The New COSTA CLUB

Licisca

It's a today news here in Italy, the incoming new Costa Club:

You can read it in english by selecting the language

http://crazycruises.it/2015/09/11/il-nuovo-costaclub-dal-2016-la-rivoluzione-del-programma-fedelta/

Thanks. I'm surprised the new level starts at only at 26,001. Expected it to be at least double that.

It's a today news here in Italy, the incoming new Costa Club:

You can read it in English by selecting the language

http://crazycruises.it/2015/09/11/il-nuovo-costaclub-dal-2016-la-rivoluzione-del-programma-fedelta/

Interesting, thanks for sharing the link.

I wonder where we will sit after the recalculation?

I do not like, you can not expire points and downgrade a fans

cokj72,

What do you mean by "you can not expire points and downgrade a fans?"

Is this what you are referring to?

-translated by Google to English:

At the moment the official start of the new club, at the beginning of 2016, all the points of the last 3 calendar years (valid for the acquisition of the Club membership) will be recalculated according to the new rules: this will immediately get many more points for the cruises taken from 2013 to 2015. Many of you will go up so quickly to the Club membership higher.

In case instead the new points balance involves membership in a lower status, it will be guaranteed in the current membership for six months if you carry out cruises in that period. Up to June 2016 you can therefore continue to travel enjoying the new privileges associated with your current Club membership and at the same time gained many new CostaClub points under the new rules.

Al momento della partenza ufficiale del nuovo Club, a inizio 2016, tutti i punti degli ultimi 3 anni solari (validi per l'acquisizione del Club di appartenenza) saranno ricalcolati secondo nuove regole: questo permetterà di ottenere immediatamente tanti punti in più anche per le crociere effettuate dal 2013 al 2015. Moltissimi di voi saliranno quindi subito ai Club di appartenenza più alti.

Edited by Salve
forgot additional info

Costa Club is getting it's own web site, the German site is:

https://de.costaclub.com/

Currently found sites for Italy, Germany, France and Spain, in the above address exchange "de" ti it, fr, es. Haven't found anything for Uk or USA.

German information has now been out fro 24 hours, already a lot of flak being aimed at Costa about the last 3 years being recalculated and the possibility of a drop in membership status. It is still not clear about points earned before the last 3 years.

Another instance of Costa cocking things up.

Now where did I put my MSC catalogue.

It seems that only the last 3 calendar years will be used for status, not only at the start of the program but always.

That 26k points are not so low if you need to get 9k yearly to not lose them.

I'm on the verge of Gold Pearl, but I won't be able to keep it, so I'll be less inclined to travel with them.

In my experience, this is the first time a cruise company has expiration date on the loyalty points.

I will also be checking the MSC option.

What gets me mad over this gigantic typical Costa cockup, is that they are proudly annoucing the 15th. anniversary of CostaClub. But only taking the last 3 years into consideration, what about all the loyal passengers who also cruised the first TWELVE years.

Another load of BS from Costa.

It seems that only the last 3 calendar years will be used for status, not only at the start of the program but always.

That 26k points are not so low if you need to get 9k yearly to not lose them.

I'm on the verge of Gold Pearl, but I won't be able to keep it, so I'll be less inclined to travel with them.

In my experience, this is the first time a cruise company has expiration date on the loyalty points.

I will also be checking the MSC option.

The so called greater MDC Voyager Club also has points expiring now and they've removed the upper level discounts. I used to get 20% for being at highest level on all cruises! now it is only 5%. They advertises a few were you can get an extra 5 or even 15% but they choose the date! ship and itinerary. They have introduced a status match programme so for new passengers to MDC with high status with other lines, it uis probably a better club. For their existing frequent passengers, it is not good at all.

I have spoken to Costa Club in Germany and it is true that only the last three years will be used to recalculate your CostaClub membership level. So the first 12 years of one's loyalty to CostaClub is just booted down the drain.

There will be a newsletter sent out in the next two weeks detailing the changes in depth.

If anyone wants to write and complain about these changes, the email address is costaclub@de.costa.it (just change the two letter country code i.e. de to your own, or just use the German address).

My loyalty for Costa has certainly ebbed.

There are so many cruise lines in world with beautiful ships.

We were golden pearl and were downgraded to pearl because we hadnt sailed with them for three years.We were told if we sailed with them 3 times in the next year we would get golden pearl back.Now it is looking like we wont why do Costa always get thing wrong.

We were golden pearl and were downgraded to pearl because we hadnt sailed with them for three years.We were told if we sailed with them 3 times in the next year we would get golden pearl back.Now it is looking like we wont why do Costa always get thing wrong.

mcdermott,

It's sad that you were downgraded, but its noted in the rules that you would get downgraded if you didn't sail with them for 3 years.

I have spoken to Costa Club in Germany and it is true that only the last three years will be used to recalculate your CostaClub membership level. So the first 12 years of one's loyalty to CostaClub is just booted down the drain.

I hear what you are saying and understand your disgust.

As you understand it, will it be a rolling 3 years or just the last 3 years which are used to calculate your new points total. For example we did 18 nights in April 2014 in a Premium cabin which I work out to be (350 x 18) 6300 points under the new system.

Come April 2017 will these points disappear completely? :confused:

Looking back at my last 3 years totals, I believe these will be my converted totals.

12 Apr 2013 - Costa Pacifica 7 x 350 = 2450

28 Mar 2014 - Costa Fortuna 18 x 350 = 6300

13 Sep 2015 - Costa Deliziosa 7 x 350 = 2450

Total 11,300 + on board spend which I am not sure how to work out (Currently just over 1100 points under the old system). Wasn't it €1 = 1 point? The new system gives 2 points per €1 onboard spend so potentially that could possibly give me another 2200 points.

