

Tour departed very promptly soon after docking. Bus used was clean and tour guide was professional.

Ample time was allocated to each stops. Shopping stop doubled up as a comfort stop for passengers, thus works out fine.

We did not have the opportunity to use them at other Spanish ports as we've been there before.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Barcelona Day Tours/Spain Day Tours ( sister companies) during our recent cruise to Spain.

Barcelona Day Tours undertook all our transfers ( airport to hotel ) (hotel to cruise terminal)( cruise terminal to airport) 

in a very efficient manner. Transport was right on time, clean and we had no problems.

Barcelona Day Tours was also used for our 1 whole day tour of Monserrat and Barcelona. Driver/guide was

very knowledgeable and a very good driver during the Barcelona stage of the tour visiting all the sites.

We used Spain Day Tours for cruise excursions to Alicante, Valencia and Malaga ( Alhambra) all of which were

conducted and guided in a very efficient manner. 

We have absolutely no hesitation to recommend both Barcelona Day Tours and Spain Day Tours to all future

fellow cruisers.

• Like 1

We recently returned from a Celebrity cruise to Palma de Mallorca using 

qSpaindaytours for a Full day tour to Palma and Valdemossa. This was our 4th time touring with them, previously using them for the Alhambra, Seville, and Ronda (which was not on their website but we signed up a group from cruise critic and it was fabulous). 
Once again, this tour was wonderful. The guide, Sara, was knowledgeable, friendly and a former Brit, who spoke excellent English. She gave us an informative walking tour in Palma and Valdemossa, then about 2 hours free time to sightsee, shop, eat or whatever in each city. We were back on the ship an hour before “all aboard”. There were only 16 of us on a big, clean bus so it felt like a private tour at half the price of a ship’s excursion.
It is a pleasure to work with spaindaytours as they answer emails promptly and are super easy to book. We highly recommend them and will use them each  time we are in Spain. 
Ava 

Emilia was Great responds to Emails Quick!!! Everything was Excellent we had a great time from the tour guide to the driver to the sights we toured  - 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be Recommending Spain Day Tours and your sister Company Italy Tours. EU 
WE HAD A GREAT TIME ON A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!💖💖💖

We were thoroughly pleased and impressed with our excursion that we took through this company!  We were picked up at the cruise port and driven in a large, comfortable bus to Granada to explore the Alhambra.  Debbie was a lovely guide on the bus and Frances the guide at the Alhambra FAR surpassed our expectations.  He is passionate about what he does and about the Alhambra and it shows.  You cannot fake this kind of love for what you do.  He is so knowledgeable and he is very lovely in his personality.  Very well suited to what he is doing!!.  We loved having the smaller tour group of 14 people and the visit to the Alhambra was efficient yet not rushed. We were allowed so many photo ops and came home with wonderful memories because of that.   SO...we are very very satisfied with our experience and highly recommend spain day tours!