Cooking In Rome

Keith1010

Good article. Brought back some good food memories. Da Cesare is way off the tourist track, but easy to get to - it's a block from the end of the No. 8 tram line. I had my baptism into the wonderfulness of Amatriciana at Roscioli (both recommended to me by Katie).

And, last weekend, I made a batch of Katie's Zucchini Pesto, and used bucatini as the pasta…

Next time I'm in Rome, I really want to take a day and do a cooking class!!!

There is a regular Rome "local" contributor over on the chowhound site that has wine education classes. I've love to do one of her classes, too!

I'd also love to find a cheese maker and do a session of making fresh Mozzarella. I already make my own ricotta (once you have it, you can't go back to store-bought!!!), so the Moz would be a fun next step to try.

I had a real-life "nanna" -in-law for awhile. I loved to sit in the kitchen and watch her do her thing. Her fresh, handmade cavatelli were simply amazing and I've yet to find anyplace that has it like hers.