In theory if my calculations are correct that would make me Gold Pearl? :confused: (But only until April 2016???)

I guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens next...................in the true Costa way!!!

Edited by Wansbrough

+ on board spend which I am not sure how to work out (Currently just over 1100 points under the old system). Wasn't it €1 = 1 point? The new system gives 2 points per €1 onboard spend so potentially that could possibly give me another 2200 points.

Under the old / current system, for onboard spending it is 40 points for every €52 spent, (something I didn't know) for premuim, samsara and suite cabins it is 80 points for every €52 spent.

Under the old / current system, for onboard spending it is 40 points for every €52 spent, (something I didn't know) for premuim, samsara and suite cabins it is 80 points for every €52 spent.

Also, 40 points for $60 in classic, 80 points for $60 in premium or better

I felt something would change. The Costa Club cocktails were becoming crowded events and it was not that difficult to climb to the next level if one cruised regularly, but ignoring the points one accummulated before the last three years is a slap on the face of loyal customers...

As for teh Golden Pearl, that is the rule now: if one does not take a cruise within three years, it goes back to Pearl, but who knows how it is going to be in the future.

Costa has been making mistakes since before the Concordia incident... as one of our peers said, there are too many cruise lines in this world with beautiful ships (and often with better service than Costa...)

I'm in a Facebook-Fan-Group for Costa and most of us are cruising

with Costa because we like that "Italian-Way-of-Cruising" and

not because we earn points and benefits, while travelling with them.

It's nice to have but it's not a big game-changer. And just wait

for 2016 and see what the calculations really tell you.

In the old system I would have gone after my January 2016 -Cruise to

"Gold Pearl", now I see and wait, which Status I will have after the cruise...

• 1 month later...

New rules for the club are now up on the UK site.

Still not very clear how it will work, using both formulas I come out one way the new Diamond Level other downgraded to Pearl. Typical Costa always keeping us guessing.

After 23 cruises with Costa not sure going again after our usual February one, as we can never tell what Costa is proposing.

We got the e-mail regarding the new club rules last Friday.

We cannot be a*rsed working our way thro' all the rules as what we want is a good cruise ( we like Costa ) and some perks for coming back again and again.

We shall book again for January ( D.V. ) on our winter escape and see what happens to our entitlement. The e-mail was not user-friendly IMO but much can be lost in translation!! :D

Writers of company communications should never assume that customers ( AKA wage payers ) will take the same trouble to comprehend said communications as they have taken in writing them! KISS!

Does anybody know any details about recalculating points/status levels to adjust them to new Costa Club rules ?

I am going for the next cruise with Costa at the begining of January (10th). Will I have new or old status (in my case new status is higher) ? Maybe you know when they are planning to recalculate it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Does anybody know any details about recalculating points/status levels to adjust them to new Costa Club rules ?

I am going for the next cruise with Costa at the begining of January (10th). Will I have new or old status (in my case new status is higher) ? Maybe you know when they are planning to recalculate it.

From what I know it should be starting 1st January 2016, maybe sometime before every gets to know there new status / level. Just keep all you documentatio, including your onboard account statement so as to check your new status when known.

This is from Costa UK:

The more points you have, the faster you move up. The basic number of points awarded for each cruise day will still be 100 like before. What's changed is that there will be extra daily points awarded depending on the type of cabin you are travelling in:

100 points for inside cabins

150 points for outside cabins

175 points for outside cabins with balcony

Premium cabin guests still have their points doubled, meaning they receive 200 for inside cabins, 300 for outside cabins and 350 for outside cabins with balcony. Suite guests will receive a total of 450 points a day. We have also introduced points for the cost of air travel, up to a maximum of 500 points.

But that's not all: the points for onboard purchases are doubled, meaning you earn 2 for each euro spent, including purchases made before departure on the website http://www.costacruises.co.uk. This is also valid for onboard purchases made on cruises at a special promotional rate. As in the past though, the cost of the cruise ticket for these cruises does not entitle Members to points.

Club levels

• ambra.pngClub Ambra:0 points* NEW
  • acqua.pngClub Acquamarina:from 1 to 2.000 points
  • coral.pngClub Corallo:from 2.001 to 5.000 points
  • pearl.pngClub Perla:from 5.001 to 13.000 points
  • gold.pngClub Perla Oro:from 13.001 to 26.000 points
  • diamanti.pngClub Perla Diamante:from 26.001 points - NEW

More informatgion can be found here, just scroll down.

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/CostaClub/Pages/costaclub-2016.aspx

I have enough points to be Pearl Diamond with the new program. In January 2016 I am also going on another Costa cruise.

Just got off the Favolosa a couple weeks ago. While on board I asked the Costa Club rep if we will be Pearl Diamond when we embark in January. She said all the benefits begin in July 2016. We will see. I don't know why it couldn't start in January 2016.

I have enough points to be Pearl Diamond with the new program. In January 2016 I am also going on another Costa cruise.

Just got off the Favolosa a couple weeks ago. While on board I asked the Costa Club rep if we will be Pearl Diamond when we embark in January. She said all the benefits begin in July 2016. We will see. I don't know why it couldn't start in January 2016.

It was due to start in January 2016 and notification of changes was supposed to be sent out late October.

Now July. Could be Costa is assess MSC changes to it's club, e.g. status matching.